Mike Trubisky? Reportedly the Jets are Interested

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by SonofDinger, Dec 14, 2016.

1. hastygreen

hastygreen Well-Known Member

We don't know what we have in either player because this management refuses to give them proper reps. Unless the QB prospect is complete or semi complete they need to stop drafting QB's for a hot minute. You need a QB in this league but you also need other things like LT,OLB, anybody that can pass rush, CB, RB. Right now the Jets need to be filling in the rest of the roster. Don't worry, without a good QB we'll still be in position to draft that big name when it's time.

NCJetsfan and Red Menace like this.
  2. Dibben

Dibben New Member

Unless the QB is the BPA in the 17 draft, we should target areas of need unless a gem falls to us!!

Petty/Hack are worth a year to see what they have, especially as the QB draft seems light this year, but potentially better in 18

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. BigSnacks54

BigSnacks54 Well-Known Member

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/334622/jets-gm-has-an-affinity-for-hackenberg. This came out the day before the draft. It's too early to tell if this is true, but I wouldn't be shocked if it is

SonofDinger likes this.
  4. Jets1035

Jets1035 Active Member

I'm with you on the OL. Id like to see 2 OL's drafted this year. But if we spend another first round pic on a DL/DB, my head is going to explode!

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  5. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

My head will explode also, along with a lot of Jet fans, if they draft "D" first unless Garrett somehow falls to them. But I think Fournette should be the pick if he's there, and then go for OL with picks 2 & 3.

NYJetsO12 and Jets1035 like this.
  6. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

Mehta wrote the article and he did not have named quotes. Don't give it a second thought.

SonofDinger likes this.
  7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Fournette is an oversized RB with injury issues.

If they take him in the top 10, they deserve the bust they get.

TwoHeadedMonster and stinkyB like this.
  8. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

I'm not a hug RB in the top 10 fan, especially with a shaky (at best) O-line

Take the unsexy oline pick, unless as someone said earlier, there's a game-breaker on O that falls to us. We need to build the O which we've ignored for far too long.

abyzmul likes this.
  9. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Why are we wasting 2-3, maybe 4 years of a QBs life with all this college crap???

Get these guys in here right out of HS. Why are we letting the nation's #1 QB prospect waste 2-3 years of his life on some fricken college team learning absolutely nothing that relates to the NFL?

Hell, sign the day they turn 18. My god it's so obvious.

Boomboom likes this.
  10. TouchyFeely

TouchyFeely Well-Known Member

To be honest, these QBs need a developmental league where they can hone their skills specifically for the pro game. I work in a sports arena that primarily hosts AHL games and plenty of guys get called up to the NHL each year, and these guys are actually pretty good. They get game time and all the live game experience they need. An NFL d-league, Petty could've gotten a season's worth of practice reps and pro-style defensive looks. Hackenberg could've been working with a QB coach already without taking up the time of guys working on getting our starters ready for the next game.

It goes for all players, but specifically for QBs since there's really only 10 or so really good QBs in the league. College is nice and all but the focus on college is reaching the Natty while in a d-league they would be focusing on raising good players and teaching them how to succeed in the pro game.

11. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Not to mention the financial advantages of a NFL-d league. More swag sales generating more income for the parent organization. More experience for rookies to properly develop. The games don't have to be televised except in the local market they play in. Win/Win for everybody.

Footballgod214 and Boomboom like this.
  12. NJrocket24

NJrocket24 Well-Known Member

I've always been of the opinion the NFL needs one and would vastly improve the quality of the product by increased practice reps and team cohesion. (Think about when injuries strike and they resort to signing guys off the street who have never even practiced with the team) whereas a call up from the D league would have practiced in the team system all year.
    Bottom line is money talks and it would never happen. NFL has a free developmental league in the NCAA that doesn't cost them one cent and makes the universities millions. Even though the quality suffers, clearly the nfl gives no fucks about quality product as we've seen.

Cman68 and Footballgod214 like this.
  13. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

A developmental league for the NFL would make a ton of sense. You could have numerous players assigned to teams like in baseball getting playing time to further development. Late bloomers and fringe college players would benefit a ton. It wouldn't be like the NBA where you have the cream of the crop and then the ones who don't get drafted head off to Europe never to be heard from again. Shit, minor baseball players only make a pittance of a wage and they don't even approach a decent contract unless they make the majors. Considering the sheer amount of teams that exist in minor league farm systems, the costs to MLB are minimal. I imagine in the future, any study the NFL conducts will find the positives far outweigh the negatives. It's also a great way to bring football to smaller markets that have no chance of ever attracting an NFL team. But your probably right, any expenditure of any kind will just pull the purse strings tighter.

14. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Lol poor Cleveland. They obviously are trying, I mean scouts are paid to a job after all, but its like comically bad with the lack of results. Not that the Jets are that much better.

15. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

The NBA now has a developmental league. They also have a summer league to get rookies some experience.

16. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

I know but the D league still has a ways to go. You have a certain percentage of undrafted FA and career also-rans there. Also with the draw of international ball, you don't get a higher level of talent. The NFL is pretty much the only option for amateurs outside of the NCAA. I think it would be an effective way to supplement the talent pool. But like I said, I'm sure any study they do will come to nothing.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  17. bmfc1

bmfc1 Well-Known Member

I watched some of Trubisky's bowl game and saw him throw a pick-6 from his goal line and then take a 13 yard sack to move his team out of FG range so yes, he's ready for the Jets!

18. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

The guy I was impressed with was Solomon Thomas, he was all over the place. Not that the Jets need another defensive lineman but he was dominant.

sackexchange and bmfc1 like this.
  19. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Mine too

Drafting Ds is stupid

Been saying this for 2 years now

#59 NYJetsO12, Dec 31, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  20. SonofDinger

SonofDinger Well-Known Member

Agreed. He's plays very Jet-like. Heh. That said, I will go mad if they use a first round pick on him. I couldn't have been more unimpressed by his play in the Sun Bowl from the other day.