Tuesday's Trade Deadline

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by playtowinthegame, Oct 30, 2016.

?

Who's going to be traded?

Poll closed Nov 1, 2016.
  1. Sheldon Richardson

23 vote(s)
    23.0%
  2. Brandon Marshall

1 vote(s)
    1.0%
  3. Both Sheldon + Brandon

5 vote(s)
    5.0%
  4. Nobody will be traded

71 vote(s)
    71.0%
  1. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

haha..jets claim knile davis off waivers..i wonder who got hurt

2. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Jets claim RB Knile Davis.

3. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Championship!

BacktoQueens likes this.
  4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

And if Mac had traded him for a second or worse, a third, fans would be screaming for Mac's head. The Jets won't lose him for nothing. Someone will sign him to a big deal and the Jets will get a 3rd round compensatory pick (really more like a 4th round pick). That's why I wanted to trade him. I'd really like to know what the Jets wanted and what the Cowboys offered.

5. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

If you're the Cowboys, why wouldn't they deal high picks for him? Get a proven commodity that can slide perfectly into the 3T in that cover 2 4-3 defense. They're a championship contender this year and with that offensive line all under contract I believe through next year, they're in a pretty good position to compete for the next couple years.

Unless we were looking for multiple 1sts, I think the Cowboys made a mistake not getting him. He would be perfect for the pass rushing defensive tackle role, rather than wasting his talent at inside linebacker on some snaps here.

dogg likes this.
  6. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Farewell Knile Davis, you will go down in history with other NY greats. Like Drew Stanton.

7. Don

Because he has no contract beyond next year. You aren't going to give up a number 1 or multiple lower picks for a one year rental.

8. NCJetsfan

They possibly would if they had time to negotiate a contract extension or new contract before finalizing the trade.

9. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

A year and a half is an eternity in the NFL, especially for a team that would compete for a SB twice in that time. I'd love to know what the Jets were asking for in a trade cause unless it was very exorbitant I think the Cowboys made a mistake not bringing in Sheldon.

FJF likes this.
  10. APK 8

APK 8 Well-Known Member

One positive test from an 8 game ban? One more mis bahavior and arrest from something longer? Dallas has to take that into account before making a trade. They already have four guys suspended or gone (Hardy). They don't need more embarrassment and lose picks while being embarrased.

11. Don

The asking price would not be an issue if he had a contract in place. The "experts" said Richardson was worth a 1st in any trade made yesterday. Oh, and he is probably better than anybody else we have on the line because he can play inside, outside and LB.

12. Attackett

I'm glad you think so but all the reports were the asking price was too high for the Cowboys. I seriously doubt it was because he would need a new contract in a year and a half, the fact that he is one strike away from a long suspension is far more plausible.

13. Don

I think the reports were that the asking price was too high combined with the lack of a contract so pretty much what I said above. Do you think they wouldn't have given a 1st if he had 4 yearts left? If they wouldn't a bunch of other teams would.

14. Attackett

No I do not think so, I think it would've been possible if Sheldon wasn't one strike away from a lengthy suspension. More likely though teams are hesitant nowadays to give up 1st Rd picks for anyone let alone a player one strike away.

I haven't seen a single report stating that him being one and a half years from needing a new contract was a factor. I could buy it if he was a FA at the end of the year, not the end of next year though.

15. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Fixed it

16. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Now they are the Sons of Lethargy.

johnny likes this.
  17. cbman13

cbman13 Well-Known Member

I believe they will wait till this offseason to deal Sheldon....... They need whatever team is interested to be able to talk him into signing a long term deal for us to maximize the return

18. NCJetsfan

Don, when teams do trade for players in a situation like yesterday, almost always the trade is contingent upon that team being able to come to terms on a contract extension or new contract. Unless the 'Boys & Jets waited until the last minute, I don't think the hold up could possibly have been that Sheldon only had 1 more year left on his contract. I think the threat of his getting suspended and continually talking about getting paid are the factors that torpedoed the trade.

19. Don

I never heard extension mentioned once in that proposed trade. I know they do it in baseball but I'm not even sure they can do it in football in the middle of the year. Also not sure they could have a done a sign and trade deal either. Unless you mean a conditional pick and that would be just as crazy for the jets to agree to. Most likely it would have been a one year rental, for some reason I can't see Richardson making a career out of Dallas. Now what we should have done is try to trade Wilkerson to them as his deal is done, of course that's the reason they would have balked on him too.

20. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

If there's any franchise that couldn't give two shits about off the field problems it's the Jerry Jones run Cowboys.