Time To Start Petty

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJalltheway, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Hey, that isn't my reality, that's what I'd like to think the CS train of thought is..

2. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

You think even at 3-8 Bowles will keep Fitz starting?

3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Yep.. Bowles doesn't strike me as the type to have a long term plan at Qb. He'll ride Fitz into the offseason, then figure out the Qb thing on the fly.

4. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

For the record ... Fitz wasn't the biggest problem today he played well enough to win. This game was lost by ST, pass defense in the first half, and assinine penalties. But every week it's a different player or players who shit away the game. Sometimes it's Fitz. Sometimes it's Brandon Marshall. Sometimes it's Pryor ... or Revis ... whoever.

This team is loaded with guys who just don't know how to win. There's no reason to think that will change, so we may as well see if Petty can play at this level. Who cares if we win another game??

5. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

Fitzpatrick is the worst qb in the league. Yes, there are more issues than just him, but he's terrible. You can't justify still playing him. You can't even confidently say he gives us the best chance to win.

74, NCJetsfan and NYJetsO12 like this.
  6. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

I think it makes more sense to start him coming out of the bye. I know they'd be playing the Patriots but I think it's better to give him 2 full weeks of first team reps. If they weren't this close to the bye i'd want him playing next week.

7. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

He won't start Petty period..even now after two more crucial picks this shithead just proclaimed Fitzpatrick is "our quarterback".

Cman68 likes this.
  8. truthbtold

I thought I was clear. I said it's time to go with Petty.

9. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I want the Jets to start Petty now too, but realistically I think they'll wait until after the bye. That will give the team (if they have any brains up there) two weeks to crash course him to be fully ready to start, rather than coming off the bench with a backups week of reps.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  10. HAYN

HAYN Well-Known Member

lol gtfo u stoned bruh.

11. RonPi

RonPi Well-Known Member

He threw 2 int's that cost us points and he wasn't the biggest problem? You have pretty low standards!
    If the return hadn't happened, would you still consider him not the biggest problem? I've been saying
    we should never have used him since the spring at least, and we should be going with Petty. I think
    we have to seriously start questioning the coaching staff at this point. Everyone in the league seems
    to know exactly who Fitz is except this coaching staff and some Jets fans. How could Petty possibly
    be worse?

No one seems to be mentioning that Wilkerson and Richardson were benched the first quarter, and
    Marshall and Fitz were fighting on the sideline during the game.

Ron

94Abraham likes this.
  12. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

I hope that Mac has a mid-week talk with Bowles and they switch to Petty. That''d be funny.

13. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Fitzpatrick lost 11 or 15 points alone in the red zone, missed Brandon Marshall who got his guy beat in the end zone. Missed Enunwa in the endzone/near the end zone and his INT in the red zone.

Jets win if there was any clue about punching it in the end zone. With Fitz, it's always kick under 30 yard FGs in the red zone.

Guys like Marshall and Robbie Anderson have to jump for balls for this guy. And his down the field arm is god awful, it's not going to be Devin Smith's fault when he's the invisible man out there.

14. kevda5n9ne

kevda5n9ne Well-Known Member

Ugh the kyle Wilson-esque finger waving pryor... It know its not saying much but since we went safety in that draft i would've preferred Haha Clinton-Dix. That dude is a tackling machine.

But this year's team is lacking overall in different aspects like you said, but man this team is LACKING confidence up and down the roster

15. SouthBayJetsfan4life

SouthBayJetsfan4life Well-Known Member

Why shouldn't he take the same beating that Fitz and Geno took? What makes him so special?

16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

THERE IS NO REASON to continue with Fitz. Its time to see what we have at every position never mind qb,,,,,,but the coach is in over his head and is clueless, just watch his press conferences , KOTITE ESQUE !
    On the the other hand the gm has 12 million reasons to tell the coach to continue starting Fitz,,,,,,,blow it up already its a train wreck why wait until next year ?

17. truthbtold

The fact is the 2nd INT was meaningless. We got the ball back in the same spot and scored about 90 seconds later. He was FAR from our biggest problem today. In fact, I'd put him 5th or 6th down the list

18. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

I want to see petty at this point also, but what if he just stinks? We all like the player we don't know. If he sucks and there's a great chance he stinks,.

19. truthbtold

The playcalling in the red zone has been idiotic all year. Blame Gailey for that as well. We have Matt Forte and we never use him!! The 2nd INT cost us NOTHING. You don't get to put the ball back in the 11 yard line if you score there.
    The bottom line is, we DID score about 90 seconds later had a 23-20 lead ... and shit the bed on ST.

20. Boomboom

Boomboom Active Member

At least we got the safety that will absolutely smash your face in