Robby Anderson

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jetsfansince95, Sep 1, 2016.

1. DefenseWinsChampionships

Off the top of my head, I really can't think of too many WR's who's at least 6'3 in height but yet under 190 lbs in weight.

With that said, from what I've seen out of Anderson throughout the preseason in terms of his style of play, the way he feasted on sidelines, how he was catching deep passes with just his hands etc I seen a lot of A.J Green within Robby Anderson's overall game.

A.J Green is just the player comparison who kept popping into my head every time I seen Anderson put up some of those jaw dropping receptions on the outside.

Jalin Marshall was the star of Jets training camp, but this Robby Anderson completely stole the NFL's preseason show.

I don't wanna get ahead of myself here, was only the preseason but one can't help but to think we might've just found ourselves a gem. A kid to develop, coach up & groom into our next #1 WR on the outside as Brandon Marshall begins to age. One can only hope but from what I've seen he's a natural. Game comes easy to him.

PulseJet likes this.
  2. Altoona

Altoona Well-Known Member

Touche. I had that coming. Thanks for putting me and my lame ego in check....

Footballgod214 and Walt White like this.
  3. 88toon

88toon Well-Known Member

Count me in as sold on this kid. Like everything I see. And I think I remember hearing B Marsh and Dec praising the 3 young kids work ethics as well. I'd keep all 3 young guys based on potential over Tompkins and Ross. To me those guys are JAGS you can find at any point during the season. You don't swap out rookies that could have much higher ceilings for vets who you pretty much know what you are getting.

4. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

The kid has "it". You either have it or you don't. The way he adjusts to the ball, creates separation from DB's, goes up for it. This kid could be a good NFL wideout. Excited to watch him develop all year and get better.

NCJetsfan and TwoHeadedMonster like this.
  5. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

The best part of Anderson's emerging is that he's competition and pressure on Devin Smith. Smith will reasonably be afforded the patience required of a highly talented second round pick with a skillset that otherwise hasn't existed on the team up to this point. With Anderson around, the teams patience can realistically wane a bit.

Smith should absolutely be afforded the opportunity to get healthy and show what he can do. That said, his rope is limited.

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk

NCJetsfan and Cman68 like this.
  6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Absolutely agree with this. Devin Smith will be given time to heal and earn his roster spot. However, with the emergence of Robbie Anderson, Smith no longer has the luxury of taking "forever" to get back on the field. The better Anderson plays, the smaller Smith's window of opportunity gets. Smith has had some god awful luck, but that's part of the game and if he can't get back on the field his draft status might not save him. The Jets have enough guys on the roster that can't play for one reason or another.

xxedge72x and NCJetsfan like this.
  7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

He's got strong hands. Once it hits his mitts he doesn't let it go. There are plenty of guys who can outrun people or track the football even but when the defender hits them they can't hold on. Anderson gets his hands on it and its his. Last night the guy slapped his hands just as the ball came and he still didn't flinch.

I am reminded of Thompkins' drop on that miracle pass late in Buffalo last year. The defender got there just as the ball did and Thompkins couldn't hold on. People don't kill Thompkins for it because it would've been a tough catch. But great receivers make tough catches. I am not saying Anderson would've but he's certainly showing he's got the stuff to hold on in those situations

8. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

And the reason why he wasnt drafted was because he has small hands.

9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

While I agree with keeping all 3 of the young WRs, I totally disagree with your statement that you can find guys like Ross at any point during the season. If it's so easy to find a quality PR/KOR, then why couldn't we find one all of last season? I think there's room to keep both Ross and Jalin Marshall and hope they will.

10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I don't think you had it coming, but appreciate your attitude and humility. There's nothing wrong with getting excited over a young player. After all, it's not like we've had tons of those over the years. I think your ego was fine just the way it was/is.

11. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

robbie is looking like this years allen hurns

12. JETSMAN7

JETSMAN7 Member

I'm probably one of the few Temple/Jets fans on the forum. Watched Robbie play all last year and not surprised he's killing it. He's gonna be great for us.

13. AlmostNamedMyDogRevis

AlmostNamedMyDogRevis Active Member

or this year's Ryan Spadola. But I'm optimistic

14. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

The real test comes when they send Robbie over the middle and he gets hit a few times. If he survives that mentally, he'll be a force to reckon with on our team.

15. AlmostNamedMyDogRevis

AlmostNamedMyDogRevis Active Member

Great thing is if he doesnt pan out we're already good at WR. with spadola, we needed him bc our receiving corps was bad. Anderson would just be a bonus

16. Altoona

Altoona Well-Known Member

With big bodied WRs like Marshall, Decker and Enunwa, I really don't think we'll see much of him over the middle as there isn't really a need to do so with the aforementioned big guys who are built to withstand the punishment. Virtually all his receptions this preseason have been at or near the sideline. What will be great is that Marshall frequently draws double coverage or has a safety protecting the CB which would in theory leave Anderson one on one on his deep routes where it will be difficult for most DBs to stay with him. Eventually, they'll have to give him a cushion which will allow him to feast on deep/intermediate comeback routes...

17. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

good points.
    with Marshall and Decker getting as much attention as they do, i think he'll see single coverage all the time.
    this guy is going to be open a lot.

i like that he plays outside too, allowing us to keep Decker in.
    Having to respect the deep fly/post/flag along the sidelines is exactly what we were hoping D Smith could provide.
    so far Anderson >>>>> Smith.
    I'd rather put Smith on the IR and let him come back fresh next offseason.

Altoona, Cman68 and Burnz like this.
  18. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Somebody just said to me he probably won't make the team because he doesn't play special teams. Hope that's not true.

19. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Someone just said to me he's an alien from the planet Keplar. I hope that's not true.

20. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Lmao

Source/link?