B Marshall = Awful

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by supersonic, Sep 26, 2016.

1. supersonic

supersonic Well-Known Member

Apologists. He wasn't hurt in the first game when he dropped a critical 3 down conversion. He had another one in the second game before he was hurt. Then he aligator arms another big gainer this week. 3 games in a row. Embarrassing. Chrebet dropped less clutch balls in his career than Marshall has in the last 3 weeks. Piss poor.

TNJet likes this.
  2. Altoona

Altoona Well-Known Member

Pain sucks. My left hip is completely bone to bone with zero cartilage remaining and several spurs which may be a by product or cause of the cartilage loss. About 50% left in my right hip. While I was naturally much quicker in my teens up into my late thirties, I was still able to run the 40 in 4.8-4.9 until my early fifties. Now I walk like a cross between the Elephant Man and Quasimodo. difficult to stand, sit, walk or even lie down (except flat on my back) for any extended period of time. Cracked three ribs in 1976 scrimmage against State Champs Garden City High getting speared on a late hit by a LB after the whistle was blown and was flipping the ball to the ref. Partially tore my right ACL and meniscus playing semi-pro soccer in 1979. Suffered a traumatic closed head injury and herniated 4 discs when I was hit from behind by a car traveling at 40+ MPH while sitting at a stoplight on my donorcycle. Left shoulder labrum shredded from dislocation incurred skiing the World Cup Downhill course at Aspen in 1984 compounded over time by years of wear and tear from working out. Marrow leakage at bone cap and arthritis in both shoulders. Dislocated left elbow in 1987. Two high ankle sprains (thought I broke my ankle the first time). One major hamstring tear. Having hip resurfacing (as opposed to "replacement") surgery in October. Can't wait.....

If Marshall isn't risking further injury to his knee, even with diminished speed, he still can offer value on a variety of plays not to mention as a decoy. If he's unable to perform to the extent that he'd be a detriment or liability to the team and/or himself, I feel pretty confident the CS and team doctors wouldn't let him play.

#22 Altoona, Sep 28, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
  3. supersonic

Anyone who is willing to accept clutch drops and aligator arms from their star number 1 reciever, is also willing to accept mediocrity and losses. May that is why you are all Jets fans. I don't doubt he is playing through pain. There is no player in the NFL who isn't. But if he wants to be the #1 and paid like the #1 and get all the benefits of the #1 he can't be blowing clutch opportunities.

The Jets as a whole have been sloppy with the ball all season. The number of fumbles is ridiculous, the ball is constantly on the ground by way of fumbles and drops and now interceptions. Bowles is mostly to blame for this. If this were Parcells or Belicheck those guys would be walking scared and offenders would be on the bench. Worse, B. Marshall is suppose to be a leader and to set the tone. J. Marshall??? His ass should be riding the pine. There is no way as a HC you can allow some no name rookie to set the tone that it ok to put the ball on the ground. Once it is OK for one guy to have fubleitis, it is ok for everyone. Time to quarantine that disease.

4. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Brandon Marshall has been very good for us , but he cost us the playoffs last year in Philly with his shenanigans and he is a drive killer with his drops. He needs to get healthy and then come back. Why they ignored Decker and didn't play Anderson much is beyond me.

5. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Seems to me the offense runs through Marshall and we're pretty fucked if he's injured for any length of time.

6. IsmokePot

IsmokePot Active Member

Marshall has always dropped balls, his entire career. We knew this when we traded for him, now you are ready to bench him for this? Why even grab him to begin with if that is the thought process.

Jay Bizniss likes this.
  7. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

If anything, Fitzpatrick should GIVE half of his $12M salary to Marshall for getting Fitz the new contract. Marshall saved Fitz's butt so many times last year, whether he is stealing the ball from the DB after a pick, or making acrobatic catches on poorly thrown passes and turning them into TDs. Marshall is a warrior, Fitzpatrick a journeyman.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  8. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

I am sorry to hear about YOUR medical situation! You, Abraham94, TNJet, and REX MUST GO (although REX I think left when Rex left) are my 4 favorites on this message board. Take care!

9. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

Marshall always has a 2-3 game stretch where he just completely stinks. Where he costs us a game or two with his drops and fumbles and whatnot. But he always turns it around and plays well enough the rest of the year for people to consider him one of the top receivers in the game. Stop overreacting, don't act like this has never happened before. It happens every season with Marshall, get over it.

10. NJrocket24

NJrocket24 Well-Known Member

All current players on the NYJ= Awful

There that covers everyone. There should be no need for x player is a bust, awful or waste of money etc.

No more stupid posts

HomeoftheJets and NCJetsfan like this.
  11. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Marshall is the best Jets WR I have seen in my entire life. I don't understand why you made this thread.

rikj99 likes this.
  12. supersonic

H
    Lets not retire his number yet. He has had one good year with us. He drops are bad but his CLUTCH drop are worse. He is a better receiver than Decker. But in the clutch, at this point. Deck is my guy.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Thanks, Tom!

14. nyjetsknicks247

nyjetsknicks247 Well-Known Member

Bet you weren't saying any of this last year when he had 1400 yards and what 14 tds. Fuck outa here

15. nyjetsknicks247

nyjetsknicks247 Well-Known Member

Decker can't stay healthy

16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Your "best I have ever seen in my entire life" list is weak garbage that isn't easily remarked upon without ridicule.

17. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Just think about it this way, would you rather have him on your team or not.
    I think its a no brainer

18. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

How is this thread still alive?

19. rikj99

rikj99 Member

Agreed, not the best in my lifetime, but by far and away the best WR the Jets have had in two decades plus some, (gotta love Toon and Walker combo in the 80's) I have absolutely no problems in retaining Marshall warts and all and lets be honest we are only a week removed from everyone banging on about how this is the greatest set of offensive weapons the Jets have had in years along with threads about the Jets having the best 1-2 WR punch in the NFL.

The knee jerk reactions I just don't get, it was a horrible game yes, but at least we aren't expecting that every week anymore, at least this kind of performance has become irritating as we expect more from the team. The Jets are better and more competitive than they have been (including last year) since 2009/10.

Lets get behind the players we have through thick and thin, lets beat at least one of the next three teams, then finish the year 9-1 splitting with the Pats :)

I might have just got a little too positive for my own good here lol.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  20. NotSatoshiNakamoto