Robby Anderson

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jetsfansince95, Sep 1, 2016.

1. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

Declining? He had 100 yards and played on 1 knee.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

NYJalltheway likes this.
  2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

How many teams' 5th/6th receiver sees the field more than a handful of times per game? We need to relax. He's young and very raw. It's fine if he's not playing 25 snaps in week 2 of his rookie year.

3. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

lmao WHO seems to be declining? Boyyyyyyy....

fansince90 likes this.
  4. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Yeah if you told me Marsh Decker Enunwa and Forte would all have 100 yards in the same game i'd tell you Robby Anderson won't see the time or day in that game. sorry.

5. fansince90

fansince90 Well-Known Member

It seems as if hes no longer the unstoppable red zone target. Maybe hes being defended differently but last week and this week we barely threw to him in the red zone.

6. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Are you suggesting to bench Brandon Marshall for Robby Anderson? Come on, man!

7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Robby isn't getting reps because he'd be taking them from Enunwa, and Quincy is playing lights-out. It sucks that a guy with Robby's potential is buried on the depth chart but it's a pretty nice problem to have.

Freddy Mondo likes this.
  8. TouchyFeely

TouchyFeely Well-Known Member

He'll get out there, knock-on-wood, when one of our guys doesn't show up for one reason or another.

9. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

Love the competition at the back end of the group. Despite everything he showed in training camp he can barely crack the lineup. Speaks a lot to how well Marshall and Enunwa are developing. I wouldn't mind seeing a little something out of Peake, even if it's just on special teams coverage. He had the TD against Jacksonville but has been pretty quiet otherwise.

Either away, throw a healthy Devin Smith in the mix and we have a nice young core emerging at WR.

KurtTheJetsFan and NCJetsfan like this.
  10. nyjetsknicks247

nyjetsknicks247 Well-Known Member

Jets have possibly the best wr duo in the nfl. Why force it to marshall in the red zone when decker is single covered and more attention is on marshall?

11. DefenseWinsChampionships

I agree with 247.

It feels like it's happened out of nowhere but the Jets all of a sudden could very well have the NFL's #1 receiving core.

Marshall & Decker as first and second options. It doesn't get much better than that.

When you factor in Forte's ability to not only catch out of the backfield but also line up as a receiver (very rare) the Jets then feature an All-Star trio of pass catching weapons in Marshall, Forte & Decker.

I made an offseason thread comparing our trio of Marshall, Decker & Forte (surrounding the QB position) and where they rank as an NFL trio when compared to opposing offensive trio's (at skilled player positions). Not many people could convince me it wasn't top notch. If Martavis Bryant weren't suspended for the year Roethlisberger and the Steelers having Antonio Brown, Martavis Bryant & Le'Veon Bell would've been the front runner. Damn, this trio of Marshall, Decker & Forte is truly high octane.

Behind that type of trio, it's the emergence of yet another pass catching weapon in Quincy Enunwa who can really take this offense over the top while putting fear into opposing defensive coordinators. As a 4th offensive option (3rd receiving option) it doesn't get any better than nor any more balanced/dangerous than having 13 receptions for 146 receiving yards along with 1 TD reception after two games.

In closing the young depth behind our top 3 receivers in Jalin, Anderson, Peake & Devin could be something special in the makings. You've always heard the saying of "next man up" surrounding N.E over the years; and that's the feeling I currently have with our core group of receivers moving forward.

This feels different. This feels like we're discussing our defensive line over the years when discussing the ability, potential & depth of this current group of WR's.

12. fansince90

No. Im saying let the boy use his speed to stretch the defense and loosen up routes underneath and prepare him now because Marshall and Decker wont be around long. Give him at least 1 play per quarter....look at what happened to Marshall. ..players need in game experience so if hes ever needed he wont be shell shocked.

13. fansince90

fansince95, post: 3481832, member: 19814"]I think he deserves his own thread holy cow this guy is a stud and guaranteed to make the team after tonight GO JETS[/QUOTE]
    1 question...Did you bite my name??? Lol...no problem if you did...copying is a form of flattery.

14. fansince90

Great post...but dint forget POWELL. Hes has proven to be a playmaker as well...similar game as Forte just smaller.

15. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Congrats to Robby Anderson with his first NFL reception.

I just love how he made a great catch on a terribly thrown ball - a should have been TD if it was thrown better - for a clutch chunk gain, and then was not targeted again. I don't even know if he got a snap after that or not. Great coaching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

He did make a second grab but yes he should be targeted more

kevda5n9ne likes this.
  17. cbman13

cbman13 Well-Known Member

Anybody up for letting him have a crack at returning if Jalin continues to struggle?

kevda5n9ne likes this.
  18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Typical fucking Jets.

Best WR corps in the history of the team.

Pay over 12 million dollars to a backup QB.

MoWilkBeast and june19 like this.
  19. hastygreen

hastygreen Well-Known Member

I am, Marshall needs to see the bench for a few a while. Officially he's had fumbles in two straight games. Unofficially he's had around 6 other ball security incidents where he's bobbled, muffed, etc the ball without any external influences. So far he's had 16 total touch opportunities with 8ish ball security incidents.That's just too many damn loose ball situations with this guy. He has some upside but its bench time and Bowles seems to be of that mindset because Enunwa was out there returning punts at the end of the game.

richieC and kevda5n9ne like this.
  20. nyjetsknicks247

nyjetsknicks247 Well-Known Member

While fitz sucks. Was there a other qb?