2017 QBs

Discussion in 'Draft' started by jetfannerd, Oct 5, 2016.

1. jetfannerd

jetfannerd Trolls

As of today the consensus top 3 QBs in this years draft are:

1.Kizer-Notre Dame
    2.Kaaya-Miami
    3.Watson-Clemson

Kizer seems to be leading the pack right now with Watson and Kaaya fighting for the #2 spot.

All three players are consensus first rounders.

Chad Kelly is also pretty well regarded amongst draftniks

2. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Chad Kelly is a straight f***. Watson is a bust. Kaaya is nothing special by any means. This class looks pretty weak imo. Kizer is head and shoulders above everyone else.

I wish we would have traded the farm for Wentz. I would have gone crazy but as it stands it would have been a good move. I would have freaked out in a negative fashion at the time though.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. TouchyFeely

TouchyFeely Well-Known Member

Mitch Trubisky is worth keeping an eye on. He may not declare this year and instead opt for a second year with UNC, but thus far he's been impressive. His next game against a tough Hokies passing defense will tell us a lot. If he continues to play like he has against them, then expect him to be one of if not the top QB in this/next draft.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  4. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

Good call. He's done well this year & had a really good game last Saturday on the road vs FSU.

5. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

He's been very impressive. So far, I like him and Wilton Speight from Michigan.

Not a fan of Watson, he misses a lot of easy throws also.

Freddy Mondo likes this.
  6. cbman13

cbman13 Well-Known Member

As hard as it is to say this, with the qb situation we have, im not sure I'd take another shot at a qb with all the other needs we have

BomberJet, Leicester Jet and june19 like this.
  7. WhySoSerious488

WhySoSerious488 Well-Known Member

Depending on where we are picking, trading up for Kizer like Rams/Eagles did last draft has to be a consideration. The team needs to make a serious commitment to the future of the QB position, no more NFL projects like Petty or reclamation projects like Hackenberg. We need a blue chip prospect.

greaser and NYJetsO12 like this.
  8. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

It will never happen with this GM, he thinks he has his QBs of the future now.

9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

We'll see. If he does think that way, he may be right. Petty was looking pretty good in preseason, and if Hack can get his fundamentals straightened out, he could be awesome, as his ability to read Ds, arm strength, and leadership are topflight.

june19 likes this.
  10. jetfannerd

jetfannerd Trolls

Petty would be playing now if he was any good. Hackenberg is a total bust not because of "fundamentals" but because he can't handle the pass rush. If you can't handle pressure in college you're not all of a sudden going to be handle pressure in the NFL.

11. Martin&theJETS

You do realize he had 1-2 seconds from the snap to throw the ball most of the time, right?

12. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Dude, you should give up football, because you know absolutely nothing about it. There are a number of reasons why Petty hasn't seen the field yet. One, Bowles still believes in Fitz. The Jets are paying Fitz $12 million to play this year. Woody may be ordering the team to stick with Fitz, or perhaps Mac is hoping Fitz can get his act together and help Mac save face for caving and signing Fitz. Petty was hurt. He's now throwing at practice, but not in any team drills/plays. It has been speculated that Mac is trying to help accelerate Hack's development since he used the Jets' 2nd round pick on him in the draft, and other rookie QBs are already playing and playing well. That could be accurate, or it could be a matter of Petty's having been injured worse than what the team claimed, and he's still not fully healthy. Then there's Geno. He's on the roster for a reason. This early in the season, if a QB was going to enter the game or start instead of Fitz, it would more than likely be Geno, not Petty.

Saying he couldn't handle the pressure in college is not only wrong, but just flat out stupid. You've obviously never seen him play. After his freshman season, his OL was horrible and he had little offensive talent around him. On most plays he was running for his life. He carried that team on his shoulders. No QB can handle taking the beating and being under constant pressure that Hack was his last 2 seasons at PSU. Brady gets rattled when he's hit and pressured heavily.

You really need to quit posting. You're just making yourself look absolutely stupid and clueless.

BZanZ, onefanjet and NYJetsO12 like this.
  13. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Show me what Petty and Hack have if we keep losing but at 12 mil we might be stuck with Fitztragic

Well RF didn't have a terrible game last outing but his passes are off

Wisdom says we need Offense players going forward; Draft a QB every year till one is your Franchise QB; Go for defense in the later rounds

Pick up some FA Corners, after we save $ on cutting Mevi$ and other dead weight, and keep your fingers crossed they work out

14. jetfannerd

jetfannerd Trolls

This is absurd! I've played the QB position in college and know more about the game than 99 percent of casual fans.

Hackenberg absolutely could not handle the pass rush in college, and anyone who has played the position could tell you that after watching his game film.

15. NFL

NFL Active Member

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Flag football team at the College of Staten Island?

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk

17. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Watson is going to be a star...I went to SC but i watch a lot of Clemson and he's the real deal

He's a little inconsistent but clutch as hell in big spots and can drop dimes on the deep ball.

Kizer I like too....but Watson is number 1 for now

westiedog1 likes this.
  18. TouchyFeely

TouchyFeely Well-Known Member

How does everyone feel about Pat Mahomes? Big guy with a HUGE arm. He makes some really "wow" throws. I know he has the whole Texas Tech offense thing but so did Petty and he's transitioned to the pro style pretty well.

19. Martin&theJETS

How has Petty transitioned well? He hasn't taken a single meaningful snap.

20. Martin&theJETS

The kid from UNC is pretty dirty. Cannon of an arm. Watched him against Pitt. He didn't seem to step into his throws. Kind of concerning but his arm strength is great. He'll need to step into it at the next level though.