2017 QBs

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RichardCaster, Nov 25, 2016.

1. Mexican Buc

Mexican Buc Well-Known Member

AJ Feely comes to mind. Matt Schaub cost the Texan pair of second rounders.
    I think some of you are really overrating Glennons value. We would have moved him for a 3rd. He's a good QB and can be something on the right team. Seeing as he hasn't played in two years though, he's not going to command Brock money, or even Matt Flynn money. You should be able to get him pretty well with a good price and a promise of a shot at the starting job.

I'd get him and Romo. Romo offer the Jets a Warner-Cardinals sort of window. If he can stay healthy he can take this offense to a whole new level with your WRs. Keep Glennon as a high grade pricey back up (it's been done before) who can step in should Romo get hurt or eventually take over all together in a year or two should Romo not work out.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

No way Romo should get within a thousand miles of this team. If they can add Glennon, fine; otherwise, I'm happy rolling with Petty and Hack next season, and maybe someone like Foles to hold the clipboard.

MexicanJet likes this.
  3. Mexican Buc

Mexican Buc Well-Known Member

He's exactly the guy you WANT near your team. Romo's problem is health, not play. When healthy he's one of the top QBs in the league and far better than anything the Jets have had in a while.
    You get him for a year and hedge your bet with a rookie QB you see as your future or a backup/starter like Glennon. Best care he's your Arizona Kurt Warner, worse case he's your NY Giants Kurt Warner.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  4. NCJetsfan

I disagree. To begin with, there's no way he can stay healthy even behind the Cowboys' OL. There certainly will be no way he will stay healthy here. Secondly, I don't want another JAG QB starting. With the exception of the DL and young WRs, I think the team needs to be pretty much blown up and started over with a youth movement. I want Petty or Hack starting next season and just a JAG vet to serve as a backup/insurance in case of injury. I don't want someone who will come in and have to start. As I said, I'll take Glennon, because he's young enough that if Petty or Hack can't beat him out, he can start for a year or two and play decently. I don't want any more old, over-the-freaking-hill QBs.

SonofDinger likes this.
  5. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

from this list: glennon, then maybe foles but i think kc will keep him.
    otherwise, pass. in fact, cut a whole bunch of our own high cap vets to free up cap space.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  6. jetfan59

jetfan59 Well-Known Member

I don't think the Jets should go after Romo either because of his injury concerns, but Romo should not be considered a JAG QB.

7. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

If the Jets draft another QB, I swear on my mothers living life I would have to consider taking a break from this team. Not leave them completely just not watch them or have anything to do with them for a whole year of football.

It means Mac sucks as a GM and has adopted the Charlie Casserly approach to drafting, it means they don't know how to develope players on the offensive side of the ball.

It means Trubinski will sit on the bench for a year because they don't want to rush him.

It will be a Wash, Rinse, Repeat cycle of lack of QB development.

MexicanJet, Martin&theJETS and Cman68 like this.
  8. NCJetsfan

I agree. It was hyperbole. I just don't want another old QB, especially one that can't stay healthy.

9. jetfan59

jetfan59 Well-Known Member

I agree with that. This roster isn't close enough to being contenders to spend that type of money on an aging QB.

10. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

I like the idea of Romo being our version of Carson Palmer with Arizona. Let Petty and Hack learn from a good NFL quarterback for a year or two. Keep building the rest of the team through the draft, and judicious free agent signings, and we can be competitive while we rebuild.

11. NCJetsfan

Another year or two? Petty will be 27 in another 2 years. I hope for his sake that he will be freed of insanity of Jets fans and the Jets before that happens!

Even if Romo could stay healthy (which he can't) why in the world would you want him? This team is going nowhere, especially if Bowles is still HC. They have a ton of holes. They don't even begin to have enough talent or discipline to be serious contenders. Do you never want to build a true contender? Do you never want to win a SB? Bringing in Romo for another year or two, basically means that neither Petty nor Hack will be the answer, and the Jets are just going to continue in the same tread water, unrealistic delusional pursuit of the plaoyffs.

SMH

Cman68 likes this.
  12. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Or the Jets can do what the Cowboys did, solidify the offensive line, bring in an OC who has a balanced approach and emphasizes the run as well as the pass, uses a TE and let one of their rookies play.

Stop signing all the retread, JAG, old and injury prone QB in the NFL.

Just a thought, maybe go with a tried and true formula that has worked in the NFL for a long time when you don't have 1 of the franchise QBs that only come around every 5 years.

Develope a QB!

ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  13. cbman13

cbman13 Well-Known Member

Can Lamar Jackson Come out this year? If so thoughts on if we should take him?

14. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

No thought involved. You take him. He's not eligible for the draft until 2018.

15. cbman13

cbman13 Well-Known Member

Damn...... how bout Baker Mayfield? Lol

16. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

STOP!!! MY EARS! They are bleeding. I can't take all the logic!!!

Red Menace likes this.
  17. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

This team is so far beyond what a new QB would bring, it's ridiculous! How could even a "lock" QB make a difference, given the coaching, and the "supporting" cast? I'm so disgusted, words fail.

Martin&theJETS likes this.
  18. Stagman

Stagman Active Member

I would like to either sing AJ McCarron or Mike Glennon

19. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I'm glad to see the training wheels come off Petty, either by himself or the coaching staff. He's flinging it around out there. I'm fine with the interception because he's taking shots in a blowout.

He could easily be throwing 6 yard stops and checkdowns against a soft prevent defense but he's not. Bravo.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  20. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Pass. Not the long term answer at QB for this team.