Time To Start Petty

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJalltheway, Nov 6, 2016.

1. JCLA

JCLA Active Member

I disagree. There is no way they aren't seeing what we see.

2. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

If the locker room is lost because of a Fitz benching after what we've seen so far, then I'd advise the front office to lose the locker room, at least those complicit in this.

We need team players. The situation is rank right now.

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk

jxc and zace like this.
  3. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Exactly, fitz has been bad this season amd if they're upset about that, they need to go. Theres no unity in this locker room and i think theres a lot of finger pointing. I wouldn't be surprised is petty starts after the bye.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

jxc likes this.
  4. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

At this point waiting until the bye week wouldn't be the worst thing. Petty could get some reps this week, then all the reps after that. He'd have two weeks to get ready for the Patriots.

Though if he is able, I'd rather have him start this week vs rams. There is really no reason for Fitzpatrick to continue to play this year.

Let the young guys play. We'll find out if they can play or not. If they cant, jets will go 4-12 and get a top pick.

5. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Bench the Noodlearm POS, play the kid you moron, the season is over, TB you idiot

TNJet and Burnz like this.
  6. RonPi

RonPi Well-Known Member

No, the people who believe Fitz gives us the best chance to win are wrong.
    We already know what Fitz can do, he has his entire lifetime to show us.
    He will beat bad teams and shit the bed against anyone else or in any big
    game. He did it last year, he's doing it this year, he's done it every year.
    We *already know* he's not the best chance to win. On the other hand, we
    don't know at all if Petty can do the job better, but since we *know* Fitz
    can't, the best thing to do is put Petty out there and see if he can, because
    the choice is: definitely out of the playoffs (Fitz) or maybe out of the playoffs
    (Petty).

And what do you think gives us the best chance to win against Belichick, a game we
    *have* to win? Belichick gameplanning against Fitz or gameplanning against a QB he
    has little or no tape on? We *know* what's going to happen against Fitz (and don't give
    me this "But Fitz beat them last season" crap - that was when the Pats didn't have to win
    and were missing some of their best players).

Ron

TNJet likes this.
  7. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Except Folk missed a PAT AND a Field Goal in that game. Making either, or both, would have made the game quite different.

8. Pothead

Pothead Member

Might have went a bit too hard at Petty saying he looked like a scared bitch. He didn't seem ready though and gailey obviously doesn't trust him, you absolutely must take an end zone shot at least once from the range he was operating from. I don't think Petty is the answer but willing to give him a few starts before we commite to Hack.

Fitz gets LA and New England if we lose either he is done,that gives us plenty of time to prepare Petty and Hack. Long season if we can somehow beat the Pats we are right back to where we want to be.

9. matt robinson 17

Where exactly is that, at the bottom of the cliff?

TNJet likes this.
  10. Pothead

Pothead Member

It would make up for this tragic Miami loss by putting us in a similar position standings wise.

11. matt robinson 17

Season is over and has been over for weeks

Cman68 and TNJet like this.
  12. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

Same answer. Both were in the 1st quarter and everything would have been different. Folk was certainly complicit in the loss, but unless he misses a kick late in the game that directly leads to a loss, you can't say the loss was his fault He didn't "cost us the game". You lose by 1 point after your FG kicker leaves 4 on the field in the 1st quarter and want to blame the kicker as the sole reason for the loss, that's just weak.

13. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

I beg to differ - at 3-6 we need to win out to have any chance. Every team that's also in the hunt already beat us. I would say that "definitely out of the playoffs" applies to anyone they want to stick behind center at this point.

14. Pothead

Pothead Member

Sure you can say that but the math won't if we beat LA and NE. The math will stay STILL ALIVE.

15. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Well, I agree and disagree.

Yes, they were both in the first quarter, and absolutely, the remainder of the game would have been entirely different.

However, if, instead of being up 16-10, the Jets were up 20-7* with 5 minutes to go in the first half, the D can be even more aggressive and the pressure on the offense falls way off. The rest of the game would, mostly likely, have been entirely different in the Jets favor.

*Folk's FG attempt was blocked. Cinci got a field goal on the ensuing drive. The argument stated doesn't change, regardless of the score options 20-7 or 20-10.

16. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

no. Math will say 5-6 and in last place, 4 games back with 5 games to go. aka. season over

Cman68 and matt robinson 17 like this.
  17. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Bitch.

[​IMG]

18. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Why is that crazy? It's a division rival who Petty knows better than he does the Rams. And it would give him 2 full weeks of practice as the number one starter coming out of the bye. You can't not start someone you apparently believe in because of the team he's playing.

19. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Petty should've come into the game the second Geno was injured and been starting since. He needs to be on the field immediately and I don't care if it's the Rams, Patriots or Timbucktoo Giants, he needs to get on the field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

matt robinson 17 and Cman68 like this.
  20. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

OH NOES THE BIG BAD PATRIOTS. If Petty starts against them, he is sure to regress to the point where he wouldn't be able to play effectively! True pussification of our QBs ... he should be ready by then, plenty of reps and time to prepare.

kevmvp and 74 like this.