4 Simple Reasons For Today's Loss

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Joe Willie White Shoes, Sep 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

The asinine rhetoric people try to pass off as game analysis *shakes head*

It really sounds like people are watching sports center highlights and browsing over the game stats before they log in here and hit us with their astute knowledge.

I have no issue disagreeing and having a debate with people. Just do me a favor and watch the players, see what they're doing, their positioning, see how this plays out as they react to the ball. Too often people are only focused on the the result and have an emotional bias already formed.

hornblower likes this.
  2. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

4 reasons in NY Post-esque fashion:

1) JETS Folked up chance to win
    2) Coaching Staff had a Bowles movement
    3) Sea Rise sinks Revis Island
    4) A Fitztragic ending

Cman68 and FJF like this.
  3. zace

zace Well-Known Member

I dont think anyone is putting the loss solely on him,bl but if you rewatched then it was obvious he wasnt good at all 19 of 35 for 189 is bad any way you slice it.

I said and will continue to say, this like many other losses last year, are on coaching mostly. Lack of adjustments.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

4. zace

zace Well-Known Member

The play calling was bad late in the game on both sides the ball. You could even see the defense looking around lile wtf on some calls. Like why in the hell when cincy had 4 rec were you in a base defense with 2 cb and 2 safeties. I sae numerous lbs lined over recievers

5. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Aj green did not get off the jam. It was when Revis was off when he did most his damage, and honesty, he just made some bigtime catches. Give him credit and stop blaming revis. Hes paid to be a top wr in the nfl.

hornblower likes this.
  6. cval

cval Well-Known Member

we outplayed cincinatti most of the game and gave it away.

You win in this league by converting in the red zone with Touchdowns. Folk miss aside we should have had seven there. We are on the one with four downs end up with field goal.

Finally, 4th and inches we kick the field goal and end up losing by one. This one got away we have a really good football team.

We are not the pats the kicker was not going to miss.

Onto buffalo. they have no offense and a division game this is a big game early in the season. It is not a must win but as close as it gets week 2.

101GangGreen101 and zace like this.
  7. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Disagree with the majority of the OP’s post. The Jets lost the game because of Folk. End of story. He has 1 job to do. We lost by 1 and he missed an extra point. He kicked a chip shot FG too low and it got blocked. The special teams gets the large majority of the blame.

Any other blame goes to the secondary for getting burned in a few big spots.

Fitz played solid. He played like the QB he is. Average. He walked off the field with the lead. Then our D gave up the lead and he got the ball back at his own 25 with 54 seconds left and no timeouts. That’s a tough situation to come away with points in. Most QB’s would struggle against above average D’s in that spot. But even so, the first pass he read the defense beautifully and threw a ball right down the seam to Marshall who dropped it. That was the big pass play that the Jets were going to have to hit to have a shot at a potential game tying FG and Brandon Marshall dropped the ball. That would have put us at around midfield. You can’t miss opportunities like that in those spots when you have a QB with below average arm strength. The D knows he needs to push the ball downfield. They are waiting for it, but even so, he made the pass he had to make.

twown and PulseJet like this.
  8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Perhaps it is a big overstatement made in the heat of frustration, but Fitz' history is to choke in the clutch.

The reasons I didn't want him back were because I thought he just isn't that good and had a career year last year. With the tougher Ds we were gonna be facing this year, I thought there was no way he'd be able to replicate his play of last season. Someone posted a record of Fitz' play when he played top Ds and it was abysmal. He's a JAG, a mediocre QB. I thought Mac could have used that money to address other areas of need on the team. Then when Fitz wanted what I thought was an absurd amount of money for his level of play and refused to sign, I would have been content to go with Geno at QB.

For me there are no moral victories. I get little satisfaction from the team playing tough and losing a close game. If they're gonna lose, they might as well lose by 20. Geno may have been a disaster, but I would have taken solace in the D, and knowing that if Geno was horrible, we'd probably at least be in good draft position. With Fitz, I think it's probably going to gut-wrenching loss after gut-wrenching loss, we won't make the playoffs, and we're going to wind up with lousy draft position to boot.

