Week 3: Around The League.

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by DefenseWinsChampionships, Sep 22, 2016.

1. DefenseWinsChampionships

It's officially Thursday.

Lots of AFC Matchups coming up this weekend, starting off with the Houston Texans @ N.E Patriots on Thursday Night Football (8:25).

I have no idea if Garoppolo will play or not but nonetheless I've fully prepared myself mentally for another Patriots win, although an N.E loss would have our entire fan base super excited heading into K.C just knowing that a win would put us into 1st place (tied with New England).

Other AFC matchups include...

1:00 - Denver @ K.C. I'll be pulling for the 2-0 Broncos to drop Cincinnati to 1-2 overall (since the Bengals beat us week one). This is the game I'll be watching while awaiting our 4:00 Jets game.

1:00 - Baltimore @ Jacksonville. Would be nice to see the 0-2 Jaguars play up to their potential considering the fact that Baltimore's 2-0.

1:00 - Oakland @ Tennessee. Both teams are 1-1. I'll personally root for Tennessee since Oakland is a sleeper team with a talented roster in which I can picture fighting for a playoff spot.

1:00 - Cleveland @ Miami. Two 0-2 teams is what I call a shitfest of a game.

4:25 - San Diego @ Indianapolis. SD being 1-1 while Indy's 0-2. Imo the sooner Andrew Luck is eliminated from playoff contention, the better, therefore I'd like to see Indy start off 0-3. I'm not a believer in S.D moving forward without Danny Woodhead & Keenan Allen which is why I wouldn't mind seeing the Chargers starting off 2-1.

Then we have two AFC vs. NFC matchups.

1:00 - Arizona @ Buffalo. Arizona got it going last week. Crazier things have happened but it'll be funny watching Buffalo fall to 0-3.

4:25 - Pittsburgh @ Philadelphia. The state of Pennsylvania is home to two 2-0 teams. Would be nice to see a Philly upset with Pittsburgh falling to 2-1.

4:25 - New York Jets @ Kansas City Chiefs. The only game that truly matters. 2-1 is the goal. Losing to Cincinnati wasn't good. A loss to another playoff contender in K.C could be bad regarding playoff tiebreakers. Almost feels like a week 3 playoff game.

Other games consist of...

Minnesota @ Carolina (1:00).
    Detroit @ Green Bay (1:00).
    Redskins @ Giants (1:00).
    San Francisco @ Seattle (4:05).
    Los Angeles @ Tampa Bay (4:05).

Sunday Night Football - Chicago @ Dallas (8:30).

Monday Night Football - Atlanta @ New Orleans (8:30).

(would be nice to see Houston start off week 3 on a positive note).

#1 DefenseWinsChampionships, Sep 22, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
  2. DefenseWinsChampionships

Report: Jacoby Brissett to start for New England; Jimmy Garoppolo not expected to be active. Gronkowski (as of now) is an expected game time decision.

Although being sacked twice, Brissett wasn't bad during his appearance against Miami. He went 6/9 for 92 yards and 0 TD's/0 INT's. The Patriots offense on the other hand went into a complete shell after losing Garoppolo and looked lost with Brissett under center.

With that said he may only be a rookie but he's also an early 3rd rounder. I've learned to not expect N.E loses but I fully expect for Houston to throw exotic blitz schemes with the likes of J.J Watt & Clowney while giving Brissett different/complex looks throughout the entire game.

Really hoping Gronk doesn't play. He'd become the best safety blanket a rookie QB in Brissett could ever ask for.

3. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

If Brissett was smart he looks early and often for Gronk

4. DefenseWinsChampionships

Hopefully his inexperience ends up getting Gronkowski killed out there by setting him up/leading Gronk into big time hits.

Freddy Mondo and NY Jets68 like this.
  5. dawinner127

Take it easyyyyy. I just waited 2 weeks for Gronk to come back for fantasy football purposes.

6. DefenseWinsChampionships

When I used to play Fantasy football I loved it, although I focused more on NFC players. Imo nothing takes away from fan enjoyment more than having to root for certain AFC players; especially a player like Gronk a rival within our division.

But then again maybe that's why my highest finish was 3rd place and on the bubble of the payout.

7. dawinner127

For sure. I'm obviously rooting for the Patsies to lose, but a gronk score here or there wouldn't be the worst thing lol.

Gronk hasn't even sniffed the field yet.

8. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

So this is what it's like to have an oc play to a young QBs strengths

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

FJF likes this.
  9. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Geezus, Brady isn't even playing, but these announcers insist on deep throating him.

10. Woodhead

Woodhead Active Member

Texas looks shaky TD Brisset!

11. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Amazing how NE seems to know the exact defense they're going against so often

HomeoftheJets, FJF and NY Jets68 like this.
  12. mute

mute Well-Known Member

now all NE has to do is stop Hopkins and they win. Pats 3-0... yay :/

13. tubby

tubby Active Member

It's amazing how teams go full retard when they play the pats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Freddy Mondo and mute like this.
  14. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

unbelievable, the best we can hope for is to be tied with them when brady comes back.

15. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Texans are terrible

16. Jedabe

Jedabe Active Member

Osweiler sucks, Pats might go 16-0 although I can see the Seahawks maybe getting them for whatever reason

17. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Should we just give NE the Vince Lombardi Trophy now? I swear between them and the GS Warriors, my interest in those two sports is dying. Baseball may be boring but at least their isn't one ream constantly dominating it.

NYJalltheway likes this.
  18. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

I'm convinced Belicheck can win the AFC East with a sock puppet for a QB. I took the Texans in my football pool. It's early but not looking good.

19. Jedabe

Jedabe Active Member

Good news is the if these same Texans made the Chiefs look bad that bodes well for this Sunday

20. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

That was a pretty moronic pick, bro.