Cedric Houston

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GlennFoley, Nov 13, 2006.

1. GlennFoley

GlennFoley Banned

When will we get him back?

I like him better than Barlow

2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Your threads are starting to piss me off now.

I can see you sitting in front of your computer with a shi**y grin on your face.

3. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

Who knows, hopefully soon. Leon/Cedric is the ultimate 1-2 punch.

4. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

he will help us a lot,we need him back soon.
    But once again,why are you starting this thread right after Barlow has his best game as a Jet?

5. highlife15

highlife15 New Member

I don't. I still don't understand the love affair with Houston.

6. jetsaholic1094

jetsaholic1094 New Member

Exactly. He's a troll, and it would've been even more apparent if you could check his complete post history. He usually shows up for a brief time, adds in a few worthless threads, then disappears for awhile.

7. SOWELLisGOD

SOWELLisGOD New Member

i like houston, he runs hard...i'd like to see all 3 of the backs (washington, barlow and houston) active for games...i think houston can be an effective clock eating, chain moving 4th quarter specialty back

8. GlennFoley

GlennFoley Banned

Cedric reminds me of Lamont Jordan..

He has a better burst than Barlow

9. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

Cedric was refining his technique over the preseason which was him breaking tackles and improving immensly. I hoped that this will improve and i can only guess that he has been working with curtis martin during his time off. This could be good for him as he had the tools he just needed to do some refining.

10. jetsfan53

jetsfan53 Banned

11. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

???

Anyway, as far as "Electric Cedric" are people STILL on his bandwagon?

At what point are people going to look at his stats and realize he has yet to do anything impressive?

None of our RBs are "good." All three of the active ones are average on good days.

Barlow can power through the line on short pushes. Leon can get around the corner quick, and scoot for 3 or 4. Houston combines both into a sub-par package.

The only thing I like about Houston at this point is that he isn't Blaylock.

Our answer at RB is either stick with the RBBC (with all three guys rotating) or picking up a marquee guy in the draft. None of the three are feature backs.

12. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

uh nevermind

#12 DaBallhawk, Nov 27, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2006
  13. DaBallhawk

i really liked the leon/barlow combination. now with houston in there its incredibly stupid to give each RB like 5 carries a game. that makes no sense at all. deactivate houston and blaylock, activate a LB/DT and lets roll with leon and barlow

14. sethgilistro

sethgilistro New Member

relax... its one game and no one ran well yesterday. At least Houston got a td and threw a hell of a block on the same drive. I have seen enough of Barlow to say i would rather take houston the rest of the way...

15. rillo

rillo New Member

Feel the same way here.....except the NE game barlow hasnt really shown me anything.....i like the leon/cedric combo :finssuck:

16. DaBallhawk

yea, houston really was on fire yesterday. 11 rushes for 13 yds :shit:
    oh and his td was a 1yd run. even ben graham couldve scored on that play..

17. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

I have to know...

WHAT HAS HOUSTON DONE TO WARRANT ANY CREDIT???

This is a simple question. However, no one has yet to give me ANY sort of answer, beyond "Oh Barslow sucks. I'll take Houston any day."

I want a reason. Is it his great number of total yards?

His superior pass catching ability?

His great pass-blocking ability?

ANYTHING???

He has NONE of the ABOVE.

At least you know with Barlow it's a push up the gut. It may net 2, it may net 5. It's never going to be pretty, but give me Barlow on the goaline anytime over Houston.

For all that Barlow cannot provide, Leon can. Well, except be expected to hold on to the ball.

18. rillo

rillo New Member

Houston played good last year.....i thought (it was a horrible year i know). Hes been hurt this year....hasnt really gotten on the field. Plus he's only been in the league for what......2yrs? I see some promise in the guy especially with Leon mixing it up. Maybe a good 1-2 punch. I'm not discounting Barlow (thought he was pretty good for SF). However i expected more from him, glad we didnt over pay for him (A la Herm). He's just one of those guys that needs to be fed the ball more i guess. Just looks slow in everything he does (barlow).....maybe its just me :finssuck:

19. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Houston played adequately in a losing effort last year. Keep in mind, Bolly looked pretty good by week 16 too.

He got hurt in his first game. (Week 6 or something like that.) He got beat for a startin job by Blaylock, who has totally disappeared, Barlow, who had a full week with the playbook before seeing action, and Leon, a rookie.

I see zero promise from Houston. Yes, Barlow is slow. No question. He is a bruiser back. He just pounds the line for the short yards. That's why the RBBC works for us right now.

Our future at RB is not currently on this team.

20. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

He gets stopped in the backfield before ever pounding the line. And when he does "pound" the line, he does it so softly that he gets no gain. Houston is a faster, more powerful barlow.

The future backs are on this team, that's Leon and Cedric. Leon who uses his speed and ability to make defenders miss to pick up big yardage and Cedric who uses his power and acceleration to plow through the line.