Do you trust management with a top 5 pick?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by vokab206, Nov 27, 2016.

1. vokab206

vokab206 Well-Known Member

Do you trust management with a top 5 pick? Am I the only one who is worried that they will draft a Defensive Tackle or CB in the first round? I personally think, QB, OT and even RB (elite RB) are the areas of need and I'm worried they will piss the pick away on a defensive player yet again.

greaser and dogg like this.
  2. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

No, I don't.

But, half of the fun with this franchise is seeing just how they'll blow a good draft pick.

kevda5n9ne, ajax and Cman68 like this.
  3. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

No. Hence why I don't understand all these people on Twitter wanting to tank.

kevda5n9ne and TwoHeadedMonster like this.
  4. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

There's no QB's worth it.
    Fournette will probably be the only decent RB but Top 5? Meh.
    No elite o-lineman in this draft.

Red Menace and TwoHeadedMonster like this.
  5. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

I trust Mac pulling the trigger on a top 5 pick.

nyjetsmets89, Poeman and Red Menace like this.
  6. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

7. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I do, even though it's a while before the draft, if there is an oline man worth taking I believe MAC will do it. He tried to move up for Tunsil last year but the asking price was too much.

From what many of the experts are saying about next years draft, CB and OLB are the strengths of the draft.

While QB, oline, and offense in general are weak.

After taking Hack last year, I don't believe the jets are looking at QB.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  8. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

We just gonna ignore the fact that Mac's first ever pick, 6th overall, was by far the best player on the field today? Why wouldn't I trust him with a top 5 pick?

Dom, SonofDinger, tiger8mush and 5 others like this.
  9. Jets1035

Jets1035 Active Member

My head and TV might explode if we pick another CB or LB in the first round.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  10. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

We have several players contributing to this team from he past two drafts by Mac. He is good at finding talent so far, this roster was duct taped together last year against an easy schedule.

Those cracks are really showing this year because of it. Things need blown up, old vets need dumped, and we need another solid draft to get us heading back in the right direction.

We are several years away until we are a true contender again and that is if everything goes right.

That's hard to do.

I do trust Mac with the draft, I think he is a good GM for us and I hope it shows in the years to come.

b.reyes16, barkus, NYJetsO12 and 3 others like this.
  11. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

We really, REALLY need a stud CB.

Jets69, b.reyes16 and Red Menace like this.
  12. Red Menace

The jets need a CB if they let Revis go next year. Which I think it's the direction they will go in.

Burris is unproven and Roberts is not the answer.

A true top 5 CB usually turns out pretty good and maybe they have a shot a Kalil Mack type of LB.

I believe that there will be an olineman that will stand out from the rest by next years draft and the jets would grab him.

NCJetsfan and Martin&theJETS like this.
  13. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Of course I trust management.....The Jets front office has the reputation of being one of the most strong and organized places in NFL history.They make well thought out decisions and do alot of homework on every player they draft.There track record with 2nd round picks is one of the best in the league.........

kevda5n9ne likes this.
  14. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Also, I'm more than ok with drafting defense with a top five pick as well. Several guys would be worth it.

Especially at CB. Garret would be an epic steal for us if he some how fell to us.

There are a couple of really decent LT prospects in this draft too.

QB wise I don't think it's a great year for one but there are a couple guys I think have legit talent for the position in the NFL in Trubisky and Kizer.

Anyway, the off-season can't get here soon enough.

15. Sandman

Sandman Well-Known Member

We are in desperate need for a CB to replace Revis. If the next draft is loaded with them, then we take one. No QB worth it or o-lineman. But we do have a desperate need at CB.

16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

ITS A NO from me

17. Red Menace

It's not the islanders thread...;)

18. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

Jabril Peppers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I understand where you're coming from, and I don't want a CB in the 1st round, either, but we have to face facts. It's a weak draft for OTs. There may be only one OT that goes in the 1st round (Cam Robinson) and he supposedly has character issues. It's not a great draft for QBs, either. Conversely, it's supposed to be a strong draft for DBs with a number of them possibly going in the first round, and we have definite need at CB. We also need a real pass-rushing OLB. I would have no problems whatsoever if the Jets took a pass rusher in the first round.

Would you rather they reach for an OT rather than take a CB or OLB that looks to be a stud and a top prospect?

I definitely think they need to take a RB, and would love a stud, but with as many needs as we have, I can't see using the 1st round pick on a RB, when one can get a very good RB in rounds 2-4, unless there is no QB, OT, or OLB they like at their spot.

They don't need another WR. They need a TE but it would have to be a real stud prospect to be taken in the first , and at that would need to be lower in the round than top 5, and preferably in the 2nd round or lower.

20. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Why? I'm sorry, but that's just dumb. Am I tired of all the defensive 1st round picks over the last decade? Heck yes. Do I want the Jets to focus on the offense? You darned straight. The reality? It's not a good draft for offense. The QB and OL classes are supposed to be not very good. We don't need a WR. Top 5 is too high to take a TE. That only leaves RB, and we could get a very good RB in the 2nd round or lower. It's doesn't make a lot of sense to take a RB in the 1st round any more, and that's even more true since we have Forte. I remember earlier this season there was talk about Forte possibly being guaranteed to be the starter or getting a certain number of touches. If true, then it would make even less sense for the Jets to draft a RB.

Also, would you rather Mac reach for an offensive player rather than taking an OLB or CB who are highly rated and would also fill big needs?