Petty on IR.. Bring on Hack!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Dec 26, 2016.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

JUST CAME ACCROSS ON ESPN/NEW YORK... Petty is done for the year. Let the Hackenberg Era begin! Now if Macc would do Petty a favor and cut/release him, that would be a great Xmas present for the kid! He'd be ready to go try out for a real NFL team in 2017.

Go Hackenberg!

Freddy Mondo and greaser like this.
  2. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

I think they'll start Fitz given everything I've seen and I'll be unbelievably annoyed.

Prepare for 4 quarters of "Hackenberg" chants until the team and coaches run off the field and disappear for 7 months.

3. Cman68

Well, that wouldn't surprise me as the Qb Savants that are developing these young Qb's are determined to keep them off the field. At least this forces them to suit up Hackenberg. Now personally, I'd like to see Shitz take 6 sacks and throw 5 pick 6's but that's just me. He needs to show something for that $12mil heist he pulled off.

alleycat9, dogg and matt robinson 17 like this.
  4. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

If the crowd starts chanting Hack, Hack, Hack, it will be confusing. I won't know if they want Hackenberg to play, or if they're insulting Todd.

5. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Glad the CS isn't folding and putting Hack out there

dmw and FJF like this.
  6. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

It will be horrible if Fitz pulls out a good performance when it doesn't matter against the same team he shit the bed against with the playoffs on the line.

Let Hack play in this pointless game...

rockyusmc2003 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  7. Cman68

Why not? It was good enough for Petty, why is it not good enough for Hack? I hope Shitz gets smashed so they'll have to play Hack. Even if the kid hands off 80% of the time, at least Hack will be on the field and get a feel for what its like to play behind that oline.

Freddy Mondo and NY Jets68 like this.
  8. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

They're gonna stick Fitz in there.

I hope he's harassed the entire 4 quarters.
    I hope he sets the record for most interceptions in a game.
    I hope he throws for the least passing yards ever in a game.
    I hope it's his last game as a pro.

John Elway went out with a bang.
    So did Peyton Manning.

Fitz goes out with a whimper.

How fitting.

9. 101GangGreen101

Petty had a year to learn the system and the Jets want to fix Hacks mechanics before he sees any real live reps, that's how I see things. Throwing him out there now can get him injured, and ultimately hinder his development.

dmw and MoWilkBeast like this.
  10. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Reality Check ...Sorry but the Bills win this game No different than the other 2 Jet meetings

Ive never been a quitter but this year s*tshow has done wonder for my psych

That said, the CS is too stubborn to play C Hackenberg as Toilet wants to win a game ...lmao Take CH out of the bubble wrap...you can get injured with the best OL just the same

Plus the FO is too stupid to see the wisdom of maybe glimpsing what you have in Hackenberg...(kid will learn something here eg how to avoid the rush and maybe complete some throws} .....BEFORE running out on draft day to grab a QB off the heap

SMH

Cman68 likes this.
  11. Cman68

Oh, you mean like all the reps Petty got rotting on the bench with his clipboard during his red shirt first year behind Shitz and Geno? Or all the reps Petty missed after the oline almost got him killed the first time in his second year during preseason? Perhaps you're referring to the oline finally getting Petty injured to the point of being on IR in its third attempt on Petty's life??

I get it.. Its ok to get Petty killed but you have to protect Hack at all costs cause he's the next QboTF.

#11 Cman68, Dec 26, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
  12. vokab206

vokab206 Well-Known Member

Torn labrum in his non throwing shoulder. That will hurt his development in the off season.

13. Cman68

Being on the Jet roster will hurt Petty's development period.

#FreePettyNow!

#13 Cman68, Dec 26, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
    ajax, JetsVilma28 and Snoopdogg like this.
  14. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Or they throw in Hack down 37-3 in the 4th quarter.

15. 101GangGreen101

Yeah, I can't say I agree with how things went down. Hack was the QB they wanted to slowly bring along. Petty in the grand scheme of things maybe was never that guy to begin with, but there was a shot. That's the reality of the NFL. Hack will be just another afterthought if he doesn't get his game together next year.

16. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

If he beats Rex I won't be disappointed. And that's prolly why Bowles will start him if it's his choice. But point taken, I'd like to see Hack too.

17. Cman68

The Curse of the Jet QB claims another victim..

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-j...terback-hex-claims-another-victim-bryce-petty

On second thought, please don't draft another kid to play Qb for this team Macc. Just sign JAGS, pay them for their time and send them on their way when their contracts are done. Evidently playing Qb for the NYJ is indeed a career killer. We are the franchise where Qb's come to die and it doesn't matter if you're a young up and coming talent or a veteran journeyman. You play for the Jets, your countdown starts immediately.

18. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

It's not the curse of the Jets QB CMan, it's the luck of the Fitz ( he's ginger and with that name, there must be some Irish ancestry there). How many times has he been benched and comeback in his career? How many QBs he's been passed over for have gotten injured? It's uncanny how many opportunities this guy has had.

Cman68 and FJF like this.
  19. LarryAlRalph

LarryAlRalph Well-Known Member

I dunno. After game 16 last season, who has more reason to want to beat Buffalo than Fitz? And since he's most certainly gone, why risk injury to Hackenburg in the balance? Let Fitz stand in there and take all the risk, because even if he were to pull out a win, it would mean nothing. And if he takes another pounding, who cares? He can whine during another presser that he still believes in himself when no one else does. And he'll be right on both counts! Win-win! :D

20. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

me thinks it will be the rookie. get ready for a heavy dose of 1st and second down runs, draws, quick screens and no pass greater than 15 yards.