Josh McDaniels 2017

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Capt. Ace Nick, Oct 9, 2016.

1. Jeremy2020

Jeremy2020 Active Member

The Jets won't be looking. Regardless, the problem with a guy coming from the Patriots is they know success...not necessarily how to take a bad team and make it one.

2. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Experienced HC with a proven track record for our next coach, please

3. cbman13

cbman13 Well-Known Member

Are you new? We never screw it up that bad! I guarantee we will finish between 7-10 victories...... we always have to take ourselves out of running for the top qb's! It's what we do!

4. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

And draft Tebow again? And go 8-8 again? And destroy the franchise again? No thanks.

Jets69 and TwoHeadedMonster like this.
  5. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

I'd prefer Reich, Haley, or even that Bowles guy.

6. GreenGreek

GreenGreek Well-Known Member

Priority #1 for our next coaching staff has to be QB development.

7. APK 8

APK 8 Well-Known Member

Names please. Names of people that would 1. comeback to coaching after an absence and 2. Ones that would likely choose to coach the Jets.

8. Snoopdogg

Snoopdogg Active Member

FWIW McDaniels didn't actually destroy the Broncos. In 2 drafts, he picked Demaryius Thomas, Eric Decker, Zane Beadles, Robert Ayers, Knowshon Moreno, and - yes - Tebow. And yes, he was a total and complete jerk to everybody involved including the owner, which is never a smart strategy :) And he got rid of Jay Cutler, who appears to have turned out to be a classic coach-killer quarterback. At this point, I'd try him. Not my first choice, but not my last.

Thing is, he won't go anywhere where there isn't already a QB. So could we swing a deal where the Patsies trade Jimmy Garoppolo to us and McDaniels comes along as the head coach? I'd be up for that for sure; and bonus points if McDaniels then gets fired at any point leaving us Garoppolo :)

9. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

If this fellow can bring a young Tom Brady with him. You guys overrate coaches. Aaron Rodgers is going through a bad spell. The coach is the same.
    If AR improves McCarthy or whoever will be smart. The players are 95%. The coach is five in a good year. Talk radio has reversed that so they have something to talk about.

10. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

1 & 2 I don't know...that's Mike Maccagnan's job. Besides, nothing is worse than shouting "Bring back Gruden" or "Bring back Cowher". That being said, in 1997, who could've predicted the Dick Vermeil situation. I'm tired of failed assistants who have to earn their coaching chops with on the job experience (W. Michaels, J Walton, B. Coslet, P Carroll, H Edwards, E Mangini and now, T Bowles). Arguably, the two biggest names we've hired over the past 47 years (Parcells & Rex) have brought us our greatest success.

11. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

this staff has not had a chance to get one of their developed qbs on the field. This yrs sucks but getting rid of the coach for someone who has failed as a head coach already no thanks unless they won a superbowl as a head coach and have that cache hen you stick with bowles. Granted things need to changed I expected way more from the defense