Refs Cost Us The Game

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Nov 7, 2016.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

2. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

This is the one thing I blame on Bowles - I can handle the Jets being mediocre but not stupid. I personally think Todd Terrific has lost his team.

abyzmul likes this.
  3. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

It's such a ridiculously high number you would think that it has to be a mistake.
    But it's not.

And I'm not even counting the other assorted fumbles, muffs, and 12 yard punts that set the other team up for easy scores against us.

4. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

Rich and wilk deciding to skip meetings sounds about in line with that theory.
    Losing makes it hard for a team to go all out. bowles doesn't have the motivation skills of guys like ryan or the fear of guys like bellichick

TNJet likes this.
  5. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Ya the refs are out to get a fuckin 3-5 team, this is the most ridiculous thread, this team kills them self week in and week out, the refs don't need to help this dynasty, please stop

6. hastygreen

hastygreen Well-Known Member

That pop-up Fitz tossed to the invisible man lost us the game.

7. Boomboom

Boomboom Active Member

Nah the Jets lost the game for themselves. all they had to do was stop the kick return. there was a bunch of shitty calls on each team. if they just stop the return I'd put all my money on the Jets stopping them.

No way was that fuck boy tannehill gunna drive down the field and win the game even against our D

TNJet and Royal Tee like this.
  8. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

While we're bitching about the refs, how about that encroachment penalty on Richardson in the 4th Q? Replay showed Fins clearly guilty of false start.

Royal Tee likes this.
  9. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

If we did not stink we would not have to complain about the refs affecting a game against a bad team.

10. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

When Westy came here from Miami, he had such high esteem his demand that he could have ANY player on the team play on his STs was granted. He mainly used 2nd and 3rd teamers, but I remember reading he always had a few starters in key spots as well, and they loved playing for him. Belicheck does the same thing. I don't know how much respect the Jets give to STs. I know Bobby April (the ST coach we fired) has already been fired from his next job. I agree with SolidGold, I miss Westy.

11. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Probably the worst int I've seen in 51 years of watching Jet football....and I've watched Al Woodall, Bill Demory, Bob Davis, JJ Jones, Bubby Brister, Neil O'Donnell, Tony Eason, Mark Sanchez,...etc...nice job Shitz

12. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

The refs burned the Jets on the Antonio Allen call.

But it shouldn't overlook the fact that regardless, the Jets gave that game away. They let up a kick return for a TD to beat them and they had trouble converting in the red zone all day again.

13. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

This red zone offense is just putrid. 38% (TDs) tied with Houston for last in the league but we have by far more INTs. By comparison last year the Jets were 3rd in the league with 66%.

Red zone 2015: 66% TD rate, Fitzpatrick 23 TDs, 1 INT.
    Red zone 2016: 38% TD rate, Fitzpatrick 7 TDs , 5 INT

Fitzpatrick 5 Red Zone interceptions this season. Pennington played here 8 years. Did he have 5 red zone interceptions in total over that time? I dont know

14. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

I think you're right. I don't think Pennington did. It has to be a priority to protect the ball in the red zone, the turnovers down there are arguably the biggest indictment on Fitz.

I think the Decker loss is being felt really badly in this area. It's the only conclusion I can come up with besides the fact that Fitz just isn't that good. He more so than other QB's, needs really good talent around him and Decker was lethal in the slot last year. Enunwa doesn't seem to get a lot of looks down in that area.