What If Geno Plays Well?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HomeoftheJets, Oct 19, 2016.

?

What do we do with Geno?

1. Let him walk

35 vote(s)
    39.3%
  2. Prove-it deal

42 vote(s)
    47.2%
  3. Franchise tag

4 vote(s)
    4.5%
  4. Other (explain)

8 vote(s)
    9.0%
  1. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I'll take the big teddy bear.

2. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

If he plays well we'd be dumb to let him walk. You'd have to offer him a prove it deal. It's not like Petty and Hack are going anywhere if we don't want them to. They are under our control.

3. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

If Geno plays well, he's probably going to sign a deal elsewhere. Why would he stay here at a discount on some prove it deal? The fans hate him. He was drafted by the previous regime. Bowles doesn't seem to like him, and he's got two young QBs nipping at his heels. He's auditioning for other teams right now. Re-signing Fitz meant that we gave up on Geno long-term.

4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

No chance in hell he would get the franchise tag. The Quarterback franchise tag is $20 million. $20 million. He would have to win out and get the Jets to the super bowl and even then a franchise tag would be a discussion. That would be winning 12 or 13 games in a row.

He plays well and a prove-it-deal/bring back for competition in next year's camp is possible.

5. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Based on Fitzy, I am for one year deals until we find a good QB.

6. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

That is funny!!!

Red Menace likes this.
  7. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

No his 12 year career does that. I don't get how you judge a player on 2 years? Especially a QB. Anybody who watches this game knows it takes 3 years for most QB's.

8. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Actually seems logically

9. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

One of the single dumbest posts I have ever read. The Cardinals had Abdullah graded ahead of Johnson. That's about the only thing you got right. Abdullah was picked ahead of the Cardinals second round pick. DJ was picked in the third round. They didn't settle for him at all he was the best available running back on their board in the third round. The Cardinals picked Golden after Abdullah went off the board. Golden has been a terrific player. DJ was picked in the third round. They loved him but like every other GM in the league had him graded behind Abdullah. He was past over by every GM twice and by most of them 3 Times. The Cardinals weren't upset about settling for DJ because they didn't pick him behind Abdullah, they picked Golden. The took DJ because they needed a big back and he was the highest rated one on their board. They struck gold. Every other GM in the league could have picked him at least twice.

DJ was a rookie last year. He did everything, kick return, catch passes and run the ball. They didn't give him a full load because Chris Johnson was playing great and he was a rookie. He's load went up during the year when DJ got hurt and he proved he could carry the load he has started every since. That's actually called player develpoment. Kim and Arians were practically squirting jazz about DJ the first day of camp last year.

The only thing you got right about Mathieu is he had an ACL tear. Last year before the tear he was the best defensive player on the Cardinals. They have been using him very sparingly this year to protect him. They haven't wanted him in the traditional role he played because they are trying to limit his contact. They turned him loose against SF because it was a must game. He is a terrific safety when fully healthy, he might be the best in the league.

Arians isn't BB but he is a top 5 NFL HC. He basically resurrected Carson Palmer who had virtually played himself out of the league and turned the Cardinals into one of the best teams in the NFL.

Red Menace likes this.
  10. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

It's not the 2 years, it's the lack of personal maturity and the football fundamentals.

I was a big Sanchez fan, there were times when he was rock solid and then he was totally inept and as time went on, I realized that's who he was and no amount of time in the NFL was going to change him.

The same with Fitpatrick, and I believe the same with Geno, he could be in the league 10 years, hopefully not with the jets, but from what I have seen, his fundamentals and instincts are just not enough to build on.

When he was the starter under MM, the jets had the number 3 and number 6 rushing offense in the NFL, those are supposed to be a QBs best friend, we see how they are helping Dak Prescott.

The issues that affected him then, are still the same. He will display no situational awareness, still forcing bad throws, not stepping up into the pocket to buy more time.

He is also an immature individual, the question is why have you not seen what everyone else has already been able to discern?

Did it take you 12 years to figure out that Fitpatrick was not a good QB?

RochesterJet likes this.
  11. Aewhistory

Aewhistory Well-Known Member

I see you're a veteran Jets fan.

12. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

What If Geno Plays Well?

The title of this thread is one of the most insanely idiotic posts I have ever seen. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response was there anything that even vaguely resembled a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it......I award you NO points and may God have mercy on your soul.......

13. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

Some of these answers are dumber than the decision to give Ryan Fitzpatrick $12+ million dollars. He's not getting cut so that's stupid and we aren't auditioning him for other teams because we won't be able to trade him seeing that his contract is up after this season.

The ONLY reason he's playing right now is to see IF there is a future here, so obviously IF he plays well he will be brought back or at least an attempt will be made to bring him back.

If he does not play well Petty will get that same opportunity considering his roster spot wasn't so safe this past summer despite his contract not anywhere near expiring.

14. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

Everything you said can be fixed. I knew Fitz was bad when he played with Buffalo. People keep talking about how good the Jets ran the ball his 2 years and your right it great to have for a QB. But he had shit for WR's who couldn't get open. Before you bring Decker up he is not a #1 WR. I hope he is here for at least the next 10 years because that means he turn it around and became a good QB.

15. Rictor33

Rictor33 Active Member

It's unbelievable how dumb some people are. The guy also decided to resort to personal insults (not good ones, either) after I tore down his argument and put him in his place.

16. Rictor33

Rictor33 Active Member

Fair point.

17. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Who said Petty's spot wasn't safe other than people on this site?

18. Gremlin

Gremlin Well-Known Member

Staying might be his only chance of being a starter.

Its unlikely he plays to a Montana/Brady like standard as his flaws are still there but even if he plays slightly better then we've come to expect (with all these fancy weapons his fans talk about) and for whatever reason he stays the starter for the rest of the season. What then are his likely options?

There's perhaps 4 or 5 teams that don't have 'the guy' or think they have 'the guy' and the guy they do have is probably better then Geno at any rate.

So he could walk into a battle for a starters spot with an incumbent who knows the team and system or stay here where he has the home turf advantage and his challengers haven't played a single snap of live action. Sure, Hack might be the future but its almost a guaranteed year for him to advertise himself over a full season.

19. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Geno dominating would be SO JETS. Haha. Interesting problem to have.

20. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

A simple "No" would have been fine, @Mainejet!