Bowles... The Sphinx (ALL Bowles Discussion Thread)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Oct 29, 2016.

1. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Reporters are savage on Twitter...Apparently Bowles in his press conference committed to Fitzpatrick. They are already getting the pitchfork ready and calling him to get fired at end of the year. He has no idea how this town works

2. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

he isn't in Arizona anymore

Cman68 and Jets69 like this.
  3. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

He sent a message by benching them for 1 quarter weeks later? If that's the message he is sending it's no wonder this team is such a train wreck.

Jets69 likes this.
  4. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I don't like Bowles very much, but it's probably hard to win when your three best players don't give a flying fuck about their job. Just sayin'

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  5. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I don't usually like to pull the plug on a staff after 2 seasons, one of which we won 10 games, but Bowles and the rest of the staff are just brutal to watch.
    It's bad enough when players get beat but when they look uninspired and unprepared then that is a direct result of coaching .

Mo got paid and is sitting back counting his $ and Sheldon knows his time here is probably done after the season. They obviously have no respect for Bowles or they wouldn't be acting this way.
    Once a coach loses the locker room he's done.

This season isn't the only thing that's lost, this whole team is lost and that may just mean Bowles gets told to get lost once the season is over.

NCJetsfan and SOJAZ like this.
  6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I think if Bowles handled the QB situation better and put in Petty earlier, this would've really helped the chemistry of the team. Now it's in shambles and I think Richardson will get traded this off-season. He'll have a great career, hopefully we send him to an NFC team.

7. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Don't know if it's posted but I like what Rontez Miles said who played for him..he said Bowles has no personality, he's not even human. All the fools here can say what they want about Ryan but the players loved playing for him and I doubt anybody wants to play for this asshole.

8. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Rontez Miles still plays for him, when did he say this?

rohirrim665 likes this.
  9. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

He probably gave them the benefit of the doubt until the problem got out of control. Most coaches will give their vets, especially star players a break.

10. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Bowles continues to make decisions that go against his credibility as a head coach. The outlook does not look bright for Bowles and if we go 5-11 or 6-10, people can make a legitimate and plausible argument as to why the Jets should fire Bowles outright and look in a different direction. Of course continuity is good, but bad continuity is also damaging.

The locker room is imploding as he continues to trot out a third string QB masquerading as a starter.

SOJAZ likes this.
  11. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Fixed that for you. No disciplinarian-type HC does that.

12. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Todd Bowles biggest mistake was not switching quarterbacks. Yeah it sounds redundant but seriously, Bowles didn't hold our worst performing player accountable. If Matt Forte fumbles the ball 6 times in a game then he'd be riding the pine. Why is Fitz still allowed to trot out there game after game? The players saw that Bowles clearly doesn't care about in game performance and will just keep playing players who perform poorly. Bowles need to get out of NY ASAP.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  13. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

While I agree he could have switched QBs but not all that easy with Petty shelved and Geno not being reliable though I honestly think we would have done better offensively with Geno.. Now go with Petty.

NYJFOREVER likes this.
  14. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Todd Bowles makes me miss Rex Ryan.

We'd still have the same shitty w/l record...

...but the post-game pressers would be a lot more fun to watch.

15. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

Surprised nobody is talking about Mehta's article today pretty much saying that Bowles is letting his players dictate how he runs things.

rohirrim665 likes this.
  16. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Probably because nobody wants to talk about this team at all anymore, its just depressing.

But yes, I agree this is a big deal and is confirmation that he isn't the guy. This really seals the deal, he has such little command of the team. I'm at the point where I feel bad for the guy, New York is definitely not fair but I'm not sure he is actually cut out to be a Head coach.

17. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

How the fuck do you land the job as the head coach of an NFL team...in a major market...a job that you've probably dreamed of your entire working life...and just let it ooze out of your hand,

I just can't fathom that.

Sincerely, Todd Bowles, if I may offer some advice.

Wake the fuck up,

18. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I don't think he can. I think he's just that stupid.

19. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Woody could end this non-sense immediately. All he has to do is come out and say that Bowles is coaching this team next year and if there is a 'revolt' by players against him, that next year they will be employed elsewhere. TB is coaching for his job and he knows it, thats why he is going to play Fitz and not Bryce. He couldn't give a shit about auditioning a QB for a future that may not include him.

Woody, of course, is too scared to do that because he doesn't want to paint himself into a corner if TB looses out and he's already made the commitment to him next year. Woody has completely mismanaged the chain-of-command once again by have both the HC and GM on equal footing. It cannot work. Those positions have completely different visions for the team at this point - short-term vs long-term. The HC HAS to report to the GM who in turn reports to the owner...

Cman68 likes this.
  20. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

The Org chart for this Franchise is seriously fucked up. You cannot have the GM and the HC on the same footing. Someone has to be the outfront guy. Someone other than Woody has to be the "Football Boss". If that's not Macc, it certainly cannot be Bowles. I guess since Woody was born on 3rd base, he has no clue how to assemble a management team or how to allow those people to run things. He always has to have a hand in his "investment" aka: hobby.

This is fucked up and honestly, I'm starting to look at the exit now after damn near 50 years as a fan. I see no future with this franchise other than the hamster wheel they've been running on since 1969.