Brandon Marshall...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by matt robinson 17, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

I took him in the 2nd round of my fantasy league... I'm ashamed. He's getting outplayed by 6th, 7th round, and undrafted players week in and week out.

2. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Trade him - get whatever you can.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  3. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

4. Jeremy2020

Jeremy2020 Active Member

You'd have to give up something to get someone to take him at this point. Better to just cut him .

dmw and matt robinson 17 like this.
  5. Fleetwood

Fleetwood Member

He's a stiff. Was in Denver, Miami and Chicago. He has played in as many NFL playoff games as both me and Fitzmagic. Our next one will be our first.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  6. supersonic

supersonic Well-Known Member

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  7. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

Its only a few days after the Dolphins game that I've come to the realization we should strongly consider trading Brandon. I'd really prefer to get something in return & avoid cutting him outright. He's clearly coming to grips with the fact that this team is at best a couple of years from playoff contention. I'm taking a less angry mode than the previous posters as I see it as a sobering moment for him. I was/am so pleased with his effort last year that I have to understand his dissatisfaction of the team's 2016 performance. He seems as shocked (if not more) than us fans about how fast the season unraveled.

In weighing his ability to withstand the patience required for a rebuild along with the cost benefit he has to a new young QB looking for an experienced WR to throw to, ---------- the scale has tipped for me in favor of trading him.

b.reyes16 and NCJetsfan like this.
  8. PickSix

PickSix Well-Known Member

Well the trade deadline has passed, so that's not happening this season. And it's highly unlikely he'll increase his off season trade value over the next two games. Teams will wait until he's (rightfully) cut then sign him below his 2017 figure. He's not worth $7.5million next year.

9. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

You dont think he could easily be traded before the draft to a team on the cusp of playoffs/championship missing a big time receiver?
    S--t, I'd take a 5th or 6th ------- he' probably be willing to renegotiate his salary if he could go to a winning team.

10. PickSix

PickSix Well-Known Member

Last off season yes, this off season no. He's no longer that big time receiver that could put a team over the top.

11. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I love Marshall, he is a true team player, at least he has been here but I agree he won't be worth what he gets. Let him go to NE and win a SB, he deserves it.