IF this team turns around & makes the playoffs...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Oct 25, 2016.

?

Would you resign Fitz IF he takes us to the playoffs?

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    5.0%
  2. No

82 vote(s)
    82.0%
  3. How far in the playoffs?

13 vote(s)
    13.0%
  1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

These poll results are RIDICULOUS. As is the thread in general but still. The question asked is "If Fitzpatrick turns a (1-5) Jets team around and leads them to the playoffs, would you re-sign him?" The answer would be absolutely and the poll should be 100% yes. That would be incredible.

It's not happening though. But if it did: Come on! Of course he is re-signed.

NotSatoshiNakamoto likes this.
  2. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Wow, I can't wait to see what great ideas surface of we somehow beat the Browns Sunday, I'm sure the Where will our Superbowl parade be? Ridiculous

NotSatoshiNakamoto likes this.
  3. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Well lets see... in 2015 when Fitz was allegedly titled "good" he was:

5th most intercepted
    29th in completion %
    28th in YPA
    25th (lowest) QB Rating.

all fitz really had going for him was the fact that our defense was balling...WR's & Bilal were getting LOTS of YAC.. Chris Ivory led AFC in rushing.. Marshall Decker & Ivory had career seasons all at once.. and to Fitz's credit I'll give him the red zone TD% was HIGH.. but now it's ranked 32nd in 2016 : /

in 2016 Fitzy is:

11 INTs (most in the league)
    completion rate at 57% (worst in the league)
    28th in YPA again
    and 32nd (lowest) QB Rating.

(2014 Geno rankings were better outside of QB Rating... that's with entirely different *way worse* roster...just throwing that in there)

Ryan Fitzpatrick had beaten 2 teams over .500 in the last 4 years... he's never once in his career beat a team on the road that was over .500

Why are we talking playoffs with a guy that's never been there in 120 career NFL games. one hundred and twenty games. not one was after week 17.

anyway my answer is hell no. He stinks on a good year. Jets should've could've and would've went 13-3 last year with a decent QB. Ryan Fitzpatrick is not a decent QB. He's not an average QB, he's a GARBAGE QB.

#23 JetLifeLo, Oct 26, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
  4. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

Hell no

Royal Tee likes this.
  5. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Of course I'd resign him. Any QB that can turn this season around and put us in the playoffs can be my #3 QB next year, no problem.

kevda5n9ne, NYJetsO12 and Peebag like this.
  6. hastygreen

hastygreen Well-Known Member

If this team turns around it won't be because of Fitz. It will be because the defense is putting the offense in position to play from the lead. Fitz had a chance to do exactly what you are talking about last season and when it was up to him he completely, and thoroughly choked. The guy is an also ran, a choker, and a phony that greatly over estimates his value. That after a win where he was meh and only in because the guy that replaced him got hurt. Took it as his cue to turn around hold a press conference and call everybody out for not believing in his stupid ass when the last however many games he's played in have been pure bullshit.

So no, you don't resign Fitzpatrick because he's a fucking malcontent that managed to hide it right up until he's jockied into position for a payday. He's gone from place to place bamboozling fans and franchises into his shtick with well placed decent seasons. Well, he got me last season but the bloom is off that rose, the fog has cleared from my eyes, whatever, whatever and whatever he can move the hell on to his next set of victims and potential payday.

#26 hastygreen, Oct 26, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
  7. thirtyoddfreestyle

thirtyoddfreestyle Well-Known Member

PLAYOFFS??? the eternal optimistic jets fan... time to close this thread bro

8. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

Ryan Fitzpatrick has pushed this team's development back 5 years. I didn't want him in 2015 and 2016 and I sure the hell don't want him in 2017.

JetLifeLo, Section 336 and Cman68 like this.
  9. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Most Jets fans are known to be eternally pessimistic. I try to look on the bright side.

However there is nothing worse then 8-8 or winning record team who doesnt make the playoffs. Either be good or suck greatly.

10. Pothead

Pothead Member

For the money he would want if he took us deep into the playoffs, no. If he wanted a fair salary to compete with a vet qb OK.

11. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

Hahahahah....you a funny man.....:p:p:p playoffs.........LMFAO

12. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

only for a cheap veteran minimum deal as a backup at this point.
    We won't turn it around anyway. we'll win enough games to not have a high pick and probably pick around 10-12 IMO but we aren't making the playoffs. I'd rather run with petty and hack in an open competition and try to add 1 more veteran QB. i'm ok with that being fitz as long as he's cheap. I'd take Mcknown if cleveland parts with him.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  13. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Irrespective of what the other poster who said 100% yes if he does, I say very simply no. He is the worst QB in the league and holds our O back.... I also agree with the poster that said if the team makes the playoffs it will not because of him...he is limited, period.

14. Gremlin

Gremlin Well-Known Member

If he took us to the playoffs then I would re-sign him.

Mostly because that implies he starts the remaining 9 games and thus our signed options (Bryce and Hack) would have no experience as a starter and we'd be unlikely to get an upgrade with a draft pick in the high 20's.

Although it might make us more tempting as a team/franchise should we somehow be offered someone of the Rivers or Brees calibre.

15. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

no.

kevda5n9ne likes this.
  16. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

At this point the only way they make the playoffs is if the D goes balls-to-wall, over the top crazy and starts scoring 2 or 3 TD's a game.

17. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

The only way Fitz is going to the playoffs is if someone buys him a ticket,,,Fitz has never gone to the playoffs ever !

LV Coach and Cman68 like this.
  18. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

and that in itself is a very damning statement for a 11 year pro Qb. That record screams Loser..Hell, if the Cubs can make the WS, perhaps FitzTragic can make the playoffs.

19. Thewatchfuleye

Thewatchfuleye Active Member

I'm not sure he'd be affordable in such a scenario. Say he plays like the Bills game for the rest of the season. Then he comes back and says the losses were a result of other problems and not him. Then he'll want far more than $12 million.

However if through some miracle he played like that the rest of the year and they go deep in the playoffs I'd definitely want him back. I just don't see how he'd be affordable, and someone will end up not just wanting him but probably needing him since the QB picture doesn't seem to be getting immediately better.

20. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

I wouldn't sign Fitz if every other QB in the league dropped dead from the bubonic plague.