Fitz, Flop & Fly

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Altoona, Oct 1, 2016.

1. Altoona

Altoona Well-Known Member

In the week since the KC disaster, we've had a little time to first react and then reflect upon what went wrong. While most of the blame was placed squarely upon Fitzpatrick's shoulders (and he has taken fully responsibility for the same) the failures of both Brandon Marshall and Decker to get any meaningful separation,(mostly due to the effects of their respective injuries) particularly in the red zone, played at least an equal if not greater part in our inability to score points. The premature abandonment of the running game was also a bad decision by the CS. Obviously, Fitzpatrick, clearly driven by competitive desperation, didn't have to make the ill advised passes he did. Faced with the alternative of intentionally throwing the ball away or taking a sack, Fitz stubbornly kept trying to make something out of nothing and we suffered the consequences accordingly.

I'm hoping that our o-line continues to do a good job and that Marshall is as healthy as he says he is. I see a solid bounce-back for Fitz and Marshall as well as big day for both Enunwa and Anderson.

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I already know who Fitz is and what his limitations are, my main problem with last game is that Gailey apparently DIDN'T, and that's a huge problem. The game was within reach for most of the second and third quarters and the offensive gameplan for that entire stretch seemed to be run Forte up the middle for a play and then chuck and duck.

The Chiefs obviously did their homework on the Jets defense and Gailey spent all day attacking the strengths of the KC defense.

Say what you want about the players, but that game was lost in the coaches room the entire week prior to Sunday.

3. stevejets38

stevejets38 Active Member

you guys obviously don't know the concept of being double covered, if ur double covered u aint open, fitz doesn't have the arm strength to put it in a small window, reguardless of what trent green was saying about him having a strong arm, what fucking game was he watching, noodle arm is the right words, and the other problem is that fitz doesn't go thru his progressions , he stares at a guy and hesitates to throw, and the third problem is we have injured players, and the secondary blows and david harris cant cover, put all those together and what do u have , a 1-15 season

4. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

I've never seen people try to make so many excuses for a QB who threw SIX picks in a game

Gailey didn't have a good game and either did the 2 starting receivers but come on

Fitz better bounce back or this thing could fall off the tracks real soon

5. BuzzKillington

I wish Geno Smith didn't suck.

Then we'd be able to bench Fitzpatrick.

But, he does, so we can't.

PennyRoyal10 likes this.
  6. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Most interceptions Geno has thrown in a game is 3. Fitz has done 4 or more 4 times.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

7. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Well that settles it. Geno doesn't blow. Oh wait, nevermind

8. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

The problem that the jets will be facing is the same one they faced against KC. It's a copy cat league, the Seahawks are going to see what the zone with bracket coverage did to Fitz and they will employ a similar defensive scheme.

The jets are a pass heavy offensive team, even when they should be running, Gailey passes, but that is what many jet fans wanted and it did work out last year against the lower tiered teams in the league but it's not proving to be a successful formula early in the season.

Honestly I'm taking a wait and see attitude because they went through a 1-4 stretch last year and while it cost them the playoffs they did turn it around.

9. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Not as bad as Fitz.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

JetLifeLo likes this.
  10. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Lol

So since Geno has never thrown 6 INTs in a game he's the better QB?

#10 NotSatoshiNakamoto, Oct 1, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
  11. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Totally and absolutely agree. Gailey on the fly adjustments never materialized, did not change his game plan at all during the debacle, kept 2 wounded soldiers on the field entirely too long, neglected to bring in a change of pace with Robbie, and of course Fitz added a ton of salt to the wounds by his incredibly irresponsible attempts into triple coverage.
    All in all bad coaching, and worst execution.

12. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

The real question for me is simply this. If Fitz plays the first half as poorly as he did last week, are the coaches going to show some cojones and yank his ass out or are we going to ride the same dead horse in the second half. Like Geno or not, there is no way in hell he would have played as poorly as Fitz did last week. And that says it all. It was beyond pathetic.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  13. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I don't know how this Sunday will churn out, but IF the Jets have a bounce back game at home against a hobbled Seattle team, AND the Pats finally fall down going to their 4th QB (who is also their leading WR), THEN we will be one game back with 2 h2h games coming up against the leader. Our future would still be in our hands, won't need any help.

On the other hand, if we lose........

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  14. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I haven't rewatched the game but it seemed to me (before the late batch of INTs) that Fitz was stuck on his first read for most of the game last week. I swear he's done this before when he's had bad games.

It's when he's moving around the pocket and going through his reads he's good. I wonder if he's the type to read his own press clippings and think he can do whatever after having a good game or season. There must be some explanation for his consistently inconsistent career.

15. Altoona

Altoona Well-Known Member

Can't disagree with any of that.....

JetLifeLo likes this.
  16. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Lol what? They already said jimmy G is starting

17. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Run Run Run tomorrow

A heavy dose of Forte and Powell

Fitz needs to get confidence back with a few completions

I say we win a close one

18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Who's making excuses? Fitz is a backup QB who doesn't deserve 2mil much less 12. I know who he is.

But apparently Gailey, who was instrumental in getting Fitz signed as a franchise QB in Buffalo, still hasn't figured out who the guy is.

Maybe you are the one who needs to stop making excuses.

19. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

We're the Jets, we know exactly how this plays out, unfortunately.

20. Faux machine

Faux machine Well-Known Member

I honestly don't know why anyone is surprised by any of this. It's not like we haven't seen Gailey's offense and Fitz play in Buffalo.