What to do about Revis?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Sep 12, 2016.

?

What should we do with Revis

1. Move him to the #2 WR and double the #1

39 vote(s)
    72.2%
  2. Move him to FS

8 vote(s)
    14.8%
  3. Move him off the Roster at the end of the year.

15 vote(s)
    27.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

maybe wait another game before panicking?

LarryAlRalph and HomeoftheJets like this.
  2. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

I suspect yesterday was the last time we see him one on one with an elite receiver to that level. He'll get help going forward now that he is exposed and the coaches no to game plan around it.

3. FazeOne17

FazeOne17 Active Member

You gotta stop saying the same stupid joke in every thread dude. Wasnt funny the last 12 times you posted it.

NotSatoshiNakamoto and FJF like this.
  4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

With the dominance of the defensive line we should be able to drop more guys in coverage than needing to send these exotic blitz packages at offenses. Cincinnati, like every other team in the league, catches on quick, starts pounding the short passing game until they play-action max protect and take some shots.

We have a million draft picks invested in guys to rush the passer. We should have no need to blitz. Williams and Wilkerson are man amongst boys upfront. I've never seen a team's offensive line get dominated so badly while still basically moving the ball at will through the air. It was fucking bizarre and Bowles needs to coach up his second and stop conceding the short passing game. It's why we missed the playoffs in that Buffalo loss last year, and it's why we got smoked on the last drive vs. Cincinnati.

The cornerbacks running 15 yards off the line of scrimmage in a bail technique reminds me so much of David Barrett it makes me sick.

Mogriffjr likes this.
  5. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

I didn't see the game much but I saw Revis playing off. Now either he's still not fully healthy with the wrist, or the gameplan was hoping the Bengals were going to do a lot of medium to long throws. Adjust and play closer.

6. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

all joking aside, it was 1 game. The defense was dominating, Cincy made great adjustments. Outside of the deep bomb (which was really williams fault who blew his assignment to cover over the top which is why revis was trailing, all the rest of the catches green had were underneath in soft coverage. play calling was a big reason why. Williams also got beat by lafell alot. williams had a worse game then revis by far, skrine was the only CB who had a good game.

Bellows1 likes this.
  7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I don't agree that the defense was dominating at all. The DL was dominant early, but then when Cincy made an in-game adjustment offensively, our DL was pretty much taken out of the game in terms of getting to and pressuring Dalton. With the exception of a couple of plays, they were very good vs the run, but they were pretty awful vs the pass. Dalton had something like 366 yards passing. Brandon effing LaFell and AJ Green were killing them all day. I'm not even sure that Skrine had a good game. I'd have to go back and re-watch the game. I think he was beaten badly on at least one play, maybe more.

8. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

that's what i said, we were dominating, cincy adjusted and we didn't adjust accordingly. I'd blame it 50% on the players and 50% on kacy rodgers for not adjusting good enough. He should have pressed the Wrs more, he knew their o-line couldn't block us

9. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

It was 1 game against one of the best in the NFL. Funny part is that he was there to make a play a few times and didn't.

Is he the Revis of 5 years ago? NOPE..
    But holy shit guys...can we give him a game or 2 before we chuck him into the meat grinder? wow...

10. Christian

Christian Active Member

Probably just let him finish the season at corner and then convert him to safety in the offseason.

Royal Tee likes this.
  11. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

It's the CS, everyone sees it and I'm sure they see it as well, but it's not the scheme that TB uses.

12. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

I voted for move him to FS. I honestly think the best use of #24 would be to have him single up on WR2-- but I don't think Pryor or Gilchrist possess the coverage skills to provide any real help up top. Obviously, it won't help much to have Watkins or Julio Jones blowing past Marcus Williams and Gilchrist any more than it helps to have them blow past Revis.

13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I agree with you, but if Bowles sees it and is just being stubborn, I hope he changes his mind; otherwise, we may need to look for another HC. I'm fed up with these HCs and Coordinators who stubbornly/blindly stick to their "schemes" even when they don't have the personnel to play the scheme effectively. I'd much rather have a coordinator/HC who is flexible and adjusts his scheme to the talent. Supposedly, Bowles does that, but it isn't happening with Revis. Maybe he's just giving the benefit of the doubt/trying to show respect for Revis, and will make a switch in a few games if Revis doesn't improve. Whatever the case, I hope he changes it.

Red Menace likes this.
  14. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Thank you... he played the same dam coverages as last years Buff game... Williams should be called the "new" toast because he was terrible. He blew the assignment on Greens' TD and was just god awful. I voted # 1 DR needs help he can not cover fleet footed WR anymore period. If Rogers and TB do not make this adjustment they should give Woody back their pay checks.

BTW wasn't OTA's, camp and preseason games supposed to help with COMMUNICATION! What the hell am I missing. We lost a very winnable game because of ST (missed kicks) and NO in game adjustments to counter Cinny's....

15. stevejets38

stevejets38 Active Member

need to play more zone, every play doesn't have to be man coverage, we have inside linebackers besides harris that can cover , and by the way gilchrist and Williams are awful, so overrated, half of Williams interceptions last year were pure luck

16. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

This isn't just this game. It's a carry over from last year. That's why people are up in arms. The guy is getting paid like a top 3 CB and doesn't perform like one.

17. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Yea on second thought I just saw highlights, Revis just got beat by some great plays from Green and Dalton. A few he was in good position but just missed. Now he isn't Revis of old but Ima give Revis the benefit and say he isn't "finished"

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  18. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

He is ok but there is no more island, he will need help for the rest of his career..they just have to adjust to that.

19. Newyawka

Newyawka Member

For 39 million dollars guaranteed,a 16 million dollar base pay last year and 17 million dollar base pay this year,I'm gonna need a little bit more than "he's ok".

20. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Just got a bleacher report notification saying he slacked during the Off-Season, and he's out of shape.