B Marshall = Awful

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by supersonic, Sep 26, 2016.

1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Who has been better? Keyshawn? Chrebet? Coles? Moss? Holmes? No. He is the clear #1 to me.

2. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

Damn dude! I thought that I had experienced my share of injuries thru sports, hard labor, and 4 different car wrecks. I don't know your age, but I'm sure we can relate to the day to day pain we suffer from. I need left thumb, left shoulder surgery, and both knees replaced. I just stopped playing semi pro softball 8 years ago, due to a blown left quad that was repaired, but stopped all running activity.

3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

YIKES! :eek: Sorry to hear that!

4. NCJetsfan

I think Maynard, Toon, Sauer and Walker were more reliable in terms of not dropping passes. Sauer and Walker weren't #1 WRs. I do think that Maynard and Toon were better, but B. Marshall is the best we've had since then. The drops are puzzling and frustrating, but I'm still darned glad we have him. We never would have had the season we did last year without him.

tomdeb likes this.
  5. supersonic

supersonic Well-Known Member

I'd say Key and Chrebet were both more secure targets.

6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

In 1998 Keyshawn caught everything that came near him. He was head and shoulders better than this current version of Marshall. Fucking guy made Vinny look great.

But if you're into making bold statements, this is arguably the most talented WR corps the Jets have ever had.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  7. The Dark Knight

That's fair. Marshall was clearly great in 2015, but perhaps the absence of a true #1 WR for almost 20 years made him look even better to Jets fans. Slow start to 2016, but I still believe in him .

8. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

B Marsh is way down the list of things to worry about.

As long as his head is screwed on straight... he'll be fine.

I'm more concerned with Fitzpathetic...

9. nycarl

nycarl Active Member

I think breaking the team's season receptions and yardage records while tieing the team TD record that dates to 1960 is what made him look good to Jets fans.

10. The Dark Knight

What are you telling me for? I said he is the best! :D:D:D

11. NotSatoshiNakamoto

that's not good enough.

12. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

B Marshall = the only reason the Jets are in this game. Going against a corner who's shut everyone down all year.

There are plenty (plenty) of players on this team you can scapegoat. He isn't one of them.

Freddy Mondo likes this.
  13. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

It's 50-50 either he makes a great catch or drops\trips himself. Need more of the former.

14. DanR

DanR Active Member

This thread shouldn't have been bumped. There's a list of problems with the Jets today and Marshall may not even be on the list. I know his route running needs improvement but out secondary are rabid Seahawks fans in disguise.

15. supersonic

supersonic Well-Known Member

Bump...update.

This week. Falling down twice bc you are cutting off the wrong foot. Both calls it out as a 'pop warner' mistake. Quitting on your route. Geez.

#55 supersonic, Oct 3, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
  16. Aewhistory

Aewhistory Well-Known Member

Thanks, although I am very sorry to hear about your back problems. I hope that your pain is under control. As for me, I got Lyme disease in 2002 but it wasn't identified until 2013. I've become something of an advocate for trying to let people know about the disease because of how important it is to identify it early.

For example, everyone thinks that the Bull's Eye rash is the standard indicator for Lyme. While everyone who gets that rash seems to have Lyme it is NOT true that everyone who gets Lyme gets the rash. So people will say, "if I didn't get the rash I don't have Lyme." That is NOT true and can lead to a delay in treatment. If you get bit by a tick, remove it and SAVE IT! Send the tick to be tested. Meanwhile get to a doctor. In the meantime, if you develop a bull's eye rash then you got Lyme. If you didn't then you may or may not have Lyme. Either way, get to a fucking doctor or you run the risk of a lifetime of debilitation.

17. NCJetsfan

Thanks. Yes, the pain is manageable with Aleve or Advil or even without taking one of them. The major problem I have is that since the nerve is still somewhat inflamed and not fully healed, it causes muscle weakness and coordination issues. Sometimes the muscles just lock up suddenly and it can throw me off balance. I've actually fallen a couple of times due to that and almost fallen countless other times. At least it's finally healed enough for me to get back to the gym and start building the strength back in my core and right leg, and that's helping with balance, coordination, fatigue, and pain.

18. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

Any chance the Jets can trade Marshall before the dealine? He is on pace for 72 catches and 1100 yards, so he should have value to other teams. He has one more year left on his contract at 7.5M, not guaranteed, so he is a low risk move.

19. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Maynard, toon and walker for sure and wasn't walker blind in one eye too?

20. NCJetsfan

Yes, he was