Positivity Thread: 2 game Winning streak, Jets in middle of playoff hunt

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by John, Oct 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Just like the Belfast locals reminded folks: "if was fine when it left here."

; )

#81 joe, Nov 3, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
  2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

So can Joe Maddon coach football?

JeTsInTexas and matt robinson 17 like this.
  3. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I can't call myself an optimist with this current team even if it may seem that way from my posts, but I will say that as a guy who's been following this team since the early 70's, that compared to then, and other periods in-between, the current state of affairs is far better than it once was. I have Jets fans friends who are "glass half full guys" and others who are "the sky is falling chicken little's" (old fable - look it up) But most are doomsday guys. One of them texted me upset over how we signed Knile, and then abruptly cut him for Spiller, saying how it makes the front office look bad around the league. I mean, really?

A positivity thread isn't such a bad thing - not to spin this season in a positive light when it isn't or to be ignorant of the problems, but to point out the things that are looking good despite the W/L record. Many are pissing all over positive comments made by others in this thread, which unfortunately is indicitive of the reputation Jet's fans seem to have. I'm hoping things turn around this year. I'll never root for losses in order to get a guy fired, a player demoted, or for better draft position. I think that's a crappy way to be a fan. This year has been disappointing so far for a a few reasons - the shocking performance of the secondary, the inability to best deploy our DL personnel (related to the first point) it's taking Fitz time to get over Decker's absence, and Chan's game plan/ play calling has been erratic. Not sure we can fix the defensive backfield but the other things COULD improve. When the season started I had no false SB dreams.

That said, let's beat the F*cking Dolphins Sunday and get this sh*t back on track.

4. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Well said. Life is too short to not root for your favorite team every week, but I also temper my expectations and don't get too down when they lose. I've been overly invested in this team emotionally before, and it made me miserable. Go Jets - Squish Da Fish!

5. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Some people don’t want to admit it but the fact is that the Jets are still very much alive and climbing back into the playoff hunt. They have’t given themselves much wiggle room going forward but the schedule breaks out nicely for them. That game against Cincy still haunts me. Nick Folk, SMH. If we were 4-4 instead of 3-5 right now people would probably feel a lot differently.

If we can win this game on Sunday I think we’ll be 5-5 against the Pats in our building for Sunday Night Football. That’s the goal. And it’s possible, whether you think the Jets are any good or not.

6. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

We all see the flaws of this team and deep down we know that a surprise playoff appearance will be short-lived as this team as constructed isn't going to challenge for the Lombardi trophy.

That said, if they can manage to get to 5-5 entering the bye they have 2 weeks to prepare for the Pats. If the sun, moon and stars align and they beat the Pats the next 3 games after that are all very winnable games. After the awful start to this season to think this team now has a fighting chance to be 9-5 going into the second Pats game is mind boggling. I hope they can do just that (for purposes of this thread I won't opine whether they will or not) and show some resiliency.

kevmvp and Jets_Grinch like this.
  7. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Does anyone really think we have a chance to make the playoffs...let alone a run at the VLT?

If you do...just take another look at the fist half of the Browns game.

That oughta set you straight.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I'm positive

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  9. NCJetsfan

that the Jets

10. NCJetsfan

won't make the playoffs.

11. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

I just want to see some of the younger players mature and hopefully, Petty gets some playing time. Playoffs isn't even entering my mind.

Jets_Grinch likes this.
  12. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Other than the Patriots, our schedule is super weak from here on out. A lot of it will come down to the AFC West. Denver and Oakland can't stop winning. We'll see what happens with KC now that Smith is out.

Jets_Grinch likes this.
  13. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

Nothing about this 2 game streak that convinces me they can go to .500 anytime soon. Their erratic play from quarter to quarter indicates to me that either they're dogging it or, are more confused with coaching aspects than what we are led to believe. With a poor QB at the helm there's not much of a rosy outlook for the foreseeable future. The coaching staff and GM are only fooling themselves to think they can make a wildcard run.

Jets lack a true leader to right the ship. A leader on any NFL team has to be the QB, whether he likes it or not.. Has Fitz shown that he is capable of that, ever? His performance in the Buffalo game last year was not an aberration.

#93 BomberJet, Nov 4, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
  14. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

Watching this team play makes me feel positive

HIV Positive

NCJetsfan likes this.
  15. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Yup. We have a lot of teams coming up which were the type of caliber of teams Fitz was playing well against last season.

16. NCJetsfan

That doesn't help the team one bit going forward. So Fitz plays better or pretty good against sorry teams. Big hairy deal! If he couldn't play well against any teams, he shouldn't be in the NFL. He sucks. He's the past. The Jets need to develop Petty or Hack now, so that they know what they will have next year and don't have to waste next season too.

17. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

Still waiting for the Jets to hire Theo Epstein.

18. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

The goal of an NFL season is to win games. If Fitz can win games for us while our season isn't over from a wins/loss perspective he should be the starter. Hypothetically, if Fitz got the team to 9-7 or 10-6 this year and we made the playoffs, would you not be happy?

The goal is to win. If the Jets were 3-8 then the goal changes to looking at next season and Fitz should no longer be starting. JMO

19. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Just to add to this:

Prior to the Browns game, I cannot remember the Jets ever winning a game with Mangold out.

It seems like he will be out again this Sunday. Can lightning strike twice?

20. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Absolutely, but he should not be back next season

matt robinson 17 and kevmvp like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.