Geno to be named starting QB, per Schefter

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I can't imagine the shit storm if we lose to Cleveland, especially if they are still winless going into that game.

2. John Lombardo

John Lombardo Active Member

Probably because he's a giant douche, not a turd sandwich.

Jets_Grinch likes this.
  3. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Wouldn't be unprecedented.
    1980 we were the only team to lose to Saints, the originators of the paper bags on the head "Aints".

Thank god the internet wasn't around back then.

Cman68 likes this.
  4. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

But that team had a future...not so sure of the current regime.

5. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

This move serves no purpose. Once again the Jets try to "salvage" a season that is beyond salvaging, as the problems go way past just QB.

We know what Geno is. And what he isn't and never will be. What is to be gained by playing him? Put the kids in. Let's see what we have and don't have. Then something productive can come out of this debacle.

And let's say by some miracle Geno gets us to 9-7 and gets or almost gets a wildcard. Is he going to take us to a championship? And are you going to give him big money to come back next year? And once again we end up with a number 20 pick and nothing is accomplished.

I've seen this show over and over for the last 45 years. It's classic same ol Jets

6. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I would feel the same as I do right now no matter what: The season is over. Disappointing. 10 more games to play though. Try to go (5-5) in those for a (6-10) record I guess.

7. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

The man just can't let anybody else play with his toy.

8. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Here is an Honest Question:
    What do you think the Jets Record would be if Geno started the first 6 games of the season?

I have news for you folks: It's (0-6) to (2-4) at best. Anyone thinking otherwise is delusional. Odds are he would have been benched before Game 7.

hwismer likes this.
  9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I don't think he beats Rex under the glare of a Nationally televised game.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  10. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Bowles seem adamant during his presser he made the call and was thinking about it after the game but wanted input form his coaches. Fair enough. He should have made the decision after the Hawks game.

As for Geno, you saw a microcosm of his career. A few nice plays and then boneheaded plays, fumble (at least it wasn't behind his back) and the int that people are dismissing as well it was his only option...

I wish him well but frankly I just have no faith in him to be better then he has shown us.. hope I am wrong but I don't think so.

PS - Fitzs should not play QB for this team again... and should be cut but that will not happen.

11. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

If you go around the league, I don't think you'll find many teams that game plan for the backup QBs. I think that's what happened last year. Teams playing the Jets didn't have a game plan for Fitz, so he had some success. Yes, I know he has been in the league, but he hadn't started for a number of years. This year, it looks like D's have done their homework on him. Reminds me of Pennington, when teams finally figured out he couldn't stretch the field. A lot of us were supporters of Fitz, and I raise my hand too. We all knew that he was the best option going into this year, but we also knew that he had liabilities.

12. Wah

Wah Well-Known Member

I'm fine with this. The way Fitz has been playing this year, its sad to say, but Geno and his erratic play gives us the better chance to win. I get that we should be looking at Petty, but until we are mathematically eliminated, I can't see any NFL head coach basically waving the white flag by putting a complete unknown out there. As soon as Geno loses a couple and we are officially looking at next season, Petty can finish out the season. If Fitz comes back as starter at all this season I will be fuming.

I can't believe I'm saying that... Fitz was so much fun to watch last year. :(

13. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Yeah, but then we would be on to Petty at this point.
    Which is why signing Fitz was a complete waste of time.

FJF likes this.
  14. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

What funny you just admitted Geno may had been 2-4. We know Fitz went 1-5 and I would love to be 2-4 right now.

15. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

I'm fine with it. They should have done it a couple of weeks ago because we are even beyond salvaging our season now. There's no way we are beating the Ravens. At least suit Petty up and get him some practice reps? I don't even want to see the Harvard douche on the sideline.

16. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

I am rooting for Geno. Will he succeed? I'm not holding my breath but I will be in his corner for now.

17. Don

why?

18. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

The season is over. Let's hope that Petty gets in when he's healthy. Time to get some yard work done with Geno in.

19. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Geno could've gotten us to 3-3. Wins over the Bengals and Chiefs. Bengals weren't great and I am sure we could've capitalized on more opportunities even if Geno turns the ball over more than once. I do think the Jets would have imploded eventually more than likely, but at least you see what the young, questionable QB does in big games.

20. Don

He didn't play in any big games in 2013 and 2014? We know what he does in big games.

CBG likes this.