Toilet Bowles has got to go

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Martin&theJETS, Nov 27, 2016.

1. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I have seen nothing to make me think that TB is the answer - apparently Harbaugh is looking to come back to the NFL - I know its mreo than likely he will go to the Colts (Luck) but I would love to see him in NY

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

What a clown post by Snacks

3. BigSnacks54

BigSnacks54 Well-Known Member

Idzik was fired early, and he probably shouldn't have been. I didn't have a problem with it because if the owner wasn't sold on him, why let him stay and pick his own coach? If they had kept him, they would have had to keep for the next three seasons. But he WAS fired earlier than he should have been. What has Mac done early in his Jets tenure to make you think that he was significantly better than Idzik?

4. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

I wish.

Woody's prolly ascared of Harbaugh tho.

5. TouchyFeely

TouchyFeely Well-Known Member

Give the keys to Mac to hire a coach instead of this shoulder to shoulder bullshit. 2-3 more years if we're not showing any improvement can him too.

NYJetsO12, VaBchJet and Poeman like this.
  6. BigSnacks54

BigSnacks54 Well-Known Member

Look at Mac's draft and compare them to Idzik's. How has been drastically better? The only difference is this guy spent all the Jets capspace on veterans to "win now". Fans won't like it, but the truth is we overrated Mac simply because he was not Idzik.

westiedog1 and JetBlue like this.
  7. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Weekly BUMP. All I want for Christmas is for Bowles to be unemployed.

Mac needs to be on the hot seat for neglecting the OL so outrageously.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  8. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

The last person I trust to hire a coach would be someone who resigned Fitz.

9. PickSix

PickSix Well-Known Member

For more money than they wanted to pay. To a free agent no one else wanted.

Peebag and JetBlue like this.
  10. jetstopgun

jetstopgun Well-Known Member

11. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

And this is the reason, not the record. Coaches are excused from having mediocre 1st and 2nd years. Jimmy Johnson was 1-15 his first year with the Cowboys, Bill Walsh was 2-14 and 6-10 his first and second years with the 49ers, and Bill Belichick was 5-11 his first year with the Cheaters. Hell, it took till 4 years for Belichick (and Brady) to prove they were a dynasty and not just a flash in the pan.

But when you're in your 2nd year and STILL not getting prepared for big games, you're still not posting safety help for your burnt out CB, punting on 4th and short when you're on your side of the field and down two scores AND you have a weak defense, kicking field goals in the red zone when you're down 41-0 in the 4th quarter, not rushing against a QB who only seems to lose against good pass rushes, and are playing the same scared shitless, try-not-to-lose football, you need to go.

Bowles has shown no signs that this is just part of growing the team. He shows he's not ready to be a HC.

Geno007, NYJetsO12 and NYJFOREVER like this.
  12. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

I don't see any way Bowles can be brought back - this end to the season is Kotiteian.

NYJetsO12 and jetstopgun like this.
  13. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Woody has to go

Lets face he is the common denominator for the continuous mess upon mess

Allowing Bowles to be hired without an obvious better investigation

We need a Vet owner with foottball smarts and a Vet coach,,,,,,,,

Send Bowles and gall stones away from here!!

Martin&theJETS likes this.
  14. NJrocket24

NJrocket24 Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Don't blame yourself, it's my fault....I should have fired you two weeks ago.

Bowles gotta go. He lost the team in the KC game when he didn't discipline/bench fitz. It comes down to constantly getting beat on coverages, scheme, lack of preparation, refusing to identify strengths and weakness of the team and game plans and overall leadership/accountability.

All of that is coach related. Bye Todd.

#194 NJrocket24, Dec 24, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2016
  15. AarontheJet

AarontheJet Active Member

You know, when you put it like that it's almost indefensible.

16. PickSix

PickSix Well-Known Member

Almost?

17. hastygreen

hastygreen Well-Known Member

Bowles coaches ones of the most gutless collection of Jets I have ever had the misfortune of watching. They have played with no effort or heart the entire season. The offense he lets Gailey run is inefficient and short sighted. When something works they go away from it back to the same gutless off tackle and up the gut runs Schottenheimer was so fond of. A defense that generates no pressure and nothing is done to address the problem. A Secondary that is routinely unprepared and scheming that takes anything, and I do mean anything, into account. Not team talent level, opposition talent level, score of the game, nothing.

The underlying principal that seems to govern what Bowles gameplan is gutlessness and a fear of losing. Have a lead? start running the ball to eat up clock with 8-9 minutes left in the 4th. Need some tough yards on 4th down? kick a punt rather than going for it, EVERY SINGLE TIME. The New York Football Jets gameplan is just as static, unyielding and uncreative as it was while Rex was here.

The only difference is that where Rex's gameplan was stupidly aggressive at times. Bowles is equally, if not more so, spineless as hell. The capper to that was kicking that stupid fucking FG when the game was already over. You man up and go for that shit; no points or three points. It don't matter a single lick because your gameplan got the Jets ass handed to them for the 3rd time in 4 weeks.

Frankly, I'm now of the opinion that SF decided to tank that game just in case the Browns peeled off a win or two; which they managed to do.
    The 49'ers were walking on our faces just like Indy, Mia and NE did until they just up and stopped. They could've probably laid a 30+ point win on us with no problem.

So, now The Jets are here and the whole franchise is a spineless, quivering, pile of jello right now. I hate that the Jets may need to gut the CS for the 2nd time in 3 years but it seems like that is the case. I honestly have no idea who they could get or what can be done to get this flotilla of skiff heading in the same, general, direction. I'm now pretty sure it isn't Todd Bowles.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everybody.

18. Beki

Beki Active Member

According to some reports, Woody was not present personally during the match vs NE, but really hope he is going to re-watch our performance.
    I didn't believe that would write it but CLE is far better coached than us. Their players putting effort, but what about us? We have Revis (blah) and Sheldon who is blaming Marshall. Where is the leadership?
    Other topic: do we have a HC? We just have Bowles who is calling timeouts when not neede and kicking FG's.
    Do we really want to star the rebuild with him? Give him another year with so many questionable decision and seeing that his players blaming each othet and not playing for him?

I know that not the best way firung your HC after 2 years, but Bowles is not capable of doing that.
    Fire him and deeply involve Macc in next HC decision and change the reporting chain, let the HC report to Macc and Macc to owner.

19. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

sorry to bring this back to the top, but i had to.

if we dont clear house this year of this guy and mac we will have a middling year next year against a terrible schedule and go 7-9 and then set ourselves back 5 more years to getting to be a really strong team again. last year was a fluke, and next year will be too. i can see it happening and woody thinking oh these turds have us going in the right direction.

20. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Fire this emotional statue already, play Petty you moron, have a young rebuilding team and playing a 38 yr old POS at QB is beyond mind boggling, sorry about the new thread but 52 yrs a a fuckin frustrated fan came thru...too bad!

BomberJet, xxedge72x, Cman68 and 6 others like this.