Cut Players Jets Should Look At

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Lon Chaney, Sep 3, 2016.

1. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

We have no dollars to drop and he was due 6.5M this year. The only reason he was cut was because GB's cap hell was almost as bad as ours. He was 2nd team all pro 3 years in a row, he will get signed in a minute for more than we could ever dream of giving him.

2. NotSatoshiNakamoto

pro-bowl, yes, but no all-pro. i don't really pay much attention to offensive linemen on other teams but I've read that he's a stud at pass blocking.

3. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

If they can afford him, then hell yes. O-line is the weak link on this team, and Fitzpatrick isnt a spring chicken, and they no longer have a "bruiser" type at running back.... I'd prefer to not rely on Winters, because when he whiffs, he really gets smoked

4. gajetsfan

gajetsfan Member

What about Matt Barkley? He was just cut by Arizona. He may not be great but a veteran backup then we could cut Geno. This front office does not have any loyalty to Geno.

5. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Actually it was Bowles who said Winters was the most improved vet in camp along with Skrine. I think based on that RT is where they need to look for help. The way they went back and forth between Ijalana and Qvale it tells me neither stood out as a replacement for Breno.

6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Oh HELL no! Matt Barkley sucks.

7. cval

cval Well-Known Member

I wonder with people on this board soometimes. You want to cut Geno who had some success for a player that has had zero and a bust?

WTF?

8. NCJetsfan

In general, I agree with you that OG is not a position on which a team should spend a lot of money. The Jets are in a little bit of a different situation, however. With the suspensions to Brady and Nincompoop, the Jets have a shot to unseat NE at the top of their division. Sitton would help solidify the right side of the OL. He could help mentor Winters and the other young OL. OTOH, however, with the Jets keeping so many younger players and letting go of some experienced vets, they may be taking a long term view rather than a "win now" approach to this season.

The Jets probably can't afford Sitton, but unless he has some hidden injury, his play has suddenly fallen off a cliff, or developed a bad attitude, I'd add him in a NY minute. The Packers have had a lot of injuries on their OL over the last couple of years and done a lot of shuffling. Sitton has been a rock on their OL.

IMO even with Winters being supposedly improved, Sitton would be a HUGE upgrade over Winters.

9. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

Lol

10. NCJetsfan

Careful...you're showing your age! :D

11. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Per ProFootballTalk Jets claimed TE Braedon Bowman (Jags), TE Brian Parker (KC), RB Troymaine Pope (Seahawks), DB Darryl Roberts (Pats)

I would say bye bye to Howsare (Jags tried Bowman at FB as well), Bostick, Williams and McDougle.

On Bowman:“We like him; he’s intriguing to us,” coach Gus Bradley said of Bowman. “We don’t have a fullback on our roster so what we’re still trying to figure out with Bowman is, can he be the guy that plays the tight end spot and then at times gives us the fullback that we like to incorporate?”

http://jacksonville.com/sports/foot...sider-undrafted-bowman-has-chance-earn-roster

NotSatoshiNakamoto likes this.
  12. NCJetsfan

Interesting. I'm curious to see who the Jets will cut.

13. IsmokePot

IsmokePot Active Member

Pope looked good. I like that pick up. He is a solid kick returner as well. Glad we are starting to address that issue. Now add some oline help.

Cman68 likes this.
  14. DefenseWinsChampionships

Wouldn't mind taking a flyer on Dexter McCluster.

Still only 28 years of age.

I wanna see what Jalin Marshall as a rookie has to offer as a KR but Dexter has great NFL experience as a punt returner.

His last two seasons with Tennessee weren't anything to write home about but Dex was an absolute animal for K.C during his 2013 campaign and can line up in the slot and/or catch out of the backfield with receiver like ability.

15. BuzzKillington

I think offensive line takes priority over another undersized kick returner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. DefenseWinsChampionships

An "undersized" kick returner? The man has over 2,700 return yards with 3 TD's.

And the Jets just worked Dexter McCluster out yesterday (Friday).

As I originally stated, I wouldn't mind taking a flyer on Dexter. He was electric with K.C & it's nice to know Maccagnan brought him in for a workout; we'll see what happens.

17. ChrebetCrunch

ChrebetCrunch Well-Known Member

I am by no means a Geno supporter, but he is a capable back up and there isn't a better option out there.

18. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Yeah I agree we should ignore talent available at other positions and go sign that offensive lineman with the potential to be a starter that's just hanging out on the waiver wire that no team has picked up yet…