Fitz handicaps this team

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Martin&theJETS, Sep 25, 2016.

Tags:
  1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

That was the case week 1 big time but yesterday receivers weren't running open.

Idk if it was playcalling or KC's underrated secondary or the fact that they are hurt but there wasn't a whole lot of times when receivers were running open. Fitz threw behind Robby Anderson on a play that should've gone big but other than that he was throwing into traffic but no one was open

2. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Keep perspective on what Fitzpatrick is to this team (the opposite of Geno Smith). Where Geno has all the physical tools, Fitzpatrick has all the intangibles, and is less likely to be a total fuck up. Granted, he absolutely was a total bust against the Chiefs, but bad days happened and he just had one of the worst (immediately after having one of his best).

If Fitz keeps this up, he'll be on the bench, no doubt about it. However, he's earned his spot for now, the Jets don't have anything tied up in him in the long term, and the alternative isn't exactly a slam dunk. He is meant to get the Jets through the year while the young guys develop and that hasn't changed. He makes sense for his contract and anyone who thought we were getting an elite starter out of him was fooling themselves. He's marginal. We know it, the Jets know it. It's not on his shoulders alone.

FlaJet likes this.
  3. zace

zace Well-Known Member

They were getting open, he just wasn't hitting them. I distinctly remember couple of plays where recievers had a step or two and had to come back to the underthrown ball. Fitz stared down guys all game and almost never went to a second read.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

4. zace

zace Well-Known Member

He doesnt have the intagibles either. Im not sure where everyone gets that from. Im not sure how everyone gets this idea that hes less likelu to fuck up. He wasnt great last season, he just had a high amount of tds and defenses dropped a lot of ints. It doesnt matter who any of us like to start, but lets be honest about Fitzpatrick.

5. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

His teammates love and respect him, and follow him. Geno on the other hand managed to get punched in the face. You really think they are equal in the intangibles department?

6. joesixpack

joesixpack New Member

Speaking as a bills fan, I can tell you that the very things you all complain about with Fitz (as do a number of my fellow Bills fans) are the things I enjoyed watching him do. We currently have a QB that suffers from decision paralysis. If you ask me, I'd rather have a QB sling it and make mistakes than eat the ball in the name of avoiding turnovers.

7. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Then you have no idea how to win a football game. Turnovers will doom you.

Red Menace and hornblower like this.
  8. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Thats because they all got drunk on success of the team last season, and forgot who he really was. They Definitely werent saying the same thing at the beginning of last season. Let a few more stinkers happen and youll see people turn on one another.

I stand by my prediction, you will see Fitzpatrick falter badly this season. He got the lucky breaks last season and he wont always get them this season. He coulda easily had multiple 6 pick games last seasom if defenders could catch the ball. But we won some of those games and everyone forgets the terrible decision making all game.

Btw i dont want to see him falter because that means the jets will, but i definitely call what i see.

Red Menace likes this.
  9. joesixpack

joesixpack New Member

That so? Of course a team would like to have a QB who guns it all over with no turnovers. But to not pass it at all due to turnover paralysis is a FAR worse fate. It leads to stacked boxes, no running game and a stifled offense.

10. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Theres always been a direct correlation between winning and turnovers. That can never be argued. You cant just sling it and say hell with it. Decent to good teams will kill you.

hornblower likes this.
  11. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Yesterday's performance was the worst Jets QB performance I've seen in 30+ years of watching this team. The defense played well enough to win that game but the ridiculous thing is until that last INT return for a TD they still had a real chance to tie that game. He was locked on to guys all day and maybe it was because he didn't trust Marshall's health so he panicked but whatever it is we are in big trouble, 1-2 with 2 conference losses to 2 teams that are going to be in the playoff hunt. This has all the makings of a 5-6 win season.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  12. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Worse than Bubby Brister?

Red Menace likes this.
  13. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Bubby was consistently shitty but yesterday's was the worst single game I've ever seen, even Sanchez had mis moments in the butt fumble game.

14. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Did it really? It didn't seem to be an issue last game.

15. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Second worst IMO. Geno's three INTs in the first three series against Buffalo was worse.

16. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

QBs with intangibles know to slide and not throw 5 2nd half INTs.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  17. dstewstar

dstewstar Member

Didn't Geno go 8-8 with the pizza delivery guy and the Walmart Electronics Associate playing wide receiver? He will not get another shot because he got de-grilled?

Alright, with Fitz we will win one, lose one, win one, lose two. Get where I am going with this. The better teams with the better defenses will know Fitz's weaknesses and sit on the back shoulder throws and underneath routes. Notice how late in games he throws crucial interceptions. Why? Because you go with your comfort zone, so the DBs know they will get a chance to bait Fitz into his comfortable throws. Just a thought.

18. Martin&theJETS

How many under throws is that today? I count at least two that would have put 14 points on the board.

19. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

He's 16/26 for 200+ yards a touchdown and no turnovers against the best secondary in the NFL...

20. Martin&theJETS

The point is those under throws are going to cost us the game.