Can't even tank right

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Dec 11, 2016.

1. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

Petty gained enormous confidence and that is a plus...Hopefully he can build up on that for the next 3 games. Jets played mostly young guys.

2. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

A fan does not root for his team to lose. Period.

Freddy Mondo, Ozymandias and slimjasi like this.
  3. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Meh. Go fuck yourselves. If I'm going to invest three hours sitting indoors on my couch watching the Jets, I want them to fucking win. This is entertainment. This isn't sparta.

4. Gremlin

Gremlin Well-Known Member

Jets won, Draft isn't busting with rookies showing stellar skills at our positions of need, we showed heart and I'm feeling pretty happy.

Jets_Grinch and hornblower like this.
  5. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Is this what you said about Brady a couple of weeks ago when he "squeaked out a win" against the Jets? I'd blame the defense for this one, and thank Petty and Powell for bailing them out.

6. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Who is going to take a safety ahead of us?

7. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

He's absolutely right. there was NOTHING to gain from this win. Oh Bryce Petty is showing competence? Guess what...he faced one of the worst defenses in the league.

8. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Honestly if you can't find talent with the 5th or 6th pick, you don't deserve to be in the NFL from a scouting or personnel department.

9. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I want them to win all four games AND get a high draft pick. I know I can't have that in all likelihood, but that's what I want. It IS Christmastime isn't it?

But in all seriousness, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Fournette falls to them (and them keeping them crossed until the Jets pick him).

10. wampa

wampa Well-Known Member

We've moved down maybe 1 spot in the draft order.

We're not going to win out the season, so our best finish is 6-10. That's enough for a good draft pick. And if we see enough in those games to know Petty is our QB of the future, that's well worth it.

11. BakerMaker

Turn your Jets card in if you don't want to see the Jets at Metlife next week take it to Miami and destroy their playoff hopes. No shot you want Suh and company celebrating a sweep. They can lose all the other games to the Pats or Bills but a loss for Miami next week would be a dagger shot.

Jonathan_Vilma and Ozymandias like this.
  12. Catfish Billy

Catfish Billy Well-Known Member

My heart wanted them to win, and I was rooting for them but it would've been better to come back and lose. Don't wanna miss out on Fournette.

13. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

and he beat them. With his arm and his legs on that 2pt conversion. When was the last time you saw the Jets convert one of those? This was the kid's 2nd start EVER. He won it with guts. His run into the endzone on the 2pt play was huge for him and the team. Did you see the way they perked up after that? When was the last time you saw a Jet QB throw a ball that long on the run accross his body? Hell, beating Tenn and Miami a few years ago proved nothing. Beating the 9'ers today may be just what a young QB needs to build confidence.

14. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

If they find a pretty good QB in the next games who cares about the draft. They will get a good player. Drafting number one is only important if you need a QB. and there is one on the board. Right now they have a chance to see if there is one already on the team. If he is good enough it is like having the number one pick.

ColoradoContrails and PulseJet like this.
  15. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

And Robbie Anderson with 6 catches for 99 yards

16. BakerMaker

If Mike McGlinchey reconsiders and jumps in this draft, Jets outta pounce on him. Someone outta tell that kid he might be a top 5 pick in the draft.

Get yourself a franchise LT and get some youth on that side of the field. No more excuses.

17. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

I'm not buying it man. I'm just thinking of how we gave up almost 200 yards to Hyde alone on less than 20 carries. The Niners have given up for 12 straight games. If Petty does this against New England I'll perk up but otherwise this was meaningless.

18. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

He was getting his ass kicked getting sacked numerous times and still came back to win. If we can find out that Petty is worth something that is worth more than a higher pick

19. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Well said. It was 106 or 116 games since their last conversion, I forgot the exact number that was stated.

Bryce held his own after the opening INT, and had an even better 2nd half. I would have been more concerned if he straight up lost this game today.

I won't say I expect a W against Miami, but I want him to make adjustments and have a solid game.

20. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

If Petty plays well these last 3 games, I'll be happy. He's got 10 other guys on the field with him not to mention Master Chan calling obvious plays from his perch. The 9'ers lost today not only because Powell was running over them but Chip Kelly f'd up going for it on 4th dwn. Petty didn't give up 200yds to Hyde and truth be told, the Jet D shut the 9ers down in the 2nd half completely. Hyde got his duece, but that was all they got.

Lets see if the team keeps it up against Miami. If Petty plays well against Belichek who is arguably the greatest mind in the game today, if we lose its still a win. I fully expect Rex to dial up some Martian shit on defense.

This kid has a lot of Farve in him. Lets see how it plays out.

#40 Cman68, Dec 11, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
    hwismer, NCJetsfan and PulseJet like this.