Topic of Discussion: Bryce Petty.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DefenseWinsChampionships, Aug 14, 2016.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Good post. I would add that on the Jets drive before the Washington drive the Jets were driving and near or in the red zone. Had the receiver (Sudfeld?) not fumbled, it's very likely Petty would have led the Jets to at least a FG, if not another TD and the game would have possibly been out of reach, or at least would have let some more air out of Washington. As it is, the TO gave them energy and hope. TOs always pump up the other team.

2. NYGANGGREEN

NYGANGGREEN Well-Known Member

How rude lol

3. Darrelle24Revis

Darrelle24Revis Active Member

Ok guys, I rarely post anything and I know this is random and off topic but I had the most epic night when I went to the Jets vs. Redskins game. I spoke with Jace Amaro's parents, Bryce Pettys mom and met a bunch of players! Including some of my long time favorites. I thought maybe I can share some of my excitement with you guys...

ctjetsguy, Footballgod214 and FlaJet like this.
  4. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

http://forums.theganggreen.com/forums/jets-experience.31/

5. Run_N_gun10

Run_N_gun10 Well-Known Member

Petty looked good....enough said. Lets see some more. Eludes pressure...

6. TouchyFeely

TouchyFeely Well-Known Member

Fitz needs to teach him his tricks when evading in the pocket. Could bring him up another level.

june19 likes this.
  7. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Just a dream I had, wanted to share. Go JETS!!!!

8. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

If Petty puts on a show vs the Giants goooodbye Geno!

9. DefenseWinsChampionships

And if Geno has a bounce back game say hello to 4 QB's for 2016.

I can't hide my enthusiasm for Bryce Petty. I love this kid out of Baylor. Petty can throw the football but I won't sit here and act as if Geno's chop liver and out of nowhere and suddenly on the chopping block after a poor showing during a week two preseason game.

Let's not sit here and act as if A.) Geno didn't perform during his final 4 games of 2014 as only a 2nd year player. B.) Didn't hold his own for a backup while on the road @ Oakland during his 1 spot duty of the season last year. C.) Hasn't had an overall solid offseason of OTA's and training camp & D.) Didn't have a nice showing during his 1st preseason game against Jacksonville.

I don't wanna make this another Geno vs. Petty topic of discussion but you can't talk about a week two preseason game while completely ignoring the above regarding Geno.

I'm on record stating that I'd be in favor of keeping Petty over Geno due to Petty being under contract while Geno's an up coming free agent but I'm all for keeping 4 QB's.

I'm very thankful for Petty's hopeful emergence as a contending starter within this league and without question becoming more and more deserving of our backup role as time goes by.

With that said Petty had experience and major success within a run & gun college system. Just give him experience within an NFL system and he may just thrive within the future. As a starter. But there's no need to just release Geno and if anything happens to Fitzpatrick simply throw Petty to the wolves of NFL defenses with schemes of complexity.

Petty's time is coming. By next offseason he'll be solidified as our #2 with a chance to start come the offseason. As of right now I'm not ready to throw Geno away just so Petty becomes the #1 backup. His time is coming. It's near.

10. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Anybody drop a hotdog or a beer?