Great mentor for Hackenberg and Petty my ass

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jets12, Sep 25, 2016.

1. jets12

jets12 Active Member

This franchise is a joke starting with Bowles, his hand selected coaches and the loser QB that the front office insisted that we had to have.

2. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

It's difficult to be a mentor when Eric Berry intercepts your clipboard.

Jets69 and stinkyB like this.
  3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

awesome thread

NotSatoshiNakamoto likes this.
  4. Jeremy2020

Jeremy2020 Active Member

well, he can mentor them and they can do the opposite of everything he says

5. GangGreenTay

GangGreenTay Active Member

I miss Sanchez :(

6. DefenseWinsChampionships

Fitzpatrick goes from one of the best performances @ Buffalo to the next week one of the worst Jet performances of All-Time throwing not one, not two, not three, not four, not five but six interceptions one being returned for a TD two being thrown inside the red zone (10 yard line).

Bench him.

zace, kevda5n9ne and Martin&theJETS like this.
  7. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Your thread title "great mentor" was the most laughable of the points the pro Fitz camp was claiming when they were clamoring for the Jets to sign him.

zace likes this.
  8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

He should have benched Fitz after his 3rd interception. I'm really starting to think that Bowles needs to go at the end of the season. There was no excuse for today, and I don't see the adjustments this season that I saw last season, his game management, play calling, preparation of the team, etc., all seem to be regressing.

#8 NCJetsfan, Sep 25, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
    Jets69, FlaJet, kevda5n9ne and 4 others like this.
  9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Not sure if Bowles was reluctant to bench Fitz because of the contract but Fitz should have been benched at some point during this game if for no other reason, give him time to get his shit together. Bowles could have helped to by calling the occasional TO when shit started to spiral out of control.

CBG, kevda5n9ne, stinkyB and 2 others like this.
  10. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

While agree that he should have been benched, the only reason the jets are in this mess is because the GM over estimated Ryan Fitpatrick ability as a QB, he has been average to below average his whole career.

Nothing that TB does with him is going to eliminate that. The offense is Gaileys Scheme, can TB change that?

I'm not sure he can, it was a bad game but maybe just maybe Mac is the one to blame for this, allowing himself to be held hostage by a terrible QB that deceived the Jets into that terrible contract.

The TIme out issues still aggravates me with TB, but the turnovers killed them, I'm pissed because they managed to get into the RZ, just like week one against Cincy, Fitz just could not convert those opportunities into TDs.

This one is on Fitz, he has proven to be good at the one thing he has shown to be all his career, consistently inconsistent.

I'm moving on to next week.

11. NCJetsfan

I don't think it's Mac's fault or that Mac was fooled and overestimated Fitz. If he did overestimate Fitz, then the hope for the future we're feeling may be a mirage and we're possibly all screwed. I think he knew what he was getting with Fitz. Either Mac or Bowles, perhaps both, didn't trust Geno and thought they'd get killed by the media and fans if they went into the season with an unproven Petty at backup and Geno as the starter. He really didn't have many other choices. I guess he could have traded the ranch and traded up for Wentz, but may not have been able to. Another possibility is trading for Bradford, but I don't think we had the cap space for that.

The offense worked just fine last week, vs Cincy in game 1 and most of last season. The offense isn't the problem. From the sounds of it, the play calling was a problem today, but the bigger problem was Fitz's non-execution of the offense. After 3 picks and Fitz's history, it should have been glaringly apparent that the Jets weren't going to win with him at QB today. I understand loyalty to your starting QB, but that's taking it too far if you know it's going to mean a loss in a game you can win.

Red Menace likes this.
  12. Red Menace

He gave him 12 million dollars, which is more than what he originally offered him.

If Mac and TB are letting the media affect their personnel decision making, then they both need to be let go on Monday.

I know bad games happen, look at Pitt, they were shellacked by the Eagles, you and I have seen our share as jet fans.

This game was a travesty, receivers were open as has been the case all season. Fitz is just not going to take this team to the next level.

Next week he faces another stout defense, what are they going to do against the Seattle team? He might throw another 4 ints.

#12 Red Menace, Sep 25, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
  13. NCJetsfan

I disagree with the bolded sentence. They're human and you know as well as I how rabid and impatient both this fanbase and the media are. I don't think there's much of any way in this situation (the Jets' history) and in NYC that it's not going to affect their decision making on some level. A Parcells it wouldn't, but how many of him are there walking around? A GM or HC at the top of his game (and confidence) isn't going to be sitting home on his sofa for the Jets to hire. Besides, they know better than we do Geno's frailties and foibles. If most of us didn't think Geno should have gotten the call at QB this season and wanted Fitz back, what do you think Mac and TB thought?

Red Menace likes this.
  14. Christian

Christian Active Member

It'd a great learning experience for Petty and Hackenberg if Fitz bounces back next week. Let them learn what it takes to bounce back from a bad game and deal with adversity.

hornblower, FlaJet, Cman68 and 2 others like this.
  15. ChrebetCrunch

ChrebetCrunch Well-Known Member

A loss is a loss. Zero interceptions or six. When you are playing from behind, you have to force passes that you normally wouldn't attempt. Fitz had a disaster of a game, but so did our defense. We couldn't stop a runny nose. Yes, Fitz shit the bed, but he can't cover Kelce, and he can't keep Jalin Marshall from fumbling the ball right into the hands of a Chief.

hornblower and FlaJet like this.
  16. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I can't believe he wasn't benched yesterday ... so disappointed in Bowles

FJF likes this.
  17. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

Fitz is Fitz. Nothing worse and nothing better. The only reason we signed him (IMO) was to see if in fact he could lead us to the next level or not and we had nothing better on the roster. Fact is he is a very smart QB who is a great mentor for our young qb's. Yes, even Geno can learn from him. It's a 1 year contract so it's not that bad of a deal.

AJW and hornblower like this.
  18. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

We have to hope Hackenberg is the real deal or it will yet again set this organization back more years. This is a QB driven league now.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

FlaJet likes this.
  19. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

There's more value long-term for the team enduring Hack tossing 6 INTs than there is Fitz.

Red Menace likes this.
  20. Red Menace

If the jets are going 4-12 I would rather it be with one of the young guys. What purpose does it seve to know that they are going to go no where with Fitz?

AJW, FlaJet and CBG like this.