Resigning Fitzpatrick was a major mistake

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Greenday4537, Sep 11, 2016.

1. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

We should have never brought Fitz back. Geno in a contract year after sitting out all last year would have been a way better decision. Honestly probably the 2nd worst decision this FO has made. First was bringing back my least favorite Jet (Mevi$)

2. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

We won 10 games with this QB in 2015.

More wins than 2014
    More wins than 2013
    More wins than 2012
    More wins than 2011
    1 less win than 2010
    More wins than 2009
    More wins than 2008
    More wins than 2007

But bringing him back for 2016 with the same receivers was a "major mistake"? Really??
    Ok ... Uh huh. That doesn't sound stupid at all. Makes perfect sense.

Why would the Jets ever want to sign a guy who led us to more wins last season, than we've had in 8 of the last 9 years? Why would we want THAT guy, when we could have signed ... Uhhhh .... Ummmm ...

What were they thinking???!!!

SMH

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I know that none of them are leading this team to the playoffs this season. So I think Petty should start.

He's the only one with upside.

Cman68 and Red Menace like this.
  4. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

I'm not sure Petty is healthy enough to go tho....which was kind of my point.
    options really limited.

I'd stick with Fitz till we are out of playoff hunt, or if Petty gets healthy AND Fitz continues with poor outings..

Defense needs to play up to their potential, and coaching needs to get better in meantime.

richieC likes this.
  5. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

We agree on that at least.

6. WhySoSerious488

WhySoSerious488 Well-Known Member

He was good last season but in 2 of the 3 games this season he has not been. These 3 games more closely resemble the inconsistency in his career than the second half of last season, where he had an unchacarteristically strong stretch of games. He is in the bottom tier of starters. If next week goes bad, Bowles might have to consider shaking things up

7. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

I would start Geno now and by the time Petty is 100% healthy we can either continue to play with Geno or move on to Petty for the rest of the season

One more week of Fitz...fine but that's it

8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

You're coming up in the world.

9. VegasMav

VegasMav Well-Known Member

It's becoming more and more obvious that FitzTragic is just a journeyman QB. Never thought the Jets should've paid him what they did. I am starting to think the Todd Bowles is just an average joe and has no emotion to run this team. Why couldn't this team give a second year QB a chance to prove himself. Quite a few teams are successful with first year QBs and yet the Jets fall in love with a QB that can't throw the deep ball undermining our WRs. Don't give me the bullshit that FitzTragic has the record for most TDs than any other QB in Jets history, because honestly, it don't mean shit if you can't win games, especially ones that would've put you in the playoffs.

We need to cut Fitztragic.

10. IsmokePot

IsmokePot Active Member

Petty fans = baby sitters club. The ball bounced the wrong way for fitz today, too many Deflections. Half the picks not his fault, let's move on to Seattle.

11. Dreadmadseen

Dreadmadseen Active Member

His throws are batted at the line a lot, remember that New England game where almost every pass was batted by one player. Yeah he's magic alright!

VegasMav likes this.
  12. Thewatchfuleye

Thewatchfuleye Active Member

I think that's a result of his throwing motion.

Still Fitz was only part of much larger scale problems that need to be corrected ASAP if this team hopes on doing anything. I put a lot of blame in the play calling. It's no secret to anyone this is exactly what Fitz does every time he gets in these situations, yet you continue to allow it to happen without really changing up any routes?

13. James Hasty

You are clearly smoking pot.

VegasMav likes this.
  14. tank7501

tank7501 Member

Are you forgetting the two dropped picks that were literally in the hands of the cornerbacks but just couldn't be held onto?

Fits played horrible and forced every throw. He's lucky he only threw 6 interceptions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. James Hasty

Whether it was Fitz, Bowles, or Bailey who was making the decisions, the consistent failure to feed the ball to Matt Forte is the difference between three rushing TDs last week and 6 INTs this week.

Thewatchfuleye likes this.
  16. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Fitz back into a pumpkin

Red Menace and cval like this.
  17. max

max Active Member

Took a quick look through all of fitz's game logs going back to the 2012 season just to confirm my assumptions and I was right. Going back to 2012 Fitzpatrick has a total of 4 wins vs. top 10 ranked defenses. 2 of those 4 wins are against the New York Jets . . .

The dude has major problems playing against good defenses and with his lack of the physical attributes you'd want in a great quarterback, he tries to compensate with risky play.

Go back to yesterdays game. If he doesn't throw those 2 (sanchez-esque) red zone picks and we come away with field goals that game is 9-17 in the 4 quarter with team moral being that much higher and us having a much better shot and stealing one on the road.

Fruit for thought ... Prescott, Wentz, Brissett and Kessler, all who are rookie qbs, have not thrown a pick

VegasMav likes this.
  18. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Many of us were saying the same thing all summer but were labeled Geno-Bots or some other shit by people that think they know more about football than they do

A guy like Fitz is a backup...He is way too inconsistent and like you said, is horrible against good defenses and always has been

It was never about handing Geno the job...All I wanted was to move on from this bum in Fitz and let Petty and Geno battle it out

Atleast we would have had some clarity....now it's probably another year wasted

VegasMav and FJF like this.
  19. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Hahahaha, did you see that pick 6 where he threw it to Powell? Quincy was wide open, so was Robbie Anderson. Fitz is awful at making reads and I don't think that will change come next week against an even better defense.

20. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member