Here we are again...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Dec 24, 2016.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Time to blow it up Woody and start over. Petty isn't ready to be the Qb. In fact, there is NOBODY on the current roster that can play Qb at a NFL level. Not with this Oline. Not with this OC. Not with this CS. Not with this GM. Not with this team..

Let me be clear. I am still a Petty fan but his time is not now. It may or may not come but, if it ever does happen for the kid it won't be with the Jet organization. I doubt if Hack is any better as he is a project chosen by a GM that really has no track record of spotting Qb talent. Given that this franchise has drafted and successfully developed ONE Qb since Ken Obrien speaks volumes as to what their skillset is. They have none.

Any college Qb that finds himself drafted by the Jets should pass. Do ANYTHING other than play Qb for the New York Jets. as it has been proven over and over that its a career killer even if you don't have one yet. Vet Qb's need to steer clear of this team as well.

Out of the entire 53 man roster, there are what? 4 guys that a case can be made to keep. Powell, Anderson, Enumwa, Williams. That leaves 48 guys that are expendable and out of those, perhaps you could keep a handful of others. For the most part, this roster is devoid of talent and because of that, this franchise is devoid of hope.

I'm not telling you guys anything you don't already know. I'm pretty sure even Woody knows this and if I were him, I'd track down Casserly/Wolf and stomp a mudhole in their chests for suggesting we hire either of these guys.

So here we are again. CS inept and God willing, given their 2 week notices. There is no case to be made to keep either the GM or the CS as both are as responsible for this trainwreck. We were just here 2 short years ago with Rex but back then, we cared enough to fly planes and banners over the MetLife bldg. 2016? We don't even care enough to do that anymore since we all figure Woody will find a way to fuck it up anyhow.

Burn it down Woody. All of it. Severance packages for all vets and coaches. Start over or sell. The team is worth over a billion so you'll make money on the sale. Just go back to doing whatever else you were doing before the NFL Owners cursed this franchise by approving your purchase.

After all these years, I'm just about done boyz. 2017 won't be any different since the names will change but the results will be the same. It won't matter who's Qbing the team since we have no talent at that position and no coach competent enough to develop that talent.

Yeah, Seems like just yesterday but its actually been 2 years. Time flies when you're delusional.

2. AarontheJet

AarontheJet Active Member

I don't agree with the GM stuff, but I agree with everything else. Petty can be good somewhere else, not here though. It just feels like this franchise will never develop a roster that can win a Super Bowl at this point. We are the Cubs of the NFL and it's starting to feel like we will never see this franchise do anything worthwhile.

rohirrim665, Cman68 and Poeman like this.
  3. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Dude.... There was a reason the contracts were structured the way the were. It was all band-aide work.

I'm sure Mac was hopeful for much more production then he has got out of these guys he's brought in but between all the injuries and the decline in play, the shit didn't pan out.

Nobody should be extremely surprised by this year to be honest. Our roster was never world beater material to begin with, it was a patch work roster, all the while eye-balling the future.

It's not the time to dump the GM or Coach. I won't shed a tear if Bowles was fired though. This was per the course, the only reason people don't realize this is because of the delusion of last seasons record and the preseason media hype of this team leading into the actual season.

I understand the frustration but I also believe it to be off base and premature to be calling for a complete turnover. AGAIN.

We really shouldn't strive towards being the next Cleveland Browns. Your plan will put us on that path.

iJet, PhillyJet52, JETS1116 and 3 others like this.
  4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Great post. I agree. Clearly there will be a lot of pressure on the team in 2017, but the goal is to keep getting better. Everything went wrong this year. Hopefully things fall the team's way in 2017. Plenty of changes do need to be made though.

5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Revis showed up out of shape and unmotivated in the middle of $39M guaranteed. Fitzgerald held out all year for an unreasonable salary and management buckled and he sucked this year. Wilkerson held out for 3 years and management finally buckled and gave him an ill-advised contract with 2 years of guarantees built-in.

Decker got hurt. Mangold got hurt.

That's a recipe for an unnacountable uncoachable team with no leadership anywhere in sight.

That's not on Bowles unless he wanted all those players signed regardless of the cost. If he wanted that, well he's as guilty as anybody else in the mess we're all watching.

6. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

Even if he had no fingerprints on any of that (which I highly doubt given the management structure) his in game coaching was actually worse than Rex. He's awful and needs to go.

Peebag, tomdeb, greaser and 4 others like this.
  7. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

the planes flying in 2014 is what brought us to where we are. if not for the planes, revis would be declining elsewhere, fitz would be carrying a clipboard elsewhere, clady would be manning some other teams i.r. but the fans want instant satisfaction so we get the "competitive rebuild" which is just not possible when you don't have a competitive qb, this team has been doing everything it can to avoid rock bottom for 5 years and the price has been mediocrity, so much so that the fans now crave mediocrity and can't handle that we have finally reached the bottom.

iJet, MoWilkBeast, Brook! and 5 others like this.
  8. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Well said. Completely agree. The fans need to accept a real rebuild or else we'll be in the perpetual position to be a playoff team once every four years when we fall into a reasonable easy schedule.

NYJetsO12, MoWilkBeast, Jake and 2 others like this.
  9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

How is that exactly? If it weren't for the banners and billboards, Rex and Idzik might still be here. None of the banners or billboards said that we wanted a "competitive rebuild." They said we wanted to get rid of the loser HC and GM. The common denominator is Woody. He's clueless.

