Bryce Petty

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dierking, Nov 13, 2016.

1. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

That matches what I thought too. Robby definitely eased up, but it was still a bit high. Both can learn from that. Look on the bright side though - Petty overthrew the fastest guy on the team. Fitz would have underthrown it.

Cman68, Peebag, Burnz and 2 others like this.
  2. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Geno was always the best option since last year but im sleep.

3. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Yes because we are a great drafting franchise and will def knock our high pick out of the park.We could draft 7 second rounders every year and maybe find 1 guy whos good depth.This team doesnt draft superstar level talent and never will.

4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Well, then why bother even watching?

5. LWC611

LWC611 Member

May have been completed if underthrown...lol Just kidding...really

6. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Thats a great question

7. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

8. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

It would be really nice to continue on with Petty and see his development through. Will he continue to improve or regress as the season goes on? It is in the best interest to give Petty the rest of the season, see what you got. Off-season go and repair Hack's mechanics and go into a 2 QB battle next season. Don't fire any OCs or QB coaches. Continue with the plan you got established.

Peebag likes this.
  9. Altoona

Altoona Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more....

NCJetsfan likes this.
  10. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

I have no problem with the conservative play calling, IF Petty is given the chance to finish the season. The Rams have a very good defense, and keeping the patterns short and focusing on the run likely protected Petty. The worst thing that could happen is he gets injured and its back to Fitz by default.

Poeman and FJF like this.
  11. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I seen him go full speed from the go. I cna't go back and watch. i deleted taht terrible game from my DVR but if you can find the clip I'd watch it again

12. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I agree. If Gailey was ultraconservative because he feared for Petty's health, that is one thing. It is quite another if he was that conservative because he was afraid to let Petty throw the ball and/or was playing not to lose, then that's another thing altogether.

God forbid, if Petty does get injured again, I think the team would be better served by either signing a vet off his couch, playing Powell at QB, or starting Hack. I never want to see Fitz on the playing field for the Jets again.

13. RonPi

RonPi Well-Known Member

Anybody notice that LA is changing QB's even though they WON the last game? And they've never seen Goff play in a real
    game?

Ron

14. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Hahaha, I'm going back to Derek Carr's first career start against us to see if it was as similar to Petty's debut as I remember and he tripped over his own feet on his first career snap (a drop back from under center). He's come a long way.

15. NCJetsfan

16. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Probably has something to do with the fact that they couldn't pass well against our awful secondary.

17. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

As hard as I've been on Gailey and the awful playcalling at times, I'm starting to think it's been way more of a product of the shit Fitzpatrick has produced on the field. A lot of posters and analysts have referenced wide open Jets receivers running all over the field. If it wasn't so horrendous to watch, I'd go back and watch the All-22 camera angles to see if this were true. I'm starting to think it is, and that Gailey designs some nice passing concepts.

If we're going to move forward with these two, I agree. We need to keep coaching continuity for the sake of their development. If we see absolutely nothing in terms of progress from Petty and Hackenberg doesn't see the field, I'd tend to be okay with moving on to a drafted quarterback in a new system.

I'm starting to warm up to the idea of Kyle Shanahan getting a look as a head coach (despite being vehemently against another rookie head coach). His offenses have ranked in the top 10 in yards in 6 out of his 9 years as a coordinator.

Knowing the Jets and how we operate though we'll probably go out there and hire George Edwards or Dean Pees or someone like that. DEFENSE FOREVER (in the offensive, pass heavy modern day NFL!).

101GangGreen101 and b.reyes16 like this.
  18. NCJetsfan

To remove any doubts about who is to blame for Fitz continuing to start and the Jets waiting so long to start Petty:

http://nypost.com/2016/11/16/bryce-petty-hesitation-reveals-power-problem-jets-owner-created/

Here's the really pertinent part of the article that's the crux of the Jets' problems. It clearly demonstrates who is to blame and why things are so fucked for all of us.

Fucking Woody. We're screwed as long as that clueless motherfucker owns the team.

19. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

I swear he could screw up a cup of coffee. Now the weight of the entire season on rests on either Macc or Bowles are Woody's favorite son.

20. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Receivers been getting open all season. The Bills Game, the Jets and Fitz took full advantage. It's definitely on the all 22. We missed out on a lot of big plays. Over targeting Marshall was part of the reason.

Gailey's offense creates mismatches, last year it was the best offense I've seen as a Jets fan and I don't think we as fans should forget that. There's something there, but we need a QB that can find the open man and to be that isn't Fitz at all. It's all predetermined pre snap where he wants to go with The ball. I remember the preseason game, Hack went through all of his reads on multiple occasions. If I'm the Jets, I'm seeing this through with Petty Hack Gailey and Patullo. If the 2 QBs suck, Woody and Mac make the change.

Don't make these guys learn another system. If the Jets were executing the plays, no one would be bitching about the OC.

All Gas No Shake, PulseJet and FJF like this.