Mistakes, Penalties and PPOOR Coaching

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LV Coach, Nov 6, 2016.

1. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

Let's not forget the bone head play by Powell running out of bounds before the half. He cost them valuable time that could have been run off the clock. This team doesn't know the basics of down / distance and time remaining and how to play withing those confines

2. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

If we're firing people, let's start with Chan Gailey. I wish someone could interview this imbecile and ask him why he insists on throwing out of empty sets on every 3rd and short, and why he refuses to run the ball inside the 15 yard line. Did he miss the memo about acquiring Matt Forte?

IMO our inefficiency in the Red Zone is the #1 reason why we're not 5-4 right now, and that's squarely in his lap. His playcalling this year has been an abomination.

3. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

Mac did not hire Bowles and anyone who thinks that isn't paying attention.

GreenWhiteandGold likes this.
  4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I didn't think he did, either, but another poster posted a link to an article that clearly stated that Mac spent his first day on the job interviewing Bowles and if he didn't hire Bowles himself, signed off on it.

5. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

6. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Bowles was hired 1 day after Mac. He interviewed the HC, but I don't believe for a second it was more than "can you work with this man?" interview.
    Bowles was selected by that committee Woody hired.

7. BuzzKillington

Maccagnan didn't hire Bowles.

Otherwise, pretty cool story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. NCJetsfan

I suspect as much, too and I hope you're right, because I like Mac, but I think that most believe that he shares some responsibility. The article certainly makes it seem that he was integrally involved in the situation.

9. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

He is hurt because he has a HS body trying to play an NFL position @LB.

matt robinson 17 and rohirrim665 like this.
  10. Jetmart15

Jetmart15 New Member

Our HC sits Mo and Sheldon in the 1st quarter, presumably for disciplinary reasons. While sitting, Miami score on a 20 yard run, which may have been prevented if these two had been on the field. Given, we gave up two 15 yard penalties on that drive.

Fitz calls out the organisation after the Ravens match, and he is nowhere near a good player as the other two. He gets to remain the starter and continues to play poorly, defrauding the Jets of $12m in the process.

Where's the consistency? We lost, partly because Bowles benched Sheldon and Mo for a quarter and continued to play Fitz.

Season is over, give Petty the reins and play against the Patriots. Not against the Rams as they have a terrific DL and could well overpower our OL. That should be the last time Fitz sees the field as a Jet, hopefully with a loss, cos if we win, Bowles will say we have an outside shot at the playoffs at 4-6.

CBG likes this.
  11. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

That is my take on the situation as well. Who really hires for your most important position interviewing only one person on your first day on the job? If you are really in full charge of the hiring you are going you bring many people in and then assess. If you are in total control the only time you would conceivablely meet with one person is if you've worked with that person extensively and know that he's the right guy for the job (ie. he has good experience in the job you are hiring him for).

12. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Has to be bettter than #51. That boy is lost.

TNJet and MoWilkBeast like this.
  13. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

Right, but how much time did he have to evaluate Bowles afterwards? How many other candidates did he interview? He didn't even have a chance to look at the roster yet. It's more like Woody/Casserly/Wolf decided on Bowles then let Mac have a cup of coffee with him before making it official.

Not saying that I've closed the book on Bowles, but the entire onboarding process of him and Mac seems suspect.

Cman68 and PennyRoyal10 like this.
  14. NCJetsfan

Hey, I agree with your questions and doubts. The articles stated that Mac made the hire. I can't imagine that anyone in their right mind would make such an important decision of their own free will on their first day on the job. I think Woody probably ordered him to meet with Bowles and give his feedback, but Woody's mind was already made up. Still, if Bowles is indeed fired at some point, Mac will probably take the heat in the media and be blamed by Woody for the choice.

Kris 15 likes this.
  15. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

It seems to this writer that this coach and CS have lost its players and it shows on the field. Weeks ago on another site I posted I had NO faith in this CS to turn around the season... well unfortunately they have proven me right.

16. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I just don't get how Bowles is supposed to be this strict disciplinarian, yet Richardson still acts like a child on the field. How many penalties is the guy going to have? He's a monster athlete with the mentality of a 10 year old. Then you have the Pryor celebration, that was unnecessary. No excuse for the amount of penalties. I get that the online is kind of makeshift right how so they will have false starts, but that's no excuse for the lack of discipline, especially on defense.

17. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

As stated elsewhere, I agree that TB was essentially 'hired' by Casserly/Wolfe and recommended that he's the guy for Mac. Assuming TB gets canned this year or next, then we'll get to tie whomever is hired as the coach to Mac. I think most people that have been paying attention will understand that Mac basically inherited TB based on somebody else's recommendation.

18. Pocket Jet

Pocket Jet Well-Known Member

brain dead comes to mind - I look at him on the sideline and he appears clueless.

greaser likes this.
  19. Pocket Jet

Who knows what goes on in the head of a dog?

20. Pocket Jet

I'm gonna tell you something. Do you know that there is a reasonable explanation for everything, if you just put your mind to it? Course, sometimes these things... pop up. Like with alibis. Do you know in most cases, people, they don't remember what time it is. They forget all that.