Do you trust management with a top 5 pick?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by vokab206, Nov 27, 2016.

1. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

I hope we win 1. Week 17 to ruin Buffalos playoff chances. Revenge is a dish best served with a new years hangover.

2. JCLA

JCLA Active Member

Until the BPA is D-Line

Then maybe we'll take the 2nd BPA.

3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

This is very true, maybe Jabrill Peppers, the kid from Michigan can help us trade down. Even so it's never a given in terms of value.

4. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Any one of these bums, take your pick:

1. Cleveland Browns: Myles Garrett DE/OLB, Texas A&M

2. San Francisco 49ers: Deshaun Watson QB, Clemson

3. Jacksonville Jaguars: Jonathan Allen DT, Alabama

4. Chicago Bears: Mitch Trubisky QB, North Carolina

5. New York Jets: Jabrill Peppers S, Michigan

6. Carolina Panthers: Cam Robinson OT, Alabama

7. Tennessee Titans (via LA): Jalen Tabor CB, Florida

8. New Orleans Saints: Tim Williams DE/OLB, Alabama

9. Cincinnati Bengals: Mike Williams WR, Clemson

10. Green Bay Packers: Leonard Fournette RB, LSU

5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I don't see any team beating down out door for any of these guys nor doni think we should pass on a tackle if he grades out. maybe, like 101 said, a team falls in love with peppers but are they really going to give picks for a safety, or wherever they decide to play him?
    In your scenario i take cam robinson

Red Menace likes this.
  6. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

trade down and acquire more picks. We already traded a 4th for shell. The jets have tons on needs especially on the OL. And I say no QB. We have two young ones already to look at, but our idiot coach keeps playing the worst QB in the league who will be out of football next year counting his money.

7. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I tend to agree. But New England finds a team to trade down with every other year. They haven't picked in the top 10 in a long time, but still.

I would love a trade down for a future first and a current second rounder. As bad as the Browns are I believe they have two firsts, two seconds and two+ 3rds/4th. What a fun draft that's going to be for them, including #1 overall.

James Hasty and Red Menace like this.
  8. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Who knows. That's why I used Fuller as an example, same school. He said he was staying last year then declared.

Red Menace likes this.
  9. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Paul Depodesta will screw up again, Chief strategist of what? They are in the same place they have been for a while.

10. Jonathan_Vilma

If that's his title, then in theory his strategy is working in having tons of cap space and draft picks. It's the wrong year in theory to have the first overall pick, but perhaps they get the next Von Miller in Myles Garrett and are able to build a defensive juggernaut with a don't make mistakes quarterback moving forward with Kessler.

The Browns are getting beat to shit this year, but they're still playing hard and have a couple nice pieces in a couple of good &a potential pro bowl defenders (Jamie Collins/Danny Shelton), and talented young player in Pryor Sr.

This upcoming draft will make or break them really, having 13 picks, 4 of which are in the top 50 right now. They need to not Justin Gilbert/Johnny Manziel or Trent Richardson/Brandon Weeden it again though.

Red Menace likes this.
  11. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Idzik had the same approach and blew the draft part of it, I believe if Cleveland had RG3 behind center they would be a much different team. His need to make a play on every play is what cost him the season.

When and if he ever learns to live for the next play, he will be ok for them.

I like Jackson as a HC, if they hit on some picks this year they should be able to turn it around next year.

12. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Defintrly a different market down where new england drafts.

13. Jonathan_Vilma

If they jump to five wins and stabilize the quarterback position at least a little bit to have a 20-25 ranked starter they're in good shape.

I too like Jackson as a head coach. I don't believe he got enough time in Oakland for whatever reason.

14. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Should have made a poll with a poll type question as the thread title..one of the options should be HELL NO.

15. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

That's ME! :p:cool:

Cman68 likes this.
  16. NCJetsfan

Not me. At this point I want the best draft position we can get. Beating Buffalo is not worth dropping back a place or two in the draft and potentially missing out on a player that could really help this team.

17. NCJetsfan

This mock clearly displays how important draft position is. Just one win, could radically change the players they have a shot at drafting. If the Jets don't win any more games, they could have a shot at Trubisky, and maybe even Garrett if he were to drop. Garrett could be huge in our D. While they could still get a very good player, I doubt any of them save possibly Fournette would have the impact Garrett would. While the Jets really need a LT, they'd have to thoroughly vet Cam Robinson's character to take him in the top 10, much less top 5.

Conversely, if they win another two games, they could be drafting perhaps as low as as #11 or #12. Conversely, if they lose out, and the Bears and Jags win a couple of games, the Jets could wind up in the #3 spot.

18. Mexican Buc

Mexican Buc Well-Known Member

The reality is that trust as little to do with it. Most of the time it's blind luck anyway. It's a great draft class this year, one of the best I've seen in a while. There isn't a clear top QB though, which hurts it a bit.

Also, you don't draft for need. That's how you lose. You draft BPA. Period. Always. Fill in the holes with Free Agency and UDFA. You don't pass up on possibly the next Adrian Peterson because you really need a corner.

19. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

IMO, if they could get a stud RB, it would really take a lot of pressure of whoever they have at QB and since they're not likely to get a stud QB either through FA, trade or draft, If this draft is so deep at CB and pass-rushers as they say, then looking for those in lower rounds makes more sense. There isn't one guy who will turn this team around, especially on defense, but a stud RB would make the biggest difference.

20. NCJetsfan

A stud RB definitely will help, but those can often be found in the 2nd or 3rd rounds. The NFL is a passing league now, not a running league. RB is just not a good value in the 1st round any more imo. If they take Fournette, I won't be unhappy unless they pass up Myles Garrett or Cam Robinson (if his character checks out OK), and then I'll be livid, because both are bigger, more glaring needs and would do more to help this team than Fournette. Besides, even with a stud RB, there are no guarantees that Bowles will start him over Forte.