9. NCJetsfan

Good point. It's easy to blame the play calling when a play doesn't work. With the old Vince Lombardi-coached Packers teams, opposing Ds knew what was coming and still couldn't stop the Packers because the Packers executed their plays with precision and near-perfection. We either have players who are incapable of doing that consistently, or we aren't practicing in the right way to insure that we can always execute.

That said, sometimes there can be seemingly boneheaded play calls, that leave everyone scratching their heads. OC's and HCs are human too, and they sometimes "spit the bit."

hornblower likes this.
  10. NCJetsfan

Good point with regards to Fitz. I guess I shouldn't be so upset with Fitz. He is what he is, and it's unrealistic to expect him to do things he isn't capable of doing.

We lost mostly due to Folk, Williams and Revis. Kickers have bad days. Revis is not what he once was, and I guess he's doing the best he can, so it's futile to be angry with him. Williams is probably doing the best he can, but he just isn't good enough. Looks like we're going to be taking a CB high again next year, even with Burris in the fold. All you guys who said you will freak if the Jets take a defensive player in the first round in next year's draft might as well prepare yourselves for it. It's coming.

11. richieC

richieC Active Member

Good post. Getting real tired of marshall dropping a pass in a key moment.
    Don't get me wrong, marshall takes our offense up a level, BUT in a clutch moment......HE CHOKES. ( hate saying this )

secondary breakdowns, conservative play calling.....like a broken record.
    Allowing AJ green to get 11 yards on 3rd and 13 with 1 min left >> PainFul....Deja Vu.
    Like watching a replay of week 17......Utter frustration.

ALL this aside, Jets have a lot of talent ( TY big MAC )
    NOT giving up on the season. a WIN against Buffalo and Hope is reborn!

12. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

i agree . being in upstate/western ny, i saw plenty of fitz in buffalo. last year, 10 wins with a weak schedule, was the upside.
    he got 3.5 million last year, as a backup qb signing. when he refused 7 million, they should have pulled the offer and moved on.:mad:

as for yesterday, starting milliner at corner was not a smart move. when does revis come off ir? :eek:
    did anyone else notice that when bengals put 3 wrs out on side in triangle formation, we only had 2 defenders?
    you would think that the hc, a former db himself, could have adjusted in-game for that....:rolleyes:

#32 mr nyjet, Sep 12, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
  13. Vilmalover51

Vilmalover51 Active Member

Bad loss, move on and beat the Bills and we can recover from this. If we lose Thursday, I don't even want to look at this forum...

hornblower and BleedingGreen55 like this.
  14. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

good points. playing fitz is just like playing against pennington. crowd the middle with defenders, force him to throw short and/or outside. he does not have the arm to burn you deep. so off to buffalo, lose and an 0-6 or 0- 7 start is probable. at that point, start either geno ( to see what he's got in chans offense), or give petty some on-the-job experience. kudos to the eagles for going with wentz. they got a haul for bradford.

15. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

The blocked kick? that was Folk's fault right? I mean I'm sure they coulda done a better job blocking but if you are kicking a 22 yard field goal you got to get it up in the air. No need to line drive it since its so close..

thought they should've went for it there anyway. Could've made it 14-0 right off the bat.

16. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Browning they kept bragging about the guy that blocked it, he's 6'8" and blocked 7 kicks his senior year but he never left the ground he kicked it right into his hand and the XP he missed by a mile

BrowningNagle likes this.
  17. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

There was a few reason why we lost, we didn't execute as well as we should have, we do and we win the game.

Tough loss for sure but gotta shake this one off and move on and get it done from here on out.

hornblower likes this.
  18. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

the 4th and 1...Seriously? you have an amazing D-line in case we don't make it and still won't go for it on 4th and 1? It was 4th and 2 but still...c'mon fellas

I was PISSSED!!!

19. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

I have decided that the real reason we lost is because Sheldon Richardson's dumb ass got itself suspended for this game. If we'd had 9 sacks instead of 7, and 21 pressures instead of 17, we'd be 1-0 instead of 0-1.

This is a little bit tongue-in-cheek, but it's also a reasonable conclusion that an even better performance by our D-line could have easily eliminated one of Cinci's 3rd down conversions, or one big pass to AJ. Either would have been enough in a game this tight.

Royal Tee likes this.
  20. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

We might be the worst 3rd down defense in football..When we need a stop, the other team just keeps on rollin along.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.