Resigning Fitzpatrick was a major mistake

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Greenday4537, Sep 11, 2016.

1. vokab206

vokab206 Well-Known Member

2. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Yep he did a few times but a healthy Marshall dominates more then he did today. You can tell he was a step slow today. Especially on that crossing pattern. We all appreciate the toughness but he clearly wasn't himself today.

zace likes this.
  3. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Here's all I got: Every single time Fitz dropped back to throw last week his first read was open. He got used to that and trying to replicate it ended in repeated disaster today.

zace likes this.
  4. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Last week wasn't a mirage. He completed more passes 15 yards or more downfield than ANY QB in the past twenty years. More than Brady. More than Manning. More than Rodgers. Etc.

His arm strength isn't the problem. He has a good enough NFL arm. Accuracy maybe, but not strength.
    His decision making was ATROCIOUS. His head cost us the game today. Not his arm.
    I don't know WTF he was thinking on most of his throws today. So many of them had NO SHOT at all to be completed.

richieC, dmw, NY Jets68 and 1 other person like this.
  5. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Thats all you need to know. Thats typical Fitz. He threw a lot down field too last week and you can tell his arm was dead from it. You guys who pitched know exactly what im talking about.

He compensates for his lack of arm talent by overthrowing. This is why hes so grossly inaccurate. This is why arm strength matters.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

6. Thewatchfuleye

Thewatchfuleye Active Member

His coach did too. Bowles is too conservative. Then when things get desperate he goes into emergency passing mode.

7. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I'd like to think Fitz's contract doesn't make him bulletproof. His leash should have gotten a helluva lot shorter after today's shitfest. If not, then you know why Fitz will be taking snaps. 12million reasons why..

8. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

I'm proposing a motion to ban anyone that refers to #14 as anything other than Ryan Sixpatrick.

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

He's starting to remind me of Herm...

10. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Anybody who blames this loss on the receivers is delusional. This game is all on the QB period. Worst game by a Jets QB I've ever seen since I started watching this team n 1966, considering the era and the offensive weapons.

11. zace

zace Well-Known Member

No he had below average arm strength dude. Theres no other way to slice it. Theres no qb scout anywhere who will tell you he does. He easily has one of the worst arms in the league.

Have you ever played qb or baseball? Theres a mechanic to throwing and people who dont have great arms have to overcompensate and often at the cost of accuracy. It wears the arm out tho. I think Fitz had his high in week 2 and threw his arm out. He could barely throw the ball 20 yards this week. If he could, he easily coulda 3 or more Tds.

12. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

until we find that guy he is the best we got and unfortunately he will get us close but not into the playoffs. I hope Petty or Hack develops into the guy.

13. rammagen

It was bad but not as bad as Geno and the Bills game. He is what he is sorry but I disagree. Not a good performance by any means but worst? hardly.

14. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

I'll correct myself. It's also partly on the OC who refuses to run in the red zone.

15. Martin&theJETS

He still beat his man multiple times. Sixpatrick just can't move the noodle hard enough.

16. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Geno hasnt throw 6 picks in a game. Dont confuse buffalo for what Fitzpatrick is. I think we should go to petty.

17. Martin&theJETS

There were like 8 in the box though. Worth a shot I guess. But any above average QB doesn't throw 2 INT's in the RZ.

18. rammagen

?
    he is better then what we had on our roster the real question is what does that say about the other qbs on the roster. You can't blame the gm, coaches for the game plan yes, the qb yes but come on, after 1 yr you want to fire everyone? Forget about the other items the coach and gm have done. I am more concerned about the defensive cord because this defense is better then what it played and he put together a crap game plan that let tight ends run all over us and stayed in a zone.

19. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

This clown will get us nowhere....The quicker Bowles realizes it the better

Geno or Petty I dont care who, just not Fitz

20. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

You do know that Petty is still hurt from the preseason correct?