Relax the sky isn't falling

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Sep 26, 2016.

1. IsmokePot

IsmokePot Active Member

Not literally talking pump fakes, misdirection plays trick them so badly in the run game. They also over pursue everything, it's insane.

2. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

from 2014 to this year? yes
    2014 6th overall
    2015 4th overall
    2016 19th overall

Now i do expect us to climb up higher, but I don't think we'll match the 6th or 4th overall. I think we finish the season 8-10th

For defense
    2014 22nd
    2015 10th
    2016 10th

I think we can hit around top 8 on offense as well. I'm surprised we are still top 10 after the disaster against the chiefs

3. richieC

richieC Active Member

I still have hope for the season, but to say the defense was dominant is incorrect. Defense cut shredded by slants and crossing routes. Kelce owned us; after he caught the ball ( which was often ) was impossible to bring down. Seemed to be a man amongst boys. Once the Chiefs were up 14, their offense became more conservative in 2nd half. Chiefs' offense didn't need to take any risks.

4. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

again.... dont confuse being old with being "win now"

i agree alot of our best players and highest paid players are older. but that just makes us old. being win-now also means that those older/best guys are good enough to win. which in our case, is not true.

we have a bottom 10 qb. that wont cut it unless youre flawless everywhere else. we are not. it wont cut it without a great coach. we do not have one.

this isnt a win now team, its a team in transition/rebuild.

5. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Disagree. Last year you could say that. New coach, new QB, some new players, etc. However, in the NFL, with free agency, you can't be in rebuild mode forever. Now Bowles is coming off a 10-6 year. Granted that Fitzgerald is far from the best QBs in the league, but this is the guy that Bowles said he wanted back to lead the team. Yes, there were a few FA and retirement loses, but those were minimal compared to other team's loses. Bowles has most of the key players from last year returning, especially on defense. The difficulty of the schedule can't be an issue. Minimum expectation this season is a playoff berth, anything less is a failed season.

6. Altoona

Altoona Well-Known Member

Very funny & clever!!

7. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

My basic contention is that, as far as head coaches are concerned, in today's NFL, all teams are "win-now" teams.

But, don't worry, with the way this team is going, Bowles won't have to worry about that for much longer.

8. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

LOL - read my post again. 2015 IS NOT equal to 2016.

9. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

last years was fools gold but no one wanted to listed. we werent a good team last year. we were a 7-8 win team that had an inflated win total due to a cupcake schedule and facing alot of teams with qb injuries or bad qbs.

last years team was never very good. it was a below average team that got a ton of luck (schedule, injured opposing qbs, alot of potential fitz interceptions were dropped, we stayed healthy, etc)

we are the same 7 win type team we were last year, only isntead of an easy schedule and no injuries we have a tough schedule and some injuries. so instead of 10-6 its probably 6-10 or 5-11

10. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

Well, if the sky wasn't falling last weekend, then it certainly is now. This is called dire straits what the Jets are in right now. I personally believe this team has already missed out on the playoffs, but if this losing streak continues then I can see much more bad things happening like the CS gets their walking papers and rebuilding is mentioned again.............

11. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I believe we should be using the past tense here. The sky HAS fallen..

12. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

This!

Losing to Pittsburgh next weak would make us 1-4.

They are currently tearing apart a Kansas City team that we couldn't move the ball against.

13. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

At this rate I can't see us even beating the Browns ...

14. IsmokePot

IsmokePot Active Member

Browns have a much better offense, defenses bout the same. Browns have a real head coach however.

15. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

1-5 staring straight at us

16. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I'll see your 1-5 and raise you one.... 1-6 and counting.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  17. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

What I said when I first saw the schedule, not that I am any too happy about it.

18. JDeacon

JDeacon Well-Known Member

If we go 1-6 we should go into total tank mode so that in the offseason we can rebuild this offensive line and maybe get our hands on an outside passrusher.

Unfortunately we are the jets and we will finish 7-9 and pick a corner in the first...

19. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

I think we should tank because as payback to the NFL because we totally got screwed by the schedule makers. I get the fact that almost all of these teams on the schedule are already picked, but what I don't get is we get these teams all back to back like this. We have the hardest first 7 weeks in the league and going 1-6, 2-5 basically takes the wind out of a teams sails, it doesn't matter if they've got cupcake teams to play afterwards. Mail the season in like the Colts do whenever they need a new QB and go from there.

20. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

don't worry - once we're at 1-6, Bowels will have lost the locker room and it's a free fall from there...