Are You Really Ready to Blow This Thing Up?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jetaho, Nov 8, 2016.

1. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

2. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Yes, blow it up and we are already watching terrible football with nothing on the horizon to give anyone any hope. More mid-round picks wasted on positions that don't need to be filled...again, blow it up.

3. AarontheJet

AarontheJet Active Member

I could handle a re-build. I would just like it handled by a better regime than Bowles and Macc. Hack pick is a huge red-flag for me when it comes to Macc.

4. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

Todd Bowles went 10-6 his first season and even split with the Patriots. Up to this point he's 13-12 after 25 games as head coach of the Jets. The season hasn't gone how we wanted it to but to call for his job right now would not be giving Bowles a fair shake. Let's see how he and his team responds during these tough times. Let's be patient and see how the season plays out.

5. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Nuke Bowles

NYJFOREVER likes this.
  6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I'm not saying fire him right now. If between now and the end of the season he can turn things around and show that he has learned and grown, fine; otherwise...

playtowinthegame likes this.
  7. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

I am all for not keeping Bowles but only if he gives us reasons to. If his team starts being more resilient, if he starts making adjustments and comes up with better game plans in the second half of the season.... no problem. There has to be a learning curve you can look at and say, "well we started out atrocious but there is some sliver of hope." If we just keep beating ourselves, Fitz throws 2-3 INTs per game and a couple of mistakes break our back..... we are just back to square one. The only reason not to blow it up would be that it would scare off prospective head coaching candidates.

8. GreenGreek

GreenGreek Well-Known Member

Hack is a rookie that hasn't seen the field yet. It's a bit too early to label him as a red flag with respect to Mac's ability as a GM.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  9. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

I would keep Bowles if he somehow gets this team to fight for the remainder of the season, and he starts to make better in game adjustments, starts to make proper challenges, and also starts to get better at clock management decisions. Right now, the team is imploding, there's obviously some locker room drama, and his #1 flaw is that for some reason he thinks Fitz is somehow going to win us games.

It will be interesting to see how the team responds to the negative circumstances and environment around them, if they fight then it shows they are well coached, if they don't (like I anticipate they won't) then there can be a real argument to be made that Bowles should be let go.

10. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

That is not going to happen... as you pointed out earlier he has regressed and doesn't possess the requisite skill set to have his team play better. IMHO he has lost part of this team, see Mo, Rich, see decker speaking out, see Marshall speaking out. Irrespective of sitting Mo and Rich he should have never let it get that far... BTW, where is the accountability for all the blow assignments on the OL, DL and Secondary? I'll tell you none...

grkmanga31 likes this.
  11. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

see my above post... not going to happen and it will start this sunday.

12. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It's not so much the results, as to how we've gotten there and what we've seen from the head coach. Do you keep around a coach for continuity, even if he shows glaring weaknesses with no sign of change?

The keep starting Fitz thing is a gigantic red flag. The way the locker room is acting is a huge red flag. This team is an absolute fucking mess right now. It's one thing to be outplayed. It's another to be outplayed like players have shown through their actions that they don't give a shit about being accountable to their head coach. It's a huge difference than simply being beat by other teams.

The Browns are 0-10 and they play way harder than this group of misfits. Especially when considering it's coming from your two highest payed players on the field (Revis and Wilk).

13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I agree with everything you said. Zebras can't change their stripes. I merely said what I did in the one in a million chance Bowles is able to somehow miraculously turn things around.

14. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

I wouldn't want to blow it up the team entirely, but it does need a major overhaul. We have a good DL and a few other pieces, that's really about it. Quite frankly, in this draft I think Mac's focus should be on trading down and accumulating more picks. There are way too many holes to fill right now and the needs cannot possibly be covered in a single draft so utilizing free agency will also be needed.

I would start by trading Sheldon and netting another 1st rounder for him. Having two 1st rounders will give Mac the ammo to trade up and grab a top QB if one presents himself. Otherwise, the team gets two very good players. I would pick an OL and a CB in the 1st round........

15. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

The only thing I want to blow up is Tom Brady's football when they face the Jets. Rugby Sunday Tawwmy!

16. Mainejet

You know, the one thing that I think gets consistently overblown and mentioned ad nauseum is Todd Bowles went 10-6 last season??? Who the fuck cares??? There are tons of very BAD coaches that have gone 10-6 in the past. Rich Kotite for shit sake even went 11-5 one year coaching the Eagles. So the idea that going 10-6 is suddenly such a great thing and a feat to be revered is a real crock of shit. This team benefitted in a big way from a cupcake schedule and Mac coddling Bowles and giving him whatever he wanted. However, the very second the competition went up, Coach Bowles went into the fetal position. He is simply NOT a good HC.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  17. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Personally I think it's too soon. I think in the long run its better for the development of Petty and Hackenberg to keep everything consistent. Especially Hackenberg, when you consider his issue is the need for deprogramming and being built back up, do we really want to keep changing offensive systems and coordinators on him?

Fitzpatrick has been fitztragically awful. We also knew he was a bandaid this year. Let's move beyond the Fitz era and see what happens with the young guys. It's too soon.

18. Mainejet

I respect what you think, but I just cannot agree with this. It is way too early in Bowles tenure for this team to be playing undisciplined, penalty and turnover prone, and just pure laziness. Sheldon and Mo got benched as punishment for being late and missing meetings? If Todd Bowles really had control of this team that would not be happening.

There's simply no sense in watching this bad trend continue through the 2017 season. The players went through very bad stretches even last season with Bowles and I questioned his abilities then. When it is happening this season, then you know he simply isn't learning. I thought Woody fired big bad Rex Ryan and of his problems not being an authoritarian? I thought we hired Todd Bowles to get control of this team? To be the total opposite end of the spectrum from Rex Ryan?

The fact is, Todd Bowles lacks the ability to get control of this team and in regards to coaching ability he is inferior to Rex Ryan..............

19. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

Blow what up? a bad team with a bad coach lack of depth and where most of our best players are on the wrong side of 30?

this was already a mess... a smoke and mirrors 10-6 season combined with some win now moves by mack on a rebuilding team may ahve distorted that, but idzik was 2 years into a 4 or 5 year rebuild when mac came in and woody switched gears talking win now.

Team needs a President and woody to get out of the way. someone with the stones to build this thing right and be ok sucking for 3 years. not beind mediocure for 2-3, suck for 2, rinse and repeat.

we have almost nothing of note that isnt worth blowing up. Leonard williams is about it. and he is young enough to be part of a long rebuild.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  20. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

he was worse last year.... this year he just lost the team cause the wins werent there