Are we approaching another season of slow first halves?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DanR, Aug 20, 2016.

1. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Forte is an upgrade over Ivory, it creates more mismatches on offense. Having money left over for who? You and Hasty need to get over your obsession with 2 down lineman. Great locker room guy glad he got paid but I'm much happier with one of the best 2 way interior lineman in the league locked up.

2. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

We might've made the playoffs if he could have played the whole game in Buffalo.

The DL is deeper and more versatile now.

Just a matter of time before Ivory and Snacks break down

3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Something tells me neither of you can do a backflip, let alone backflips.

[​IMG]

4. PabloJa

PabloJa Well-Known Member

You're kidding, right?

5. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

that would be the devastating norm. the schedule softens up so much after them first 6 games.

6. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Hey that's a pretty impressive backflip, if not for it's backflippiness, then for sheer awesome result.

On topic, the Bengals games and the Bills games are both must win games for this team. As much as the two opening games can be must win games, these are. If we lose even one of these, the Jets will be in a hole all season that they'll be constantly fighting to climb out of. The Jets need to start fast and escape from both of those with a win. Losing to Buffalo is not acceptable anymore ever.

7. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Snacks wasn't that important... McLendon and which ever one of those 3 beasts he lines up to in our 4 man fronts will be just fine.

8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

SMH :rolleyes:

9. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

yes and no. I see both sides of it.

We're bloated at Defensive End where only 66% of our starters can actually start. And we let go the NFL's top NT (in 3-4 Defense, NT is the most important position). We also committed 10%+ of our total cap space to bring Wilk back. If we hadn't drafted Leonard Williams last year, then it's a no brainer...bring Wilk back. Richardson - Snacks - Wilk. Best Dline in football.

But we DID draft Williams, cut Damion Harrison, our great NT, and paid huge for a 3rd D-End.

I know, pre-season....blah blah blah, but seeing RB after RB rush up the gut against us really hurts.

I'll miss the days of Snacks shedding dbl teams and slamming the RB down 2 yards behind the LOS.

I'll miss teams, like the Pats, never even TRYING to run between the has marks against us, not even one attempt. It was pointless to even try.

HOPEFULLY our new strategy up front will be just a good. Time will tell.

10. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

We will probably be blitzing the AB gap more this year with those new LBs

11. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Yup, and Abyz says our new guy from the Bears is more of a gap shooter than a run stuffer (or maybe I read it somewhere). I can see more stunts and blitzing with both d-ends having more inside run support. Could work out fine, we'll see.

Wilk has gone on record saying having Snacks in the middle is a huge plus and frees him up to do his thing. That was last year, so we'll see.....

12. I would expect alot of "slow" games where NYJ try to wear teams out w/ their depth/toughness & win late.I agree that it appears nothing has changed.in terms of getting off to a fast start.That said..sometimes the quick start is the worse thing..remember week 2 2014 @GB?

13. Knickyankeefan

Knickyankeefan New Member

I'm expecting 1-2 in those games

14. Chadchrebet

Chadchrebet Well-Known Member

I've got the athleticism. No doubt. But don't have the mental part and fear breaking my neck.

15. Pocket Jet

Pocket Jet Well-Known Member

Perhaps a team can draw a softer schedule, but to say any team is lucky to win 10 games in the NFL is a bit of a joke