Ironically we just need to flush the toilet bowl-es

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Oct 2, 2016.

1. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

We have like a snowballs chance in Hell to beat Pitt

Enunwa injured and no Decker

Another lopsided loss and this Board, NFL NtWork , the Press will unleash a sh^tstorm

Boomboom likes this.
  2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

That's fair. In time, it may prove that Mac is part of the problem, but at least for now, he's the best GM this team has had since Weeb. Granted, that's not saying much, but it is what it is.

3. They keep trying to win games on paper & hope they find the right mix w. the coaching staff. What they've failed to account for is that it takes alot more than a shiny depth chart to win in this league. You need strength, conviction & intangible. This team has NO CLUE how to play together, play situational football or flat out how to WIN. Absolutely no clue at all.

At some point you have to blame coaching & the front office for this constant systemic DISEASE.At some point you have to point to Woody.

CBG likes this.
  4. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

It took me a while to realize this, but Rex is a better HC than Bowles. Bowles just doesn't seem to learn from any mistakes. Rex had his share of problems, but at least we knew the identity of the team. This team is so flawed, it's hard to tell where the major problems lie because they pretty much suck at every position except Dline, and even they have been off with Richardson being a hybrid linebacker. I seriously don't know what they are thinking. I'd rather see Richardson rushing the ball, than as a linebacker.

5. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

How was Rex a better HC? He was 11-5 during his best year, Bowles was 10-6 during his best year.

Rex had a 4-12 season and a 6-10 season with a couple of 8-8 seasons, his offenses were putrid with stretches of quarters in which all they did was go 3 and out.

The amount of 3rd and long conversions his exotic blitz defenses gave up were terrible. He had a better run game when Marty was the OC as Marty was a better OC than Gailey and ran the ball more with Ivory.

But a better HC, how quickly we forget how inept he was.

6. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I was at the game last night. First chance to see the Jets up close. Let me say this with the exception of Marshal and Leonard your team was completely outclassed by the Cardinals personal. No coach, including BB could have made a difference last night. Carson Palmer didn't play well but the mismatch in talents stunning. The most shocking thing to me was how Wilkerson has mailed it in since signing his new contract. The guy used to be a top 10 D lineman. He belongs on the practice squad and special teams. He outright sucked and his lack of effort was obvious. I think your GM has a lot of work to do and so does Bowles. You can't win in this league with a bad QB and no attitude at the point of attack.

I did enjoy Mevis getting schooled by Fitzgerald. Geno looked great until his brain kicked in and he forgot that safeties are allowed to catch balls thrown toward the sidelines. I can see why he isn't starting even with a journeyman backup. Bad attitude and a lack of smarts aren't great character traits for NFL starting QB's. I would have liked to see Petty get a shot.

FYI the few Jets fans at the game last night were flat out of the gate. Our stadium is usually loaded with opposing team fans who are generally loud and obnoxious. Jet fans were few and far between them, quiet and well behaved. It was shameful.

7. APK 8

APK 8 Well-Known Member

How many times did Rex screw up clock mangement, waste timeouts on defense and have blown coverages? He didn't fire himself.....

8. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

I just recently moved out of state and have only had the opportunity to watch the Jets only twice, both on national TV.

The 2 games I have seen were quite contrasting. Against Buffalo, the offense looked like a well-oiled machine - marching up and down the field at will - Fitz looking real sharp with the reads and hitting the open receivers. Looked liked a great rebound off of the disappointing Bengal loss.

After last nights debacle, I just can't believe I'm watching the same team!

Total break down from all sides of the football. Compared to the Cards, the Jets looked like they were running up a hill. Very listless and humdrum. Watching Revis run in an open field or trying to chase down a runner, he looks as if he's got hemorrhoids.

It's easy to blame the players. It's easy to blame the CS. But to turn this around in as quick a fix as possible, blame has to go to the coaching, first. Something has to change.

Isn't it ironic, the more the players change, the more it looks the same?

Firing one of Bowles' coaches would be the first step, imo.

9. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

With about ten games to go I hope Mike Mac is looking over HC resumes....and makes a wise choice

He already stuck his neck out grabbing Hack

We know Bowles won't last but I kinda like Mac, I think he gets older and wiser

10. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

And Devin Smith.

11. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I'm not saying Rex was great, but he at least knew how to make halftime adjustments and game plan on defense. This year I see the same issues over and over again with Bowles with no end in sight.

What was up with that mess at the end of the half? They waited until 9 seconds left before calling time out, which was completely asinine. You can't rely on the refs making a correct call, you gotta call timeout RIGHT AWAY in that situation. It's like he's not even paying attention to the game itself.

Last year, a few of his bad decisions cost us a playoff birth. Plus, the defense has been getting progressively worse. I didn't like Bowles that much last year, but it was his rookie year, so I can understand the mistakes. But making those same mistakes again this year, shows he isn't paying attention, isn't learning, or is too busy with other issues on the sidelines.

Hopefully I'm wrong here, but the team seems very poorly organized.

NYJetsO12 and Red Menace like this.