Kirk Cousins - Jets QB?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by HackettSuxTNG, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

lol after saying he's a young pennington you go on to explain how he's the opposite of pennington! Get a grip!

2. Footballgod214

I get the need for a good QB, but other aspects are just as important. Good o-line. Great defense. Good running game. Good WRs (at least 3).

Look, we would have sold our souls to the devil to get Arron Rogers in here, and now he 'sucks', and he's missing the POs (according to him).
    Look, we would have sold our souls to the devil to get Cam Newton in here, and now he sucks.
    Look, we would have sold our souls to the devil to get Big Ben in here, and now he sucks.

Give me a great team and a $10-$15M/yr avg QB any day.

It's nice seeing more than one jersey in the stands.

3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The fuck are you talking about? Those quarterbacks have five Super Bowl appearances between in ten years.

Explain how they suck? Their combined record is 249-138-1. A hundred games over .500.

Martin&theJETS, westiedog1 and 74 like this.
  4. Footballgod214

Think if we sold the farm for Rogers. Now he can win for losing and his team won't even make the playoffs. Imagine if that happened here.
    What if we sold the farm for Newton? Fitz has won more game this year than Fig Newton. Imagine if we had sold the farm for a 3-6 record.
    Big Ben is oft injured and just lost to the Fish. Imagine if we're paying a QB $25M/yr and he loses to the fish.

My only message is selling out for what appears to be a 'franchise QB' is FAR from a sure thing. And then all your money is gone. Have fun with that.

5. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

6. Jonathan_Vilma

It's never been done. Literally, never. So you can't say it would/wouldn't work. That's a dumb hypothetical. When has a team ever traded the farm for a franchise quarterback? If you wouldn't do so for any of the three you're ignorant.

7. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Yes, you're right. Both Petty and Hack should get a shot. I keep saying that you can't judge any QB when they haven't been out there running an offense. So let's give these guys a shot and see what they have in the arsenal. And if they do pan out, I agree about taking a top running back to compliment them. If not, trade up and get Watson.

8. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

watson is a 2nd rounder. we could take him and fournette but I'd love to invest some high picks at o-line too. there are about 5 good prospects on the o-line with a 2nd round grade. upgrading the o-line and grabbing fournette who looks to be Adrian Peterson-ish would go a long way in helping hack

9. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

The Jets #1 and #2 next year should be a combination of Bryce Petty and Christian Hackenberg.

So no.

Get us a late round, low risk, high reward upside QB in the draft to fill the #3 spot.

LarryAlRalph likes this.
  10. Jonathan_Vilma

[​IMG]

11. LarryAlRalph

LarryAlRalph Well-Known Member

Ouch!!