Gailey Must Go.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Altoona, Nov 16, 2016.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Good post, but the problem as I see it, is who is going to ask Mac those questions? Woody doesn't have enough knowledge or sense. Also, what player or players did Mac trade for that don't fit the Jets' scheme?

I want to move away from the spread offense. It hurts the rushing attack and eliminates play action passes. I want us to find/develop a couple of quality TEs, get a RB with some serious speed and/or power, and develop a more aggressive downfield passing attack that is balanced with an excellent rushing attack to keep opponents off balance.

Red Menace likes this.
  2. NCJetsfan

From a negative perspective, that is probably even more true if the present CS is back. From a positive perspective, having a top 5 draft pick in both 2017 and 2018 may be just what the doctor ordered for the Jets to fix their roster issues. Of course that is dependent upon great drafting and Mac ignoring what Bowles or his HC wants, and getting the players/talent that he knows the team needs.

Drafting in the top 5 for each of the next two years, should insure that the Jets fix their QB position, both OT positions, and maybe even their pass-rushing OLB position as well as fixing depth and addressing other needs.

3. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I was referring to Clady who came from a zone blocking offensive scheme to a straight up man for man blocking scheme. I know he wasn't Giacomini bad but the oline struggled even with a proven left tackle and now he is injured.

I'm sure I can be criticized for nitpicking what was considered a need move but Ijalana has been fine as a starter, he just needs more reps and game experience.

#23 Red Menace, Nov 16, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
  4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I don't believe the case for keeping Kacy Rodgers can be made by anyone except Todd. They've been together a long time and well, its gonna factor into the decision making.

Red Menace likes this.
  5. NCJetsfan

Thanks for the clarification. I may be mistaken, but I believe that initially the Jets were slated to utilize a man blocking scheme this season, but after Clady arrived, I'm pretty sure I remember reading that the Jets decided to switch to a Zone blocking scheme because I remember Clady commenting that he was glad that they made the switch because he was more familiar with, and comfortable in that scheme

Red Menace likes this.
  6. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Is it ALWAYS the OC's fault?

O-line is a mess
    2nd most experienced WR is done for year
    Starting QB sucks
    The backup tore his ACL (and played like a knucklehead anyway)
    His Backup QB is a 4th rd pick from a one-read spread offense making his first start....
    His backup is a rookie and another "project" yet to play either

FJF likes this.
  7. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I can vouch for the above it sure appears to be ugly

8. JCLA

JCLA Active Member

The play calling was bad before Decker got hurt.

9. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

When has play calling not been bad? Is there an NFL team whose fan base doesnt complain about the playcalling?

10. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

like @jcass10 said, receivers consistently running free in the secondary

fitz couldnt hit them because hes a one read qb with no arm ... petty didnt hit them because it seemed like bowles put the cuffs on him

gailey has done a good job as OC. the players (primarily QBs) have just sucked at executing

11. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

You're forgetting how many times on 3rd and 1 in plus territory moron Gailey threw the ball or how many times he'd run on 1st down for no gain, run on second down to the right side for no gain then have 3rd and long.

The only creative play I've seen from this offense all year was the hook and lateral TD.

Gailey has two pass catching RB's that really aren't between the tackle runners yet he continually runs between the tackles for no gain. These 2 combined have 419 pass reception yards in 10 games. 41 yards per game for a supposed strength of the team to exploit is a joke.

When was the last time Gailey showed balance on 1st down? Every team knows what Gailey runs and his pattern. If Gailey were a starting pitcher he'd be an ex-starting pitcher. He has no clue how to scheme and keep defenses guessing. When Fitz is in shotgun on 1st down with Powell or Forte in the backfield you know the safeties are rolling up and the D line are looking to feast on RB.

This team has 186 1st downs to date. Of the 186 only 55 are via the rush. 23 are by penalty.

12. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Good post--Petty and Hack will never thrive under the "protect the ball" dump off plan

Cman68 and NCJetsfan like this.
  13. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

What the Jets need to do is improve the quality of the offensive line. There's a reason the play calling is so conservative.

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk

Red Menace likes this.
  14. Altoona

Altoona Well-Known Member

Had to be done. Had a state of the art hip resurfacing job which, unlike a traditional hip replacement, will allow me to engage in any sports activity without any restrictions.

[​IMG]

#34 Altoona, Nov 18, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
    tomdeb and NCJetsfan like this.
  15. Altoona

Altoona Well-Known Member

Thanks! Much appreciated...

tomdeb likes this.
  16. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i vote we bring in tony sparano!!!

17. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Fixed :)

18. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

even dead he would be better than both of them.

19. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Just for shits and giggles...what is Bowles system? I been a jet fan 49 year Bro and frankly I have no clue what the identity of this team is unless of course you think being comatose is viable.

20. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

Gailey has seen how this movie ends before. He'll sink with Fitz again.

Red Menace likes this.