Barry the Baptist and Lee Savit like this.
  10. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

You guys act like the Jets are the only team struggling to find a QB .Look at how long it took the Raiders to find one,theres so many teams with issues at QB.The problem is the Jets scouts drop the ball and miss on guys with talent in the later rounds.

11. SouthBayJetsfan4life

SouthBayJetsfan4life Well-Known Member

If I were you...start thinking 2020.
    That's when the Jets might be good.
    Rebuilds take awhile...Jets fans are far too familiar with the process.
    I think it's time to just get used to it.

12. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

I'm not one for big coaching changes and blowing it up but it seems too often, guys are out of position, or aren't given the best chances to succeed. That's a coaching issue. Besides the defensive line, the back 7 is just been putrid, and I don't think that's due to these players being bad. There's a disconnect, it's as if Rodgers and Bowles are hurting these guys out there...I honestly want something different out there.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  13. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

NFL rebuilds can be very quick if you hire the right people. If we got Harbaugh (pipe dream of course), I'll bet we'd be a contender by 2018.

14. Snoopdogg

Snoopdogg Active Member

What is a "real" rebuild? How is it different from what we have been doing?

From what I can see, the Jets changed almost all players of note from three years ago, the only significant players here who were here in 2013 are probably Wilk, Sheldon, and a couple others I can't think of right now. QB, RB, WR, OL, LB and DB are almost all different.

Problem isn't that we are not rebuilding, it's that we are rebuilding with the wrong stuff. I was all for the Revis signing but yet again Darth #@$&-ing Hoodie knew what he was doing. Will was overpaid. Drafting has been putrid. FA signings have been middling. You rebuild with a bad architect and bad materials, house is gonna fall down.
    ]

jgjet likes this.
  15. 24McNeil

24McNeil Well-Known Member

let stop with the non sense. the truth is very simple.....

We are not doing SH!T with Woody as our owner....the stink starts at the top and seeps down to every fabric of this organization.

what exactly are we going to do next?? have a wall street head hunter hire our next front office again(who does that???) or pick the brain of former exec's who have been retired for decades combined???

woody johnson is a a$$ clown and has no clue of anything going on around the league to point us in the right direction.

Please sell the team and wish a happy holiday to all the ppl you conned into buying PSL's.....

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  16. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

I don't think they ever dreamed this would go down like this tho. So, if their intention was always to look beyond this season and to set things up for that and the future you're probably right. If that was the plan internally all along then no doubt Mac stays, and Bowles most likely also.

Maybe this fiasco is for the best in the end and will be the push needed to basically clean out the roster altogether now for a full scale youth movement and rebuild, adding to select guys that they like along with a couple of vets for mentoring.

I suppose that would pique my interest, a little at this point. But we are so far behind the best organizations today from the top down that it's actually despairing.

#16 Walt White, Dec 24, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2016
    NYJetsO12 and Cman68 like this.
  17. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

What indication do you have that Idzik would have one better job? He wasn't even offered a GM spot for any other of the 31 teams.

Jets1035 likes this.
  18. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

I'm trying not to be reactionary, but I think it's genuine concern that the players have quit on Bowles multiple times this year if not completely. How is Bowles going to reclaim the team?

I think it the only MAY be possible for him to reclaim the team if he gets rid of every problem player. My guess is that it will be mostly the vets that are making the big bucks.

Barry the Baptist likes this.
  19. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

You don't sign Antonio Cromartie (31), Darrelle Revis (30), Matt Forte (31), Steve McLendon (30) to multi-year contracts, and traded for Ryan Clady (30), Brandon Marshall (31) to start.
    The only cap friendly deal in their was Cromartie as he was cuttable after year one.

Imagine we signed any combination of the following: OLB Brian Orakpo(28) or OLB Pernell McPhee (26), WR Michael Crabtree (27), RB DeMarco Murray (27), CB Davon House (26) or CB Sterling Moore (26), S Da'Norris Searcy (26) or S Darian Stewart (27).

We wouldn't be talking about the massive roster overhaul and cuts we're talking about now. We also spent the better part of that entire first week of free agency bidding ourselves up against New England for Revis rather than trying to build a roster that actually has depth.

That offseason turns out to be the reason we're in the absolute mess we're in now.

30 is basically the death year for NFL players. We better not sign anyone over the age of 28 this offseason or we're back in the same vicious cycle.

#19 Jonathan_Vilma, Dec 24, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2016
    NYJetsO12, LarryAlRalph and FJF like this.
  20. AarontheJet

AarontheJet Active Member

People, let's be honest with ourselves. This team has given up on Bowels and it's been quite apparent. The team has been blown out in 3 of the last 4. Prior to that they got blown out by the Steelers, Cardinals, and Chiefs (counting it as a blowout since they were down 18 and they threw 6 picks.)

That's 6 blowouts with a roster that is identical to last year's. Not too mention we needed second half comebacks to beat the Niners and Browns.

On top of that, his lack of in-game adjustments, his shitty situational football IQ, and his laughable time out management tells me all I need to know about him. Funny thing is he was making the same mistakes last year, but we played such shitty teams that we were still able to win in spite of his stupidity. The fact that he let his QB throw 5-6 interceptions in the 4th Q without pulling him is all you need to know about how he keeps players accountable.

I'm willing to give Macc more time, but Bowles is what he is. He's a DC at best, but not an HC. He's over his head.