The best this team will ever do is overachieve into an AFCC each decade

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by abyzmul, Oct 9, 2016.

1. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Well, about that, part of the reason for the depression is that Williams has been neutralized and Jalin Marshall is out for the season (but not before a key fumble leading to a TD and some costly drops). Brian Winters (whom I assume you are talking about) head butted some one and is now out with a concussion.

Yes we need something to be optimistic about. Young players, a coach, anyone. We were getting giddy about a punter in the game threads, for crissakes (who, of course crapped out on a couple of late game punts in truer Jet fashion, btw)

2. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

The NFL game since 2000 or so in general makes me angry

Too many stoppages, commercials, bad play, and inconsistent referee calls.

Whenever something good happens I can't even cheer, I need to wait for a yellow flag, red flag, or booth review.

Like a dog I'm not allowed up just be happy.

Fuck the fucking jets

Fuck you woody

3. IsmokePot

IsmokePot Active Member

Fuk you, you quit.

4. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

So to be clear, you are officially, for life, no longer a Jets fan and/or an NFL fan, or was this misinterpreted?

5. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

Come back Abyzmul, afterall, misery loves company.

6. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

I stopped caring after the Chiefs game and havent watched a full game since.

7. HAYN

HAYN Well-Known Member

So glad I get time and a half for working Sunday's. I could give two shits about trying to catch the Jets game anymore.

8. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Never cared less this early in the season...There was always something interesting or positive to look forward to even in bad seasons. This team and franchise is in a black hole right now

Such a boring and lifeless team with no hope and no future atleast for a while

Fitz and Bowles vs Brady and Belichick .....yeah we have a prayer

sackexchange likes this.
  9. nycarl

nycarl Active Member

That mid-'80s team was loaded with talent until all the injuries in 1985- 86, just what happened to the Namath, Snell, Philbin era Jets with their short window in '68- '69, also ruined by injuries. Both of those teams were built through the draft and looked set for years. Never happened.

#49 nycarl, Oct 10, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
    sackexchange likes this.
  10. nycarl

nycarl Active Member

Never.

#50 nycarl, Oct 10, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
  11. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

I know we're only 5 games into the season, and anything can happen, but on the present trajectory, this feels a lot like the Kotite years.

Of course, I'll keep watching, just in case anything good happens.

12. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Don't be an emo pussy!

Peebag and playtowinthegame like this.
  13. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Always with fishing!

14. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

The ONLY enjoyable season that I can remember is the 1968 season & winning the SB in Jan 1969. That is it plain & simple. I am speaking as a NYJ fan since 1965. Just looking ahead in 3 years it will be 50 years since we won our ONLY SB :mad:

15. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

They are on MNF this week so enjoy the fishing & U can still watch the game :mad:

16. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

It's probably a curse to have actually seen SB3, it keeps you coming back in hopes you will see another before you die.

hwismer and Peebag like this.
  17. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Same here '65 and remember cheering the day they drafted Namath.

18. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

It pains me to agree with this threads sentiments but I can't shake it. Year after year this team sucks the life/joy out of me with all its false hope.

I'll be watching Monday against Arizona, because I almost feel programmed to. Though, over the years, if the game goes to shit, I do not hesitate to walk away from the t.v./change the channel. In years past I would suck it up and watch the whole game. Not anymore. Not worth the stress.

19. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

You all suck. Now is the time to be a fan. Being a fan of a team that wins all the time is meaningless.

Guy tells you he's a Seahawks fan, does that mean anything? Was he a fan when Curt Warner was toting the rock or is he a Legion of Boom bandwagoneer? Same for the Pats, Steelers, Packers, etc.

Guy wearing a Lions jersey, you know he's suffered. Same for the Jets, Bengals, Titans, Bills, Browns, etc.

Some, though, you can't tell. The Cardinals are trendy. The 49ers, Raiders, Rams, Dolphins, etc., have had plenty of success recently enough that someone other than grandparents remember.

As much as I hate the Pats, I always wonder about the guy who still wears his John Hannah or Andre Tippett jersey from back in the day-- does that guy hate being overwhelmed by bandwagon fans? How hard is it for that guy to find another real old-school Pats fan that remembers when they were the doormat of the division?

I'm sure it's not a big enough concern that he'd trade a VLT for it.....

But I'm glad to know that all you wayward sociopathic Jet fans are right here in the ward with me. I hope there comes a time when the team is massively successful and we'll have to search each other out with some sort of SOJF signal, as that term will be meaningless to fans who have tasted success.

On second thought-- I clearly stayed in the Army too damn long. There is no way a sane person would enjoy this kind of unyeilding suffering.

20. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

Good read THM but no one can tell me a fan of our catastrophe is here because we win ...

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.