The official crap on McCagnan thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jetfannerd, Oct 3, 2016.

1. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

The fact that Mac signed Fitz to a 12 million dollar deal that will cost us against the cap next year as well, when he could have told him 6-8 million take it or leave it is a huge blemish on not only his negotiating ability but his talent evaluation as well.

Red Menace likes this.
  2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Glad stokes is back now.

He is back right? Surely the mods let him back now that they let this one back?

3. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Totally agree, Mac is not the problem. Right now it's the CS that seems clueless and that is a big concern. TB seems to have regressed. OC while better then what we have had seems to abandon the run to early to often. The DC should be fired today... he has brought nothing to the table. The secondary play is inexcusable and I blame the schemes and the coaching... agin he should go.

4. WhySheldonWhy?

Except he clearly would not have gotten him and wasn't comfortable starting geno

5. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

So apparently you are happy we got him instead of spending the money on another need, regardless of starting Geno or Petty the results this year would not have been enough of a difference to warrant that kind of payday.

The fact that he did not realize this is telling.

I am not saying fire him or anything that extreme, but he fucked this off season up royally with not only the Fitz signing but the entire way it played out.

King Koopa likes this.
  6. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Who the fuck is Brandon Shell

7. jetfannerd

jetfannerd Trolls

I liked Mac until the Hackenberg pick. How could you possibly draft a QB who couldn't deal with the pass rush in college in the 2nd round. That pick proves that he doesn't know what he's doing.

8. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Honeymoon is over.

9. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Too soon for a verdict on Bowles. I like Mac too and they seem to have the talent.

10. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Line was not a problem until yesterday

11. Jedabe

Jedabe Active Member

I'm seeing a lot of people getting on Mac for passing up on Lynch but isn't this an overreaction? We have no idea what we actually have in Hack and you'd think Lynch was a hall of famer from the way people talk rather than a guy who had a solid half of a game playing for the best team in the league against the fucking dog shit Buccaneers.

12. jetfannerd

jetfannerd Trolls

Lynch is more of an NFL QB than anybody we have on this roster.

13. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

TB's coaching staff was handpicked and for some reason two primary people I have issue with is Kacy Rodgers and Joe Danna (DB's coach). The defense as a whole is underperforming, and our secondary seems to have a few busts every game resulting in huge plays, and touchdowns. As for Gailey, no one can overcome fitzpatrick's play. No matter the gameplan, Fitz will make things look dreadful. Not to mention, Fitz has not only thrown picks but he has also thrown behind receivers... had he lead the receiver, we may have another win or 2 versus being 1-3

MoWilkBeast likes this.
  14. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

Losing three in a row will do that around here.....

15. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

The majority of the secondary and Fitzpatrick are all Maccaghan signs which makes him the problem. Bad coaching only makes it worse.

16. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

I agree with this on the defensive side. The defensive CS really doesn't seem to have any idea how to fix the mess they have for a secondary and that, after all is their job. On the offensive side though, I have to disagree a bit. The play calling has been downright mind baffling at times, and sure as hell isn't putting us in the best position in the red zone or on 3rd down. Too many offensive penalties killing drives and clock management issues. Not that Fitz hasn't contributed his share of bad throws, because he has, but a lot of his picks are thrown late in games when the game is already gone and he is trying to make something happen out of desperation. Lots of quarterbacks throw picks under those circumstances. I don't really care about those, but the truely stupid ones, like the one to Richard Sherman yesterday the turned the game, are totally on Fitz. Right now, anybody with even a decent passing game is capable of kicking our ass.

17. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I know he's hurt, but I wonder what this team would have looked like early on with Ivory still pounding the rock. He may have only been good for a few early games in the season, but that would have helped out a lot and perhaps made getting Forte unnecessary since we already had Powell. Letting Ivory walk may have been the critical error of 2016 for MacDaKnife

18. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

19. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

He's the guy that got Petty injured in the preseason.

Red Menace likes this.
  20. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Did I miss a game?