Cutler or Romo

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Big Red 1, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Well it's tough to say. The offensive line is going to be a worry upcoming next year. I feel like teams don't blitz often against us because we don't run any plays down the field to stretch the defense due to our quarterbacks limitations. So they sit in shallow zones.

The stats I just brought up could be somewhat misleading for the fact that we don't have long developing pass plays. You're right though, with a quarterback that CAN throw the ball down field, the current offensive line could get shredded.

There's only one element to our entire offense; short passes. There's no play action to speak of and we basically just run two or three running plays up the gut. If we're going to emphasize building the offensive line we need a change in offensive strategy to maximize the offense.

I truly believe that Fitz would have played a lot better this season in a run based under center offense that is balanced, similar to the title game

Jets. The lack of balanced playcalling allows defenses to sit in these zones and wait for his lock on Brandon Marshall mistakes.

After making this post, I've sort of realized the state of the roster isn't as bad as I thought. It seems like coaching in every aspect of the game is the problem, and big time.

hwismer likes this.
  2. LarryAlRalph

LarryAlRalph Well-Known Member

I'd sooner have a needle in my eye than either of those two.

TwoHeadedMonster and NCJetsfan like this.
  3. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Yes, because the Jets are such an incredible football organization that it is where underachieving and bad football players go to reach their greatness.

It's this kind of dumbfuckery that we get shitty QB's like Fitzpatrick for not just one but two seasons. "Fitz just has never had a good team; he'd be great for the Jets. Best chance to win!"

FJF and Cman68 like this.
  4. Garrison Nauman

Garrison Nauman Active Member

Luckily I'm not in charge lol. Just an avid fan with a pipe dream that we will find a solution one day

NCJetsfan likes this.
  5. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

For the Jets: Romo > Cutler

For Romo: Retirement > Jets

6. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

7. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

Romo is definitely better than Cutler, but Cutler would be a better fit for the Jets. With that said I'd rather sign Carson Palmer to be the bridge quarterback.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  8. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

A- Anyone
    B- But
    F- Fitz

9. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Sounds like a recurring nightmare...

Anyone but Sanchez
    Anyone but Genoz
    Anyone but Fitz

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  10. Mexican Buc

Mexican Buc Well-Known Member

A Culter-Marshall reunion seems interesting, but Romo should be the first choice. Romo, when healthy, can still ball with the best of them and will make the most out of this WR group. Jets would instantly be in contention again.

11. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

The Yankees are legit rebuilding their franchise. The Jets on the other hand keep playing over the hill journeymen and vets with bad attitudes over our younger players.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  12. Jonathan_Vilma

Yes. For the first time in a decade. Have you paid attention to them as a franchise of how the 09' championship was constructed? Primarily free agents and trades. It doesn't work well in the NFL.

13. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Carlos Santana as our next QB

14. GreenGreek

GreenGreek Well-Known Member

Glennon or Foles over either of these two, because it's likely that we'll need a stopgap for more than a 1 or 2 years.

15. Jonathan_Vilma

[​IMG]

That would be a bold move, but he might still have some fight left in him.

#35 Jonathan_Vilma, Nov 30, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
  16. WhySoSerious488

WhySoSerious488 Well-Known Member

Agreed. People forget that when Romo was healthy, he was a star and in the discussion with the best QBs in the NFL. You only have to go back two seasons. I know his health is a concern but what does he team have to lose? People say they are fine to go into next season with Petty or Hackenberg as QB, but are they really prepared to go 5-11 again with a player that is showing the coaches very little in practice thus far? Romo could get us to the playoffs, and anything can happen once there. I say roll the dice on his health.

17. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Neither please, Mr R can not stay on the field so hell no. as for Mr C he is talented but a head case, no thanks.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  18. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I say fuck Tony Romo. I don't care how good he was or can be. IMO this team isn't going to be competing for anything next season, especially if Bowles is back as HC. Bringing in Romo would just be wasting cap space and continuing to have Hack and Petty languishing on the bench. It would serve no purpose except for short-sighted Jets fans who only care about one season at a time.

You don't know that Petty is showing little in practice. Petty also made huge strides from OTAs to TC and preseason. There's no reason to think he won't or can't again next year. No more old, over-the-hill QBs. The Jets should sink or swim with Petty and Hack next season even if it means going 3-13 gain.

I wish posters would stop with that nonsense about "anything can happen once a team is in the playoffs." That's NOT gonna happen with the Jets, and all it does is to keep the Jets in failure/mediocre mode and from making the moves they need to make to build a legitimate contender.

19. NCJetsfan

Neither. The Jets should roll with Petty and Hack next year. No more head cases and no more over the hill QBs.

20. NCJetsfan

In one way, I hope Fitz is back. That will be the final nail in the coffin of my Jets' fanhood. I'd have no problems turning my back and walking away. For the decent fans' sake, however, and even for mine, because I don't really want to walk away, I hope they play tell Fitz to go screw himself at the end of this season.