whats the biggest issue on this team?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jetfannerd, Oct 8, 2016.

?

what's the Jets biggest issue?

1. Secondary

23 vote(s)
    19.2%
  2. Quarterback

47 vote(s)
    39.2%
  3. GM

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Head Coach

47 vote(s)
    39.2%
  5. Offensive Coordinator

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Non

3 vote(s)
    2.5%
  1. AlmostNamedMyDogRevis

AlmostNamedMyDogRevis Active Member

Coaching has been awful. Bowles making idiotic decisions. Gailey being ridiculous. Quarterback, at his worst, terrible. Marshall dropping balls. No TE. We're allowing deep balls all day because we don't know how to use a safety. No run game as of late. Injuries. Mediocre line. Defensive line ineffective. Missed tackles all around. Corners getting beat. Safety's missing lots of tackles, even more than everyone else. Special teams, outside of our punter, shaky. Can't play in the second half. Allow third down conversions all day. Can't guard an RB or TE. Should I go on?

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Well we can't cover, we can't throw, we can't run, we can't tackle, and we can't coach, but besides that we're ok

3. AlmostNamedMyDogRevis

AlmostNamedMyDogRevis Active Member

don't forget we can't catch (Marshall's two big first down drops on third downs)

4. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

I think the results of the poll pretty much speak to the Jets' problems. You can't win in the NFL if your two biggest issues are your HC and QB. One of those issues could easily be rectified by Bowles making the move to either Geno Smith or Bryce Petty.

I just don't see why there's a reluctance to make that switch. If I were a coach in the NFL, I'd never be willing to tie my job security to a journeyman QB who has been awful much more often than he's reached his ceiling of mediocre over the course of his career.

5. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Agree. Can't keep changing coaches every two years. Team needs better players, especially at QB. Ex: Marvin Lewis coached some awful teams in Cinn. but when he got good players he put a winning team on the field.

6. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

So our QB issues are easily rectified by starting Geno or Petty? That's like saying our head coaching issues can easily be rectified by firing Bowles and promoting Chain Gailey.

7. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Rectified wasn't the right word, you're absolutely right on that. But, they can attempt to fix that position now by making a change. As bad as Geno has played in past years under Rex and Morninwheg, I can't see him floundering in the way that Fitzpatrick has this season. I don't see him as the savior by any stretch, but I also don't see him being any worse than what we're currently getting from Fitzpatrick. Petty would be the wildcard, as we have no idea what we'd get from him. That would be the direction I'd go if I had a vote in the matter. Find out what we've got in the young guy. If he turns the season around, then all the better. If he doesn't, which would be the expected route this thing would take, then evaluate his play and decide if he should compete with Hackenberg and a QB to be named later that we acquire in the offseason through the draft and/or free agency.

Basically, long story short, if we're going nowhere with Fitzpatrick (and pretty much every Fitzpatrick team has gone nowhere), then why not make the change and go nowhere while evaluating someone who could potentially be in the longterm plan for the organization moving forward.

FJF, MJK and King Koopa like this.
  8. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

These people who argue to stick with Fitz make zero sense

It's so damn obvious we're going nowhere fast with Fitz......It's irrelevant whether you "think" the next option(s) are worse once you admit that Fitz can not get it done and never will

You have to try the next option even if it's a 5% chance because right now we're at 0% and that isn't changing

jets_fan likes this.
  9. Gremlin

Gremlin Well-Known Member

5% might be a tad generous considering the healthy options are the guy who made us regret getting rid of sanchez and a young 'un with mechanics that Tebow would scoff at.

10. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I had to go Bowles. He just doesn't seem to be competent when it comes to following the game live and making those quick in game decisions. It's like he doesn't even step back to analyze. "Hey, we're 4th and inches here in our own territory, but we are down 2 scores against the most potent offense in football and the clock says 9:00 minutes, we need a touchdown now.' I just wonder if that thought process or conversation with the other staff even happens. I'm tired of coaching mistakes like this persisting through year 2. It cost us games last year, and probably this year as well. He just doesn't have situational awareness.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  11. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

Please....Marvin Lewis hasn't won a playoff game in over 10 years.....he's not that good. He's just been there long enough to get enough decent players....

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  12. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

No one can tell me that Macc could have overridden the TB choice the day he came in. It had been made. More ass wise from the Jet management. I will have a better read on Macc after he picks his own coach---if he ever gets to.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  13. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

It is just more bad clock management and sillly challenges. CAnnot fault him for offensive calls, except when he decides to punt. But his soft coverages are killing us. We cannot cover underneath or over the top. Also, have there been half time adjustments. Looks like the only adjustments they make is to get shut down in second halves.

Sam Hammer likes this.
  14. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Its top down imo

Crappy coaching of the talent on field

The GM can get you the best athletes but its demoralizing if they are misused

The OC is marginally better than the ones we have had but calls a few stupid shovel passes

The DC Kacy is God awful..stats don't lie and you are working with top DLs paid top dollar Get them to play or get lost

The HC should be coaching HIgh School. Has no clue for the NFL and makes game ruining decisions

jmho

15. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Personally, I think the Jets need to find and build around a QB as top priority. We can change coaching staff again, and so long as we don't give our coaches the tools to work with, we will continue recycling coaches to no avail.

QB isn't everything, but it needs to be a starting point. We've gone too long without getting that right.

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk

16. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Quarterback. Quarterback. Quarterback.

Everyone is so quick to judge when it comes to our head coach. Last year Bowles finished 10-6. Many people have been praising the shit out of him weeks leading up to the season. Now all of a sudden he's the biggest problem on this team?

The biggest problem we have is the same fuckin problem we've had for a decade. Quarterback. We have not had a good to great quarterback in what feels like forever. We went 10-6 last year in large part due to Fitzpatrick. We also missed the playoffs due to Fitzpatrick. This is all comes down to quarterback.

Bowles has made many bad calls this year and is showing his youth and inexperience now, but without a QB, I don't care who our coach is, we ain't winning shit.

New England went out and drafted a very good prospect in Garropolo. Many on here, including myself, thought he would be a very good NFL QB. When he went down, New England got lucky and won one game after. Then they get rocked at home, shut out. We will not win a championship nor come close without a good QB.

westiedog1 likes this.
  17. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I can hear john mckays voice whe i read this.
    "Well, we didn't block, but we made up for that by not tackling"

King Koopa and matt robinson 17 like this.
  18. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

At this point I'll take that for the Jets!

19. rinvesto

rinvesto Well-Known Member

Same as its been for 40 years. No top echelon quarterback that can win games for you

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  20. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member