Bowles... The Sphinx (ALL Bowles Discussion Thread)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Oct 29, 2016.

1. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Thing is though is there wasn't 5 minutes left. It was about 3:05ish when they finally punted. Im a risk taker and I would of gone for it but I cant fault him too much since the defense wasn't terrible the 2nd half. However, after seeing them on that final drive and how gassed they were, maybe it made more sense to go for it.

2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I thought there was more time, I guess I was wrong. With 3 mins, I would've gone for it, but I don't think punting was a horrible decision.

3. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Playing not to lose is kind of like not playing to win.

TNJet likes this.
  4. RPoling720

RPoling720 New Member

We need to hope for a coherent and consistent management. Stop wanting to fire the coach and GM after every year when they don't win. Don't jump the gun yet, good gthings take time. You can't keep hiring new coaches and GMS every year, thats how the Browns operate and look at them. Not every season ends in a Superbowl appearance for every team. Give things some time to breathe and operate, it's how good teams are formed. Not every single year can be a great season. You have to stick through the bad and build, and make it through the struggle with the same team and coaches and GM so that when things go well everybody is familiar with everything and that gives you an advantage when things go well. Stop trying to start a new regime after every 2 years, it's NOT how good teams operate. The coach is over .500 with our Jets. He took a bad team and won 10 games in his first year. He comes from a good coaching tree and has NFL playing experience. 25 games (13-12) isn't long enough to decide on anyone. You never know what you have unless you give it time. After another year or two we can discuss it. You become the Cleveland Browns when you consistently blow it up and start over and it gets you nowhere. You are never going to catch lightning in a bottle by hiring a new coach every year, impossible. The fire everybody and start over cries at the first sign of trouble is the absolute worst way to run a franchise. At the first sign of trouble you need to stay the course, come together, weather the storm and get through it, and learn your lessons and build and become stronger together with the familiar faces and team. Patience is how it is done.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  5. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

When a coach looks inept you replace him, simple as that. Everything else is just jibberish nonsense.

I was really rooting for Bowles to succeed but the dude is Kotiteesque.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JetBlue, TNJet and NCJetsfan like this.
  6. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Gotta cut your losses on Bowles

At least we have a GM

That's 50%

NCJetsfan and jets_fan like this.
  7. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

You are never going to have any type of long term success if you fire everyone at the first sign of trouble. Bowles did a nice job with the team last year. The season hasn't gone their way this season. He's made some decisions I don't agree with it.

But he's 13-12 thru his first 25 games as HC of the Jets. Listening to Jets fans you'd think he's 0-25.

You hire people a GM and HC because you like them. You can't just hire them for the good times and then fire them at the first sign of trouble. It's ridiculous.

I really think the only coach this fanbase would give a chance to would be a guy who came in here with a Super Bowl ring. That might buy him a season or two. Otherwise, any coach we hire better win big right away or this fanbase will call for their head.

HomeoftheJets and GreenfiendNYJ like this.
  8. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

I am for consistency too BUT ... it seems the coaching tree didn't rub off on this stooge. He is consistent, consistently bad . His decisions are poor, his team is ill prepared to play almost every game, he has no accountability for poor play, there are NO in game adjustments and worse his mantra after every game is and I quote, " we need to get better." Really, that is apparent coach but the problem is your team IS NOT getting better. If he had any balls at all he would have bench people for the dumb penalties and Fitz after his second INT but of course he is CONSISTENT with his sphinx like approach.

9. HomeoftheJets

Mac is at fault for this season too. He chose Hack over Prescott and Kessler and got horrible bang for his buck in the secondary.

10. HomeoftheJets

Your boldness and italicity has convinced me of your truth.

MoWilkBeast, rohirrim665 and slimjasi like this.
  11. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Jury is still out on Macc. This is his mess too.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  12. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

We have to leave Prescott out of the conversation.

Dak is in a totally different situation, great Oline, great RB and he is not asked to sit back in shotgun formation and throw screens all day or be the QB of a pass heavy offensive scheme.

Even if the jets selected Dak, he would be sitting on the bench and most on this board would agree with the jets preparing and marinating Dak because you cannot not rush a rookie to play.

The Cowboys situation shows that you can play a rookie as long as you have a good foundation around him.

I really don't want Gailey to be here next year, I would like to see a more balanced offense with a TE and a focus on running the ball, not draws, but actual off set I formations, with some sweeps and counters.....etc.

The jets have to fix the oline before they get one of their young QBs killed.

I think Mac is fine, his only mistakes in my opinion were Revis and Fitz, but I have a feeling that was not all on him, Woody almost got hit with tampering charges during his interview because of how bad he wanted Revis back.

xxedge72x and wewantsapp like this.
  13. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

The problem is they never do when he makes these decisions. History teaches.

14. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

How is our GM any good?
    His drafts suck and he signed Revis for crazy money.
    Both the GM and HC share the blame equally for this shit season.

JetBlue likes this.
  15. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

yeah but they might be wasting their time with this guy. What good is waiting it out if he's a bad coach. You think Jacksonville has been rewarded for being patient with Gus Bradley? I personally would not like to waste 4 years on a bad coach just in the name of consistency.

Red Menace and NCJetsfan like this.
  16. Trip McNealy

Trip McNealy Member

You can't punt down 4 with 3 minutes remaining in the game. Especially with this defense. I'd rather take my chances on converting a 4th down than hoping for a 3 and out.

17. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

This. x100. Dak didn't enter a situation where he was asked to be a hero. Great o-line, very good weapons to work with.

Letting QBs develop on the bench for a while is a good first step. Bring it all together by providing the kind of offensive line that Dallas has to work with.

Imo, this should be the Jets top priority by a mile next offseason. We're going to have a young QB start next year. Help them.

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk

Red Menace likes this.
  18. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Of course not. I'm just saying I don't know if he's a bad coach yet. I want to see if he can fix the problems on this team first. That's all. I know that's not popular though.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  19. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

that's fair. We will see how he finishes up this year. I gotta say it feels like the team is falling apart here. More than just on the field problems and that doesn't bode well for Bowles' future

Red Menace likes this.
  20. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

It does look like the team is falling apart. I didn't expect this coming. I got the feeling last year that he was well respected in the locker room. The stuff with Sheldon and Mo is concerning. I'm gonna watch that going forward. He did the right thing and sent a message. We'll see what happens.

Red Menace likes this.