Tony Romo

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by westiedog1, Nov 15, 2016.

1. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

He just gave one of the most heartfelt classy concession speeches I've ever heard a sports figure give. Basically said Dak Prescott has earned the right to be the Dallas Cowboys QB, and that he, while still wanting to compete, did not want to continue to be a distraction to the team. Now the question becomes where will Tony end up?

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

if tony romo ends up here this will look alot like the mangini era minus the drafting of 2 great o-lineman

Jake and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  3. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I don't think he becomes a jet, better options for him if he walks next year.

4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It looks like he's the perfect fit for Denver. Two good receivers, a relatively strong offensive line and a great defense. He'd be a fool to come here and we'd be a fool to toss a good veteran quarterback into this mess with a likely lame-duck head coach.

Only other two landing spots aside from us & Denver could possibly be Kansas City (sick of being handcuffed in the down-field passing game?) or Houston. Houston seems unlikely as they'd be admitting a mistake with Brock, but crazier things have happened.

Denver seems perfect for him if he can stay upright.

greaser and Red Menace like this.
  5. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

let's see, he has a 20M+ cap figure this year and we can't afford 20 cents thatks to our wonderous gm..he won't be coming here.

6. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I agree, Denver is perfect for him, they love to run the ball and use play action in Kubiaks offensive scheme.

Texans aren't too bad at 6-3 right now, I agree they overpaid for Brock but they might get away with it for at least this year.

7. greaser

greaser Well-Known Member

It still makes me sick to see teams just stumble onto franchise QBs.
    Whats worse, these teams are usually coming off a long pedigree of QBs.
    Farve to Rodgers
    Bledsoe to Brady
    Manning to Luck
    Romo to Dak
    The Eagles have for the most part had a QB and now Wentz looks like the real deal.

I think it may say more about the organization's ability to develop a player than it does the ability to just get lucky and find the right guy.

8. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Someone made out of glass, like Romo, shouldn't be playing behind our O-line.

LarryAlRalph likes this.
  9. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Please don't come here Romo

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

10. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Romo to the Jets, just sounds like inevitability considering all the older guys we have in the team.

Mr. Glass

abyzmul, JetsVilma28 and westiedog1 like this.
  11. Jonathan_Vilma

It seems inevitable, but if they cut Romo (which makes the most sense from a cap stand point for them as per an article I read on ESPN I believe it was), there's no reason why he'd want to come here. I just hope this doesn't delay is pursuing other free agents or cleaning house of the older vets.

Something tells me if they target Romo, they're going to keep every aging veteran (Harris, Revis, etc.) to make another run in 2017. It'll set the franchise back another three years if that's the case. Sigh.

westiedog1 likes this.
  12. westiedog1

He might want to come here if the FO convinces him that they want to make a serious run at the title. As I posted on another thread, if the Jets had a solid performer at QB like Romo, assuming he stays healthy, they could fill a few holes with FA's and make a serious run. Honestly don't think he could get the Jets to the SB, but stranger things have happened. And yes, it would set the franchise back, but there is no guarantee this franchise is ever going to get it right anyway. So the question is: would you trade the neverending Jets quest for a true franchise QB for the possibility of a few winning seasons and chance at the SB (a la Peyton Manning)?

#12 westiedog1, Nov 17, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
  13. Jonathan_Vilma

I'm really torn on it. It'd be exciting as hell to see Romo here with a healthy Decker, motivated Brandon Marshall/Matt Forte and the defense playing to its full ability. The health is obviously the largest concern. But say we get Romo and go 8-8 and 9-7 with one first round lost. It'd be an absolute disaster for the franchise.

Jets_Grinch likes this.
  14. westiedog1

Me too!

15. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

36 year old who has only been able to play in a total of 4 games the last 2 seasons with 5 TD and 7 INTs. Why is this even a discussion? I'd rather draft another QB and have the draft pick, Petty and Hack battle it out. If none gets the job done then draft another QB next year.

16. JustAnotherJetFan03

Well it Cnt get any worse, so f it! Go for it ! :(

17. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

The team shouldn't waste their money and time on a broken old player when they need to fix the o-line and have young prospects in the building to develop.

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk

LarryAlRalph likes this.
  18. LarryAlRalph

LarryAlRalph Well-Known Member

^^This. He's 36 and injury prone. And anyone who liked the butt-fumble should check out Romo's litany of similar gaffes, most of which came at the worst possible moment in big games. Anyone who thinks he should come to the NYJ is thinking with a body part that's not called a brain. There is no quick fix for what ails this team. And if there was, it would happen on the other side of the ball.

joe likes this.
  19. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Arrivederci, Romo. Stick a fork in him, he's done.

20. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

It's the Jets. It can always get worse.