I think I figured out the Dexter McDougle pick.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by SecondHandJets, May 10, 2014.

1. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

No surprise looking back at some of the dopes on here who were in favor of McDougle and Idzik

2. hastygreen

hastygreen Well-Known Member

Idizick gave off the vibe of a guy that feels like he's always the smartest guy in the room. He got cute with the draft and made a remarkable mess out of two drafts believing in his own shit. His "competition at all positions" mantra was anything but. Nothing made that more clear than his not drafting just about any other QB that draft other than Taj (can you say undrafted) Boyd. Geno made it quite clear in that first season that he was not ready to be a starting QB but that was ignored in a draft where you had a number of decent QB's right there for the Jets to pick.

The one cavet to his stupid drafting is Richardson and Pryor and even with that both guys were taken at positions that
    already had young guys with promise. By making the Richardson and Pryor picks Idzick managed to negate any further development those players might have had. Coples, even though he wasn't on the line had showed a flash of talent. He might have been able to turn it around if we put him on the line instead of constantly adding new guys and playing him out of position. Same thing goes for Antonio Allen who was shaping up to be a nice late round pick at SS. Look at Pryor in his first season where he was forced to play FS. Pryor looked like he was going to be a big bust. Back in the right position the guy became almost Pro-Bowl caliber over night. Glad to have both of those guys and wish they had an unspoiled Allen.

Anywho, rambling again, the bottom line is that Idzick was catering to his own ego and potential legacy here rather than trying to get things to work with Rex. As a bonus I feel like Bradway may have had his hand in the cookie jar as well. Every one of those picks were classic Jets boondoggle choices. Except of course Pryor and Richardson, but even a stopped watch is right twice a day.

3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

next mike tyson got me
    lol

4. LIJetsFan

LIJetsFan Active Member

LOL Coples was one of the first cuts this preseason

5. hastygreen

hastygreen Well-Known Member

I know, there were those flashes. I'm not syaing he would have been great or anything but it would have been nice if he was allowed to actually play the position we drafted him for. I think he was iffy as a pick but he should have been put on the d line. You don't draft iffy players and hope they'll take up another position they are ill suited for. That said, he did actually "try" to play LB.

6. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

It wasn't this pick, and I get you that you he went early I was thinking 4th round. What kills me about Idzik was his refusal to address the issues and not draft a receiver when good ones there, He absolutely crapped the bed on drafting players.

7. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

In one of the deepest wide receiver draft classes of all time, when that was the number one position of need ... we didn't address the position until the 4th round, and got two studs who I won't even mention by name ... thx Idzik

8. DefenseWinsChampionships

Exactly. Horrific to wait for the 4th round with Saunders & Evans.

During the 1st round the likes of Sammy Watkins, Mike Evans and Odell Beckham Jr were all off the board by the time we drafted Calvin Pryor.

At the time I was upset we didn't draft Brandin Cooks there and as an FSU fan i was disheartened that we didn't draft Kelvin Benjamin. Now looking back, if Calvin Pryor can continue his emergence into an all-pro type of SS I now love the pick of Pryor; he adds explosion & a mean style of play to our defense.

What really had me frustrated was our 2nd round selection of Jace Amaro. Not because I knew Amaro would struggle or didn't like the kid, but because during a gold rush of a WR draft class you go TE. Especially considering the fact the likes of Allen Robinson & Jarvis Landry were both still available.

Hindsight is always 20/20 but a WR should've been drafted there in round #2.

Could you imagine instead of Amaro while Bortles & Jacksonville stole Allen Robinson, that it was our Jets that pulled the trigger on a no brainer WR in Robinson???

• Brandon Marshall on the outside as a #1.
    • Allen Robinson on the outside as a #2.
    • Eric Decker as a slots working the inside.
    • Matt Forte coming out of the backfield.

Good Lord would our offense be stacked with youth & younger WR prospects 4-6.

This is why I have so much hope for Amaro to emerge because I know deep down inside that either of Robinson or Landry were both the obvious choices with a healthy WR class.

9. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Jets were in position to address a LOT of needs that year - and Idzik fucked them up beyond redemption. I didn't know what kind of fucking moron he was until after that draft. I am happy he's gone.

Seriously. Just imagine.

Jets could have Derek Carr AND Jarvis Landry/Allen Robinson with the top two picks that year.

And Gabe Jackson at 3rd. [Yeah. McDogshit pick.]
    They could go with either Martavis Bryant or Kevin Norwood with 4th. [Jalen whateverthefuckhisfaceis is gone anyway.]

Really kills me to think about this fuck up. Jets really could stock up the roster that year. Fuck you, Idzik. Just die in a fire.

#49 Zach, Aug 31, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
  10. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

LMAO!!

Tranny and Izdick...Sancho and Geno.....Oh the pain!

Better times are coming boys....and girls
    ;)

11. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

this guy isn't playing tonight, there's no way he makes the roster.

12. DefenseWinsChampionships

Dee Milliner isn't playing either. Both McDougle & Milliner are listed as inactive due to hamstring injuries.

They'll both make the team though.

13. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

Sadly, despite the absence of him and Milliner for most of the preseason, no one really stepped up to challenge their spots. They probably still your CB 4/5.

14. 101GangGreen101

Justin Burris could grab that 4th spot, could be Milliner v McDougle

Walt White likes this.
  15. 101GangGreen101

I don't think they both make the team absolutely. Could be between the two.

1 - Revis
    2 - Skrine
    3 - Marcus Williams
    4 - Justin Burris
    5 - Milliner or McDougle [even a FA acquisition]

Perfect world, Burris steps his game up and Skrine plays nickel.

16. 101GangGreen101

look at that lol Burris

17. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

18. NotSatoshiNakamoto

nice practice squad pick in the 3rd round. smh

i always thought this guy looked like a good man cover corner.

PaPZ187 likes this.
  19. PaPZ187

PaPZ187 Member

Well he has proven he was definitely an Idzik pick so far lol

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk